Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I've been trying for a few weeks to get into Unity, and it's just not happening. The game is bland, the stealth mechanics terrible, and the combat is just not remotely enjoyable. It's a real shame, I loved Black Flag, and even have a soft spot for III. Unity's main success is probably in me thinking almost fondly of III's mechanics.

I miss whistling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Huh, so I just had my Resident Evil 6 moment with this, and am actually kind of enjoying it now. Once I realised the best way to play this game was as a gunslinger in a smoky dance club, it got a lot more entertaining. Dive into a window, smoke bomb, rapid fire pistol three people and then execute the last, and combat becomes pretty simple. This is much more entertaining.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Edit: quote is not edit. My first time.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Wish they'd announce a PS4 version, I know that by the time I break down and get the XBox 360 version, that'll be the day Ubisoft says 'guess what?'

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Hahahaha, see, occasional bugs like that can make a good game great.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Palpek posted:

Yeah, I completely forgot that scene but now I do remember I had a "gently caress, that was good" feeling when they were finished at that table. I thought it was genuinely well thought out as a cinematic scene. I'm sure the music helped as well as a couple of good one-liners.

Connor is terrible. "Charles Lee! Charles Lee! I must find Charles Lee, the man who burned down my village and killed my mother.' :byodood:
Haytham: 'Actually, it was Washington'.'
Connor: 'Well gently caress. Where's LEE!?!' :byodood:
And then Connor and Washington were super best friends forever.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Palpek posted:

The best part of AC3 is how bonkers the story DLCs were. Washington's pyramid in the middle of New York:

Now I really want Assassins Creed: Egypt. Assassinations with a brain hook :magical:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Skoll posted:

Id love to see AC Vikings but I don't think it'd work unless the game centered in medieval Europe or some poo poo.

Conflict between the Moors on the Iberian peninsula and Viking raids (lightning assassination by boats) could be fun, and definitely an under-explored time period (mid-800s). Would get rid of those pesky firearms and add more axes :black101:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Palpek posted:

Ah yeah, lists where Unity or AC3 are higher than Ezio trilogy, this must be the AC thread. Ubi should make way more like those.

Also we're not getting a second AC this year, right? So no chance for another sailing AC?

Don't think so. Also to follow on, AC used to be the game I woul get each year, but with Unity, I can't really work up the enthusiasm for Syndicate. It seems the closer in time to the present day each game is, the less fun they become. An AC with no guns would be ideal or modern tech would be a step in the right direction.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

GhostDog posted:

I guess you might be able to try yourself some time...

It's not April 1, I'm confused.

Monetise it monetise it monetise it!!! :black101:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
That's pretty pitiful. Really just reinforces that when Patrice left after Brotherhood, they didn't have a loving clue what to do with this series, and just do other people's pop culture. More and more Black Flag just looks like blind luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Pork Pie Hat posted:

If no one has already started work on a new thread for Syndicate, can I volunteer to make one?

I want it to be the called Assassin's Creed Syndicate: The Ragged Trousered Exsanguinist please.

• Locked thread