Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

So far it's fun. Think Titanfall but without the titans. You can't wall run but you can double jump and air dodge.

I really wish that they had made the game less uh, insta-kill, but I guess that's what every shooter does these days :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
only took them like 9 games to mix things up.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
advanced warmfare lunch

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
all my textures are blurry and the game stutters really hard every 3 seconds

advanced

warfare

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

I don't even understand the knife in this game. I can never land a hit and when I die to it the killcam shows me nowhere near it.

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man
Game is pretty funny, though I havent had a CoD since MW2.

If anyone has this on PC I'd be up for some grouping.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sad to hear they didnt increase health so its still who clicks first

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wtf arent games supposed to come out on tuesdays

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

why do these games have no music I don't get it

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

so far side weapons seem useless, it takes too long to switch weapons

also having a hard time making shotguns effective considering you can aim down sight in midair

muddream
Oct 13, 2014

is there a bumper jumper control scheme?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

are shotguns still dumb as hell or did they finally buff them? i remember in blops they still had a range of like 4 feet and the bullets magically disappeared after that

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Bobnumerotres posted:

are shotguns still dumb as hell or did they finally buff them? i remember in blops they still had a range of like 4 feet and the bullets magically disappeared after that

They still have that range, only now it's harder to get in close to people because of jump jets and poo poo.

don't get me wrong, I have pulled off some nice insta-kills with them, but that doesn't make up for all the times where I come up against someone at mid range and I'm a free kill

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Dexters Secret posted:

They still have that range

guess im not buying the new cod

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i recommend avoiding Team Deathmatch it's super not fun

go with gametypes that make you move around

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I recommend titanfall

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Dexters Secret posted:

I don't even understand the knife in this game. I can never land a hit and when I die to it the killcam shows me nowhere near it.

No dedicated servers :downs:

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Carecat posted:

No dedicated servers :downs:

as usual

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Dexters Secret posted:

i recommend avoiding Team Deathmatch it's super not fun

go with gametypes that make you move around

Expecting meaningful movement in CoD? F. LoL

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

I hate to say it but, Titanfall is the better multiplayer fps. At least for now. This has gotten pretty boring because assault rifles are the only good weapon, and the joy of aerial battles are kinda undercut by how little health you have.

But hey, this made Titanfall go on sale for $10 so I consider it a wash.

I'll play the single player at some point.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Dexters Secret posted:

I hate to say it but, Titanfall is the better multiplayer fps. At least for now. This has gotten pretty boring because assault rifles are the only good weapon, and the joy of aerial battles are kinda undercut by how little health you have.

But hey, this made Titanfall go on sale for $10 so I consider it a wash.

I'll play the single player at some point.

Lol youre still playin Titanfall way past its prime (the first 2 days after release)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i named my holy mackeral in tf2 "Cod of Duty, Modern Warfish, Bass Ops II"

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

qnqnx posted:

Lol youre still playin Titanfall way past its prime (the first 2 days after release)

actually I just bought it three days ago.

I also played it on release but I had it refunded because I didn't like it, but it's gotten better since then.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Dexters Secret posted:

actually I just bought it three days ago.

I also played it on release but I had it refunded because I didn't like it, but it's gotten better since then.

whats changed?

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Hollenhammer posted:

whats changed?

matchmaking, and I guess everything just feels a bit more balanced. :shrug:

I'm in a lot of close games on there now. Which didn't happen often around release.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Hollenhammer posted:

whats changed?

our expectations as gamers have been drastically lowered

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Mr. Pumroy posted:

our expectations as gamers have been drastically lowered

it just wasn't very fun because every game was a landslide because they didn't implement basic loving things like autobalancing.

but now it has that, so, yay.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i dont get CoD, id rather just play UT2004 instagib in a giant kitchen map

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
50 dollar season pass lmao

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

50 gigs wtf

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

copying titanfall in more ways than one

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

50 dollar season pass lmao

jesus christ id rather stick 50 dollars down my urethra

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

im glad they are charging people to play the dumb zombie mode. anyone who plays that mode deserves it

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

doritos sandwich would be a good cal lof duty lunch

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

im glad they are charging people to play the dumb zombie mode. anyone who plays that mode deserves it

MW3's survival mode against the normal people was a lot more fun than any CoD Zombie mode

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

MW3's survival mode against the normal people was a lot more fun than any CoD Zombie mode

i dont even remember that mode. MW3 was a trash pile though so that is probably why

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Dayone CoD.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5GoDAsYMUs

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Looks like I can save my cash. Thanks, Dex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
Never-mind the inevitable trolling from the scrawny, no-stem degree, non weight lifting, dead-end job apartment bums or the ugly, fat pink, boys who spend more time with playstation than their ugly wives who they stupidly forgot to prenup. These are the same clowns who always go out of their way to type "my gf/wife" on msg boards because their not even used to female attention. People don't make a big deal out of things that come easy.

On to the review. This is about as "new" as you can be while still keeping the game CoD. I'm as big a CoD basher as they come, and this game screams "effort." The graphics are great, the sound is pretty good, and the jet packs really change how gun fights go down and how you get across the map. It makes it easy to defeat campers by just gliding past them.

The maps are well made, too. They aren't all cramped mazes like infinity ward maps tend to be. These remind me of Black Ops 1 maps. They are kind of big and mostly open, but there are some tight spaces throughout the maps.

The time to kill is fine, too. It isn't ridiculously fast like Ghosts, but it isn't Uncharted long either. Sometimes, you can escape being killed if caught off guard.

I didn't review the campaign, because I mainly buy shooters for online play.

• Locked thread