Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Looks like I can save my cash. Thanks, Dex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
Never-mind the inevitable trolling from the scrawny, no-stem degree, non weight lifting, dead-end job apartment bums or the ugly, fat pink, boys who spend more time with playstation than their ugly wives who they stupidly forgot to prenup. These are the same clowns who always go out of their way to type "my gf/wife" on msg boards because their not even used to female attention. People don't make a big deal out of things that come easy.

On to the review. This is about as "new" as you can be while still keeping the game CoD. I'm as big a CoD basher as they come, and this game screams "effort." The graphics are great, the sound is pretty good, and the jet packs really change how gun fights go down and how you get across the map. It makes it easy to defeat campers by just gliding past them.

The maps are well made, too. They aren't all cramped mazes like infinity ward maps tend to be. These remind me of Black Ops 1 maps. They are kind of big and mostly open, but there are some tight spaces throughout the maps.

The time to kill is fine, too. It isn't ridiculously fast like Ghosts, but it isn't Uncharted long either. Sometimes, you can escape being killed if caught off guard.

I didn't review the campaign, because I mainly buy shooters for online play.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mung Dynasty posted:

Never-mind the inevitable trolling from the scrawny, no-stem degree, non weight lifting, dead-end job apartment bums or the ugly, fat pink, boys who spend more time with playstation than their ugly wives who they stupidly forgot to prenup. These are the same clowns who always go out of their way to type "my gf/wife" on msg boards because their not even used to female attention. People don't make a big deal out of things that come easy.

Lol

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Well gently caress if it's like blops with jet packs please let me know so I can in fact grab it.

:psyduck: my poor wallet is going to suffer badly this November anyways

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I want to kill

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Widestancer posted:

Well gently caress if it's like blops with jet packs please let me know so I can in fact grab it.

:psyduck: my poor wallet is going to suffer badly this November anyways

im probably just gonna buy it because im an idiot. i will let you know how terrible it is on pc

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
hey while you are just throwing money away buy me the 50 dollar season pass

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

hey while you are just throwing money away buy me the 50 dollar season pass

I'd like a pkat and an av cert for the imp christmas av that I have yet to decide and make

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

It helps that I have poo poo to do today, so I can see what others think before buying. THis is extremely obvious by the rate of my posting this morning I know.

Look at this nerd who posts a lot

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

no nerd shaming in imp zone please

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

LaTex Fetish posted:

no nerd shaming in imp zone please

gently caress off nerd

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I like how there's tons and tons of water bottles from the same brand everywhere, which implies that they own all the remaining fresh water

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Normie: Works a job, talks with coworkers about how much they hate it and then goes home to wife who no longer loves them and enjoys "craft" beer and some cheese that had a cool looking wrapper in the deli of whole foods when they get home before taking benadryl to fall asleep

ZDR: Enjoys job, posts while working said enjoyable job, has no problem getting some, enjoys social activities such as games with friends and is a nerd

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I landed my jetpack square on top of a guy who stopped to shoot a team mate and didn't notice me for several seconds before I meleed him

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

gently caress off nerd

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I'm pissed they put in Co-op mode in World at War and it was crazy super fun and then they never put it in any cod game ever again.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

gently caress off nerd

lmao

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I wonder what the new 1887's are gonna be

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

zen death robot posted:

That's because basically no one cares about the campaign.

If they had a split screen co op maybe people would

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

really really disappointed Kevin Spacey isn't one of the MP announcers

Dec 26, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

really really disappointed Kevin Spacey isn't one of the MP announcers

he's not? kind of surprising honestly

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Gary Oldman, Kiefer Sutherland and Ice Cube were MP announcers and they hyped them up WAY less. I guess I don't get it...

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

zen death robot posted:

That's because basically no one cares about the campaign.

When they let you run around the pacific toasting japanese soldiers with a alien laser gun with 4 of your friends people'll care about campaign!

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

How's the ttk in this game? Couldn't get into Ghost because the ttk was so loving fast. Thought Black Ops 2 had perfect ttk.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mercurochrome posted:

How's the ttk in this game? Couldn't get into Ghost because the ttk was so loving fast. Thought Black Ops 2 had perfect ttk.

What In the everliving gently caress are you babbling about?

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

oh, this is not the megaten megathread?

I was asking about the time to kill

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

It can't be worse than the TTK in Battlefield games with 10 tick rate. That poo poo was hilarious.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

this game didn't come out on wii u so i guess im not buying it :(

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lumpy hit me up on steam and said it's good too

poo poo I might have to hold off on FC4; Im getting feels of the days when I would party up with piles of people in MW2 and all of us would only use thumpers and riot shields and I know this might not be like that but god drat man

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

gay skull posted:

this game didn't come out on wii u so i guess im not buying it :(

going to get the ps3 version cuz i can't afford to go next gen

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Widestancer posted:

Lumpy hit me up on steam and said it's good too

poo poo I might have to hold off on FC4; Im getting feels of the days when I would party up with piles of people in MW2 and all of us would only use thumpers and riot shields and I know this might not be like that but god drat man

there are shields in the sp campaign and you can butt people with them but idk if it's in mp.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Mr. Pumroy posted:

there are shields in the sp campaign and you can butt people with them but idk if it's in mp.

this was my favorite part of mw2 it better loving be in the game

being a jedi and confusing everyone was great

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
there are shields in mp too

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Broshevik posted:

there are shields in mp too

Do we get to relive the glory of airport shield gang bangs?

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain

Widestancer posted:

Do we get to relive the glory of airport shield gang bangs?

you can do it but it's gonna be harder because of the whole rocket jump thing unless you open up shop in a building

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Widestancer posted:

Looks like I can save my cash. Thanks, Dex.

bear in mind my opinions are based off multiplayer and i haven't touched the campaign yet

i'd feel better about the multiplayer if the other weapons were viable because using an assault rifle all the time is boring.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
should i buy this for pc or console

i mean lets take away the controller vs m+kb argument for a sec and just talk player count and community longevity for respective platform

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

bear in mind my opinions are based off multiplayer and i haven't touched the campaign yet

i'd feel better about the multiplayer if the other weapons were viable because using an assault rifle all the time is boring.

Are you sure there isnt some super loving broken SMG like there tends to be in every single call of duty game. Are you sure.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mung Dynasty posted:

i mean lets take away the controller vs m+kb argument for a sec and just talk player count and community longevity for respective platform

Probably PS4 or PC I can see having the biggest community for it right now with PS4 in a slight lead. I don't base this on any actual numbers because after loving with the Xbox one thread people I never want to see another actual chart ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Mung Dynasty posted:

honestly i'd should buy this on console if you have the choice because I imagine it would feel a lot less like assault rifles are the only choice if you had to aim with a thumbstick

• Locked thread