Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Widestancer posted:

Looks like I can save my cash. Thanks, Dex.

bear in mind my opinions are based off multiplayer and i haven't touched the campaign yet

i'd feel better about the multiplayer if the other weapons were viable because using an assault rifle all the time is boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
should i buy this for pc or console

i mean lets take away the controller vs m+kb argument for a sec and just talk player count and community longevity for respective platform

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

bear in mind my opinions are based off multiplayer and i haven't touched the campaign yet

i'd feel better about the multiplayer if the other weapons were viable because using an assault rifle all the time is boring.

Are you sure there isnt some super loving broken SMG like there tends to be in every single call of duty game. Are you sure.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mung Dynasty posted:

i mean lets take away the controller vs m+kb argument for a sec and just talk player count and community longevity for respective platform

Probably PS4 or PC I can see having the biggest community for it right now with PS4 in a slight lead. I don't base this on any actual numbers because after loving with the Xbox one thread people I never want to see another actual chart ever again.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Mung Dynasty posted:

honestly i'd should buy this on console if you have the choice because I imagine it would feel a lot less like assault rifles are the only choice if you had to aim with a thumbstick

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i think i would've liked this game more had i not played titanfall before, which just feels more fun.

it's like goin' from Shadow of Mordor to Assassin's Creed

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
IS there some mission trying to be shocking and/or provocative like the Airport mission? Or is this poo poo just a stupid story about corporate funded warfare which metal gear did better?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

Or is this poo poo just a stupid story about corporate funded warfare which metal gear did better?

only you, taint

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

taint reaped again

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bobnumerotres posted:

only you, taint

I would enjoy COD better if they made their characters likeable or interesting

or had them run around naked for half the game.

Hideo Kojima please make a FPS...

After playing both Black Ops games they even made their futuristic missions appear really uninteresting.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The Taint Realer, do you honestly think anyone should care about the story or characters in the Call of Duty?

E: Thats real as gently caress my dude keepin the taints real.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Buschmaki posted:

The Taint Realer, do you honestly think anyone should care about the story or characters in the Call of Duty?

E: Thats real as gently caress my dude keepin the taints real.

Well if I'm going to invest 4 hours time in the entirety of the main campaign, it would be nice to have one play that's not always enforcing "HOW SERIOUS THE SITUATION IS DO YOU NOT REALIZE HOW SERIOUS THE SITUATION IS?" because the seriousness of the situation always gets repeated multiple times throughout call of duty. It's like if you're hiring the dude who wrote the script to traffic you shouldn't need lines like that to try and force the player to believe what is happening is serious.

It should just come naturally, like taking a big poo poo. And that's what real men do regularly.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Dexters Secret posted:

taint reaped again

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

Well if I'm going to invest 4 hours time in the entirety of the main campaign, it would be nice to have one play that's not always enforcing "HOW SERIOUS THE SITUATION IS DO YOU NOT REALIZE HOW SERIOUS THE SITUATION IS?" because the seriousness of the situation always gets repeated multiple times throughout call of duty. It's like if you're hiring the dude who wrote the script to traffic you shouldn't need lines like that to try and force the player to believe what is happening is serious.

It should just come naturally, like taking a big poo poo. And that's what real men do regularly.

whenever you take a poo poo it's in post form

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Buschmaki posted:

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

It's scripted to loving hell and holds your hand all the way through. It's been 7 games now that they have done this. poo poo doesn't even branch off.

Their level design doesn't even exceed the parameters of the scripted areas, you maybe just have a texture plane of trees with nothing but an alpha channel keeping you from the eternal 3D void. Like if you could actually explore the areas you would come across a ton of dead space rather quickly.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 4, 2014

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Half life 2 was a good game and its the same way.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Buschmaki posted:

half life 2 has puzzles and actual pacing though. cod is just nonstop shooting cardboard cutouts that pop out of cover

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Buschmaki posted:

Half Life 2 had larger more open areas than any of the recent CODs. The car level for Half Life 2 had more open spots to explore and more freedom given to the player as well. And we're talking about a game that was made before Call of Duty 3.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

they're taint reaping him! and they're gonna taint reap me!

oh my goddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I dont want puzzles and pacing in my shoot games I want to shoot people. Its call of duty not call of kings quest V.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Seriously loving golden eye let you dick around with the tank on that level and you have Call of Duty given you a plane and you can't even control it. You're not even the one flying it, you're the guy who's painting the targets so the computer dude can shoot at it.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Buschmaki posted:

I dont want puzzles and pacing in my shoot games I want to shoot people. Its call of duty not call of kings quest V.

I think Cedric would be a worthwhile addition to any First Person Shooter

Dexters Secret fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 4, 2014

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
They had tanks in World at War and they suck all the fun out of cods type of shooting.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Buschmaki posted:

They had tanks in World at War and they suck all the fun out of cods type of shooting.

World at War didn't do vehicles right. They should have ripped a page from battlefield or Tribes.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
But like, those are like, two separate types of shooters. Uh do you play like videogames?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Buschmaki posted:

But like, those are like, two separate types of shooters. Uh do you play like videogames?

Call of Duty has been really lazy in level design for many installments now. So yeah a more open area wouldn't work like battlefield or tribes because that would involve effort from the devs to put in more time instead of pumping out multiple installments each year.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Buschmaki posted:

by now your taint probably looks like Giygas from Earthbound

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I mean look at the size of a world like Just Cause 2's it's absolutely massive and they're able to have a coherent narrative to whatever story they want to tell. The game is also packed to hell with how much poo poo can explode. Yes it's an open world game, but more FPS should be open world instead of running down corridors for a few hours. It's not that big of a jump to put FPS mechanics in an Open world game since they're action based.

COD has been too obsessed with activision getting advertising dollars and it really shows when every mode the game offers is a stripped down version of what other games offer. That and Pro Major League gaming bullshit which is pathetic beyond all means.

You should not need to nerf poo poo in a first person shooter at all period.

I mean the devs put more effort into the campaign for Blood Dragon at Ubisoft than Activision does with COD.

And Blood Dragon began as a joke.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

The Taint Reaper posted:

I mean look at the size of a world like Just Cause 2's it's absolutely massive and they're able to have a coherent narrative to whatever story they want to tell

Lmao shut up ho.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lmao shut up ho.

I said Just Cause not Grand Theft Auto.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
*a torrent of blood rushes from under my rear end staining my chair and carpet* please... no more...

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
without the reaper of taint expansion I can hardly justfy impzone3

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
"Hold X to pay respects" the most ultimate COD QTE ever.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

rocket_man38 posted:

"Hold X to pay respects" the most ultimate COD QTE ever.

was this real

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

Mung Dynasty posted:

was this real

Yup, beginning of second mission/ end of first.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

sup imp zone. i saw a two-minute commercial for COD:AW yesterday during football and told myself that there is no way that you can do any of the things in the game that they showed in it. is this a correct assumption?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Y-Hat posted:

sup imp zone. i saw a two-minute commercial for COD:AW yesterday during football and told myself that there is no way that you can do any of the things in the game that they showed in it. is this a correct assumption?

Some of it yeah, idk I haven't played singleplayer so maybe all of it including the goat woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Y-Hat posted:

i have seen the same commercial over and over at work and i think the exact same thing as you every time.

• Locked thread