Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Y-Hat posted:

sup imp zone. i saw a two-minute commercial for COD:AW yesterday during football and told myself that there is no way that you can do any of the things in the game that they showed in it. is this a correct assumption?

Some of it yeah, idk I haven't played singleplayer so maybe all of it including the goat woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Y-Hat posted:

sup imp zone. i saw a two-minute commercial for COD:AW yesterday during football and told myself that there is no way that you can do any of the things in the game that they showed in it. is this a correct assumption?

i have seen the same commercial over and over at work and i think the exact same thing as you every time.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

zen death robot posted:

You can, if you wanted to

Most of the matches are 4 dudes staying in their own corner looking out through a small section of a window hoping one of the other players wanders into their sight.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

eh, well. I've been trying to like it. But at the end of the day... I guess I just prefer fpses where i don't have to be so cautious all the drat time. especially with how scorestreaks work, the game just pushes you to advance as slowly and carefully as possible, which flies in the face of the whole 'oh we have cool jetpacks and runfast powers now'

So if you have fun with it, great, but it's not for me.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
i guess i'm sort of impressed that they finally started to do something different, but until there's a more fundamental change in the other mechanics (as well as the overall attitude of the community) you're always gonna have this-

The Taint Reaper posted:

Most of the matches are 4 dudes staying in their own corner looking out through a small section of a window hoping one of the other players wanders into their sight.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Schnedwob posted:

i have seen the same commercial over and over at work and i think the exact same thing as you every time.
you can't do a lot of the stuff in-game that you see in video game commercials, that's why i asked. the ones where you can have a message at the bottom that says "Actual In-Game Footage"

it's like showing a movie trailer where none of the scenes in it are in the final movie

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

What if: CoD MP without assault rifles or SMGs

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Maybe even remove all scopes, or iron sights at all

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

Hideo Kojima please make a FPS...

oh god itd be like tf2 but instead of the heavy having sandvich itd be just an open hand and you go around grabbing balls

muddream
Oct 13, 2014

Titanfall lets you play jetpack CoD without ADS, it's a good game by gamers for gamers.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is the campaign co-op, and do they have cool co-op missions like MW2 did?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

seiferguy posted:

Is the campaign co-op, and do they have cool co-op missions like MW2 did?

i'll tell you just as soon as I install it off of the 6 g*ddamn discs it came in

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

muddream posted:

Titanfall lets you play jetpack CoD without ADS, it's a good game by gamers for gamers.

Titanfall has ADS...

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I liket hem both though... Such epic.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I liket hem both though... Such epic.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm buying this game

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

I'm buying this game

i best not see you bumpin' the no activision games topic boy

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

lmao if you aint running all stealth and speed perks with nothing but a knife and suprising kids on rooftops i dont even know what youre doing

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i like the Titan fall

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Activision is better than EA

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

I'm buying this game

What system

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
PC

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Good

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I never thought about that

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Rei_ posted:

lmao if you aint running all stealth and speed perks with nothing but a knife and suprising kids on rooftops i dont even know what youre doing

This was the way to play in MW2. Along with the akimbo 1887s that were horrifically bugged. Those were the days.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

seiferguy posted:

This was the way to play in MW2. Along with the akimbo 1887s that were horrifically bugged. Those were the days.

beautiful rust mapster race

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

zen death robot posted:

I could care less if people find ways to get unlocks faster, but poo poo like wallhacks and aimbots will eventually come out and it's a brand new engine. I wanna see how quickly they stamp those out.

there already is an esp/aimbot afaik

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I don't know anyone on Steam who owns this so playing it with friends would be good.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll play with you

muddream
Oct 13, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Titanfall has ADS...

what i'm saying is you don't need to play that way to win

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

muddream posted:

what i'm saying is you don't need to play that way to win

You don't need ads for shotguns or smgs, or even most assault rifles

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Smgs with laser sights actually seem more accurate firing from the hip

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

say what you want about all the NPC enemies and poo poo but they do a good job of keeping players moving and not just camping a spot

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

zen death robot posted:

I know more people on Steam so this is why I'm torn

We can talk about the state of aimbots on steam since I visited some forums about that today since I'm into that sorta thing for giggles on free weekends on throwaway accounts.

Long story short should be okay. It's not as vulnerable as MW2 was.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Dexters Secret posted:

say what you want about all the NPC enemies and poo poo but they do a good job of keeping players moving and not just camping a spot

I was actually really surprised with how open a lot of the areas, especially in the second half of the game, were. Enemies would actually move around and flank you too. Plus there were those mech guys who were kinda like minibosses in some parts.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I'll probably be picking this up if there's an imp group.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

A campaign with
-AWs movement/open level design/enemy types and behavior
-BO2s loadout selection/unlocks/leaderboards
-WAWs co op and co op modifiers
Would be sincerely loving epic

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dexters Secret posted:

They actually made the campaign not be garbage from what I've played. In game up grades yez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Widestancer posted:

We can talk about the state of aimbots on steam since I visited some forums about that today since I'm into that sorta thing for giggles on free weekends on throwaway accounts.

Long story short should be okay. It's not as vulnerable as MW2 was.

I didn't see any hackers in Ghosts at all but there were only about <5k on that at any time so w/e

• Locked thread