Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I used to be heavily involved in the breakcore / noise scene in my city but the shark-jumping moment for me was going to a Realicide gig in 2010 and watching the opening 'band' which was three guys; one of them had a portable turntable and was just dragging the stylus back and forth across a bunch of vinyl while the second dude screamed at the audience and the third dude sat in front of them and shoved McDonald's into his mouth and spewed it back onto the ground then after twenty minutes they got into a fist fight and threw their records at the audience hard enough to actually hurt people / shatter the records when they hit the walls and floor.

Then a dude tried to fight me for knocking over his beer and, even though Realicide put on a great show, when I was walking home after the gig I realised maybe the local DIY noise scene wasn't where I wanted to spend the rest of my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

A human heart posted:

That sounds like a cool show though

Realicide was awesome. He reminded me of Henry Rollins if Rollins wasn't a crotchety old man. Those other guys were irredeemable idiot fuckers though.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Melbourne, Australia :australia:

I got into breakcore from meeting a few people that ran warehouse gigs and shows in art galleries and other small spaces. There was a couple of years around 2010 where internationals like Sick Boy, DJ Donna Summer, Realicide and others from the US and Europe would come and tour down the east coast of Australia as well as there being a pretty robust local scene being propped up by guys like Passenger of poo poo, DJ Rainbow Ejaculation, and Toxic Lipstick as well as more hardcore acts like Bloody Fist / Mark N, Paul Blackout, etc. There were gigs weekly and big warehouse parties monthly but it kind of fell apart as warehouses got closed down and the smaller spaces were gentrified and there's just not enough of an audience to run shows in licensed venues so as the number of gigs diminished (and a lot of the local artists started either evolving out of experimental stuff into more accessible sounds or just stopped producing / performing) I fell out of touch with the scene.

• Locked thread