Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
There were only like five good post-punk bands too.

My go-to noise album is still Wolf Eyes' Burned Mind.

Older Third Eye Foundation was also great for "rhythmic noise". Semtex and Ghost are still Matt Elliott's best albums, though his whole quiet-one-man-guitar albums are fine too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90rIyiuQ5B0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Remember when people listened to Hovercraft

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Noise and ambient should be consolidated into one genre since only 10 people listen to either of them independently

Also they're the same.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Power Ambient posted:

I don't care about Toupee/Permanent Records (except Rectal Hygienics), but Machismo and Hate Basement are my dudes/my favs, Shattered Hymen was my roommate, anything Jim Haras/Deterge is involved in is the meanest, Magia Nuda, Jason Soliday who used to run Enemy is like the hermit lord of Chicago noise, James Moy/Anal Hearse, some younger kids like Bringer of Everything are real violent

RIP Treasure Town

I love how posts like this read like Onion music articles

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The noise scene around here are all a bunch of nice guys who just like to get hosed up and make a ruckus. Double Muslim, It Is a Code, basically everything Charlie Finch is involved with, and the guys from JC that have been banging on for almost 20 years now (!!!) and still own. Airport or Telephone used to do poo poo hot live shows with just one guitar and four pedals. And when he was in Sound of the Lost they were great noise when they weren't aping Austin stoner psych.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I want someone to film themselves listening to the entire Merzbox, uninterrupted, without sleep or food. Probably also on acid or something. Why hasn't someone done this yet? poo poo, I'd do it. Maybe I will!

• Locked thread