Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gghani
Nov 3, 2014

cock hero flux posted:

hello javier

are these the only playable characters? i am asking because while the current line up of black man, esurance girl, other girl, and big man is interesting and diverse, i feel that the facial expression on the big man is not as bland as i would like and frankly clashes a bit with the wooden plank of emotion shown by the other characters. my first choice for my character would be the big man because i think i would find the juxtaposition of his large, brawny frame against the lovely-rear end flimsy retard cart thing he would be piloting amusing, but i don't want to take a character who goes so far against the established grain by having a facial expression and what may be approaching a personality considering that his whole attitude seems to suggest that he is aware of exactly the kind of horseshit shovelware garbage he is cursed to be a part of.

so if there are other playable characters, such as another big man who looks less angry and more like he was hit in the head with a shovel daily as a child until he completely lost control of his facial muscles, i would like to see them

I must admit this made me laugh so hard. :)

Yes, there will be more drivers. In fact the game is intended to be ever growing, with new updates. But I'm afraid that your suggestions will be a little hard to be made. Anyway we'll consider them, I promise!

gghani fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Nov 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Mr. Javier, I have but one simple request. Please make one of the racers a gorilla if you can :)

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

koolkal posted:

turn the big man into a big angry black man

think barret or big bo

or james heller

Oh, I hated when they did that with Kingpin character on Daredevil Movie. They also did that with Nick Fury and even Spider-Man. I love lots of black characters, but I don't see the point of changing the race of existing ones.

Thanks for your comment!

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

DrPaper posted:

Mr. Javier, I have but one simple request. Please make one of the racers a gorilla if you can :)

We don't want to be sued by Nintendo!!

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

Poniard posted:

I don't like dota, or cars.

sorry :(

Hi Poniar.

I'm afraid you won't like our game then.

Thanks for your comment, anyway!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
You should call it 'Formula Won'

then you can keep the FW logo and its a nice play on words

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

gghani posted:

Oh, I hated when they did that with Kingpin character on Daredevil Movie. They also did that with Nick Fury and even Spider-Man. I love lots of black characters, but I don't see the point of changing the race of existing ones.

Thanks for your comment!

When an actor fits the character, any skin colour disparity shouldn't be an issue as a filmmaker.

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

Network Pesci posted:

Is this a boss we get to team up against with 4-player action or do these guys transform into cars or what.

Hello Network Pesci,

In Formula Wincars there will not be "random hability items" spread through the circuit. Instead, each driver will have his/her Special Skill. The one shown above is the Golem, and it's Montana Dom's Special Skill.

Also, there are three different Golems displayed in the picture. That's because every time you use your Special Skill within a race, it upgrades becoming more powerful (sometimes it lasts more, or affects more players....it depends on the Special Skill). There are three different levels, and the three golems belong to each level.

The interesting thing is that once the race finishes your Special Skill goes back to its initial point. This provides and strategic twist and lost of tactics to be crafted.

Why a truck driver turns into some king of Samurai-Golem?

Well, we can't unveil too much, but that has to do with the entire story behind the Formula Wincars Tournament. We've written background stories for each and every driver, and our intention is to let the players know more about them as they progress through the game....

Hope this had been interesting and thanks for your comment!

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

gghani posted:

Thanks for your comment!

If you think David Hasselhoff Nick Fury is fit even to be in the same room as Samuel L. Jackson Nick Fury this does not bode well for your game

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

THE BAR posted:

When an actor fits the character, any skin colour disparity shouldn't be an issue as a filmmaker.

Yes, you're right. And in fact, The Kingpin character was terrificly well played on that movie, even though they changed its race. But undestand me, when you are a long-term reader of a comic-book, you wait for a movie of one of your personal favorites and then you find out they did that, it's so annoying!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

gghani posted:

Yes, you're right. And in fact, The Kingpin character was terrificly well played on that movie, even though they changed its race. But undestand me, when you are a long-term reader of a comic-book, you wait for a movie of one of your personal favorites and then you find out they did that, it's so annoying!

Well, it was either him or John Goodman, I can't see it any other way!

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

Kelp Plankton posted:

Please add a playable anthropomorphic clock and a frog that turns into a chicken, and maybe a race against a dinosaur.

You were pretty close with the dinosaur, we got them in the game. I also take note of the other suggestions, I specially like the frog-chicken thing.....

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

THE BAR posted:

Well, it was either him or John Goodman, I can't see it any other way!

This was my bet:

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Poor guy, he would've knocked it out the park, as he always did.

Will you be planning on porting the game?

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

THE BAR posted:

Poor guy, he would've knocked it out the park, as he always did.

Yeah, his passing was so sad, I really loved his acting.

THE BAR posted:

Will you be planning on porting the game?

The game will be released on PC, Mac and Linux at first.

If the game goes on well, we'll see later on if a port is possible to another platform, but we are going to focus on these three mainly.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

gghani posted:

We don't want to be sued by Nintendo!!

No I mean like a cool circus gorilla, like a real one, not a weird cartoon nintendo character.

Like a clown gorilla from the circus.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

gghani posted:

Your fantastic opinions give me great hope for the success of your game.

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

InShaneee posted:

Your fantastic opinions give me great hope for the success of your game.

Yeah, we started talking and missed the main point here: the game.

What's your opinion about it?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Can we play as Black Kingpin in the game?

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

gghani posted:

Yeah, we started talking and missed the main point here: the game.

hi, welcome to SA

what's your favorite fruit?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the dude who played kingpin actually had an interesting response to an interview question about that

quote:

UGO: So what is it like playing a character that has been white for forty years?

MCD: That was my biggest concern. When Mark Steven Johnson sat me down, I thought he wanted me to be a thug or something, the usual. I said, "OK, I don't mind being the Daredevil." He said, "No, I want you to be the Kingpin." I said, "Oh, wait a minute. That guy is white. He has always been white, in the comic book he is white, and I know he is white. He's cool, but he is white." He said, "People at FOX have already confirmed that you are the best actor for the job." It's a little pressure, because people have these comic books and they keep them and they want it to be what they see in the comic book. They don't want you changing it all the way around and changing colors, and so I was really worried about that. Mark said, "Just go in there and do the best job that you can," and so once he told me that, I just went in there and tried to do my best.

imo thats a good opinion to have, because the fact that Kingpin is white isnt really a defining element of his character or anything.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

the dude who played kingpin actually had an interesting response to an interview question about that

imo thats a good opinion to have, because the fact that Kingpin is white isnt really a defining element of his character or anything.

and MCD knocked it out of the park. RIP ;(

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

gghani posted:

The game will be released on PC, Mac and Linux at first.

Why aren't you releasing this game on the OUYA?

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

SHARTING BEAR posted:

Why aren't you releasing this game on the OUYA?

We usually say that we wouldn't release the game on mobile devices nor tablets because of the controllers accuracy needed to control the game. We don't think that we could provide a satisfying gaming experience being controlled with touch screens.

OUYA is a different thing, because even though it's android, OUYA comes with a controller, so yes. It would be an option to be considered if the game reaches some success in their PC, Mac and Linux versions.

Thanks for the comment!

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

crabrock posted:

hi, welcome to SA

what's your favorite fruit?

I like turtles!

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

gghani posted:

I like turtles!

epic freakin win

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

DrPaper posted:

No I mean like a cool circus gorilla, like a real one, not a weird cartoon nintendo character.

Like a clown gorilla from the circus.

Mmmmm, I like how that sounds!

We've got two more drivers already in line waiting to be modeled. But we'll sure consider something like your idea when it comes the time to do the next one.

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
Hi again!

This is a "small" sample of all cars which will be available in our game, but there will be many more than these!

Which one is your favorite so far?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

I honestly can't see a gorilla drive any of these, they're too shiny not to distract it from the race!

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.
Where is the red Italian racer? I thought you weren't allowed to make a Nintendo Kart without a red Italian. I guess you could have a green one, but everyone hates green Italians.

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

THE BAR posted:

I honestly can't see a gorilla drive any of these, they're too shiny not to distract it from the race!

We could fix that making him wear sunglasses

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

greatBigJerk posted:

Where is the red Italian racer? I thought you weren't allowed to make a Nintendo Kart without a red Italian. I guess you could have a green one, but everyone hates green Italians.

Not everyone, younger brothers have sweet memories:

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
Hi again!

A close-up images of some of the models:

In fact, since nobody pointed out his/her favorites, these are mine!

Cobra Atlus

Carelle Monsta

And Paddle Slieben. I chose this one yesterday while testing the game at the studio, and I was nicely surprised how cool it looked once integrated into the gameplay:

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
Hey there!

We've received very good feedback on our cars' models, BUT some people have asked us why we were always showing only the front side of the cars.

The truth is that we hadn't notice that! For that reason, we want to show the back side from the cars, and prove that we're also taking care of details there!

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
Wow, I posted them way too big. It seems that resizing them via BBcode isn't working properly :iiam:

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
Hello again!

Today we're very happy because we introduced our latest stage, and so far, everybody likes it so much!

It is called Isla Aventura

"A tropical island environment where you will be able to compete through its 4 different circuits. Driving around a volcanic eruption?, overtaking your enemies in the middle of a pirate shipwreck? Yes, all this and more! Besides, you racers won't be the alone in the island, as you soon will discover...."

Some screenshots!

Hanging Cliffs circuit:

Jurassic Volcano circuit:

Skull Mountain circuit:

Isla Aventura Special circuit:

As always, we'd appreciate a lot if you could give us your opinion on these first screenshots, and suggest your own ideas too, honestly, some of your opinions have helped us to notice some mistakes we were doing.

Ah!, and don't forget that you can still sign up at our site for future closed-beta acess (https://www.formulawincars.com) and play the game before anyone else. We've also polished the website look, in case you want to have a look and check it. We also make a blog post on a weekly basis, explaining all the problems we encounter while developing the game, and the solutions we make up for overtaking them.

Sir Pukesalot
Nov 3, 2012

gghani posted:

Ah!, and don't forget that you can still sign up at our site for future closed-beta acess (https://www.formulawincars.com) and play the game before anyone else. We've also polished the website look, in case you want to have a look and check it. We also make a blog post on a weekly basis, explaining all the problems we encounter while developing the game, and the solutions we make up for overtaking them.

Ok, i'd like to particpate in the closed beta, my username is Sir_PukesAlot. By the way, your new website design looks good.

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

Sir Pukesalot posted:

Ok, i'd like to particpate in the closed beta, my username is Sir_PukesAlot. By the way, your new website design looks good.

Funny thing is that you could actually play with that ID in our game. If you feel like it, go sign up at our site and it's done!

gghani
Nov 3, 2014

gghani posted:

Funny thing is that you could actually play with that ID in our game. If you feel like it, go sign up at our site and it's done!

Wow, I just checked that you did already, welcome and thanks a lot for helping us with the beta!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gghani
Nov 3, 2014
WE MADE IT TO THE FINAL TOP 100 LIST!! :)

In fact, YOU made it happen. Your votes helped us reach the Top 100 at Indie DB and now we're in the final.

It was over 55.000 votes and more than 22,000 games submitted, besides, we're the only racing game nominated to the Awards.

The new votation is now open!

Same rules than the first one: no need to sign up or anything just click the link below, then go to Upcoming game>Racing and there we are! Formula Wincars and its Vote button.

The link: http://www.indiedb.com/events/2014-indie-of-the-year-awards/top100

Thanks from the bottom of our hearts for all the support, you're the best!

• Locked thread