Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mine is COACH because he is a comforting presence in a time of great distress. When you hear that baritone voice shouting "RELOADIN'" you know that you're about to get some serious heh blackup; similarly, when he sees health items he doesn't muck about. "PILLS HERE!". That's it; what you see is what you get with Coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rochelle, because I enjoyed treme

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
Francis was a cool guy, who's only fear was Islands.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Louis because he was pretty upbeat about like a whole dumb poo poo situation.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Zoe.

Game over man. Game. Over.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I liked Bill. He was cool and angry like Francis but in an old man way. :rip:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

rochelle seemed like the realest person.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Louis was really excited to find supplies. I like him a lot.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Bill

:rip:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Widestancer posted:

When you hear that baritone voice shouting "RELOADIN'" you know that you're about to get some serious heh blackup; similarly, when he sees health items he doesn't muck about.

my bro likes to play as coach

my fave character is nick

bill is a close 2nd

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES
i liked to play as nick and use a keybind to make him constantly scream out "tits!!! goddamnit!! this is all going to hell!! bullshit!", but they patched this out so you can't do it anymore

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

I was trying to think of a character to name who's not one of the playable ones or a zombie to be funny and ironic but I can't actually think of one except for the unseen paranoid guy at the church

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

gay skull posted:

I was trying to think of a character to name who's not one of the playable ones or a zombie to be funny and ironic but I can't actually think of one except for the unseen paranoid guy at the church

The guy who wants some good old fashioned cola

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!

gay skull posted:

Jimmy Gibbs Junior

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
I like all of the characters in left 4 dead that arent rochelle(shes so loving whiny) or nick(hes so loving whiny) or francis(hes so loving whiny)

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
never played l4d but i love the youtube poops
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfexEAExzhk

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Bill was the best player character, which is probably why they killed him off. Louis was good too

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I didn't play much L4D but I liked Louis. He seemed like a pretty reasonable guy.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

The Infected Survivor. Dude just wanted to be the hero of his own zombie story :unsmith:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

gay skull posted:

midnight riders, son.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The one that says "pills" a lot.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I played this a lot with my friend but we never ended up getting 4 people together since we used his X Box.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
bill is the best and went down against like four tanks or something

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

this one time, i did this perfect hunter jump. like, blind, over a wall, across the map, landed smack on top of the man i was aiming for and he was somewhere he thought was safe and his friends weren't near him. and everyone on my team was like OHHHHHHH DAAAAAAAAAAAWG.

that hunter is my favorite character.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
smoker is cool because it's fun to find spots where you can drag survivors off a cliff and insta-kill them.

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
Ellis if only for when you could still bind any of his vocalizations and could make him insanely mutter "i love you" for the entire map before valve decided fun was verboten

other than that bill

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Keith sounds like a cool guy

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

Ellis if only for when you could still bind any of his vocalizations and could make him insanely mutter "i love you" for the entire map before valve decided fun was verboten

other than that bill

Ellis could make virgil spaz out over the boat speakers.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Widestancer posted:

The guy who wants some good old fashioned cola

Whitaker. A man of simple tastes and high explosives. Truly an inspiration to us all.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

AndyAML posted:

i liked to play as nick and use a keybind to make him constantly scream out "tits!!! goddamnit!! this is all going to hell!! bullshit!", but they patched this out so you can't do it anymore

i think they added a loving cooldown for command spam as well bc some versus tryhards would :qq: when people would randomly spam a character's laugh command all the time or something like that

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
any word on l4d3

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Devour or Fire posted:

any word on l4d3

Didn't some of the staff go make evolve or something?

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

I played a match on christmas one year and spammed "Holy poo poo it's Christmas" the entire game

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I, um..... *turns head and blushes* I've never played L4D... so I can't answer your question, OP.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Devour or Fire posted:

any word on l4d3

No official announcement yet, just a couple of teasers here and there (latest was in the source 2 alpha for Dota 2)

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

the special zombies because they are all friends who take care of each other like in that comic I can't find

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
oh I forgot about valve's third game curse... :negative:

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Lamebot posted:

Ellis could make virgil spaz out over the boat speakers.

Seshoho Cian posted:

I played a match on christmas one year and spammed "Holy poo poo it's Christmas" the entire game

i think this is all the evidence we need, that vocalization-abusing ellis is best character. Or, was. :sigh:

at least hldj still works, or did a few months ago when i last played. Think i'll play a couple maps tonight. anyone wanna join in?

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008

Devour or Fire posted:

oh I forgot about valve's third game curse... :negative:

in the games l4d thread there was a leaked dev screenshot where he had a folder named "left4dead3" or something, but yeah honestly i don't think we're gonna get another iteration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

i think this is all the evidence we need, that vocalization-abusing ellis is best character. Or, was. :sigh:

at least hldj still works, or did a few months ago when i last played. Think i'll play a couple maps tonight. anyone wanna join in?

I'm always ready for Left 4 Dead matches

• Locked thread