Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008
Lords of the Realm might be a good one to start with.

I assume most of the people who would be interested in such a thing have already read Glory of Their Times, but maybe make it an option anyway?

Beyond that - I guess three suggestions to throw in:

Veeck as in Wreck, if people want to read a fun autobiography by a seminal baseball figure.

Up, Up and Away, if people want to read about the Expos and line Jonah Keri's pockets.

Baseball in the Garden of Eden, because John Thorn is cool and good and the book reveals a hell of a lot about early baseball that most people had no clue about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

tadashi posted:

Lords of the Realm is 640 pages? Did other people know this before voting?
It's very readable given its length. John Helyar is a journalist by trade and writes like one.

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008
My assumption is that Comiskey gets lumped in there because it was the first MLB park built expressly for baseball by HOK Sports/Populous, who begin the retro park boom.

It was also the first baseball-only park built since Kauffman.

• Locked thread