Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Playing league with aki is epic because he plays Imagine Dragons - Warriors before every match to pump himself up and you can hear him when he talks on the mumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

Playing league with aki is epic because he plays Imagine Dragons - Warriors before every match to pump himself up and you can hear him when he talks on the mumble.

lmfao

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

zen death robot posted:

I'm gonna come clean and admit that I managed to run DOTA2 for like 5 minutes while the tutorial played before I decided it was just not a good path to take in life. I don't really know if it's a bad game, but it attracts a lot of hosed up people so I just avoid it.

It nearly killed one of the best posters I know, Dr Carwash.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

zen death robot posted:

I've never tried heroin either, but I don't think I need to

Dota 2 made Dr Carwash unable to talk about anything but his brothers winrate for like a month.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This game is hella tight op. If you buy a Blizzcon virtual ticket you get a cool space horse to ride on.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

Dota 2 made Dr Carwash unable to talk about anything but his brothers winrate for like a month.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
play dota or die trying

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
The horrible secret of dota 2 and league is that theyre chill when you dont know whats going on and you're just playing and doing whatever, you're having fun and not really caring whether you win or lose cuz the game is so complex you feel like you can't really influence it anyway. but then you become good at the game and you start hating yourself and everyone else who plays it and it ruins your life. If you can play it for like 50 games and then cut out you will probably have a good time, but is it worth the risk?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The true moba is any thread about mobas. It is also more fun than actually playing them.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Ragg posted:

The horrible secret of dota 2 and league is that theyre chill when you dont know whats going on and you're just playing and doing whatever, you're having fun and not really caring whether you win or lose cuz the game is so complex you feel like you can't really influence it anyway. but then you become good at the game and you start hating yourself and everyone else who plays it and it ruins your life. If you can play it for like 50 games and then cut out you will probably have a good time, but is it worth the risk?

Holy poo poo this is really true

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Pewdiepie posted:

Hey guess what. I was level 20 then blizzard deleted all my levels, all my heros, all my progression, and all my gold. This game loving blows. gently caress off blizzard.

theyre not doing resets any more

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Ragg posted:

Lmao

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
MMOs don't let your MOBAS grow up to be DOTAS

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Yea its like meth, if you just smoke it recreationally once in a while it's an awesome high, just ask Hocus, but if you go over board well.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ragg posted:

Yea its like meth, if you just smoke it recreationally once in a while it's an awesome high, just ask Hocus, but if you go over board well.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
i just played a hots

i was chen and it was a fun videogame

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i've actually kicked the dota curse and now i only glance at it w bitter memories

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i've actually kicked the dota curse and now i only glance at it w bitter memories

You have made great strides, the feeling of bitterment shall go away in time. It may take months, it may take years, but you shall be free one day.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

zen death robot posted:

Go read the DOTA thread if you want to hate MOBAs all over again

Please ban everyone in that thread or gas it please. Thank you.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

LOL is DOTA for babies
Heroes of the Storm is DOTA for tiny fetuses who cannot open their eyes yet

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

So what you're saying is, you can still abort it and not be charged with murder?

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

LOL is DOTA for babies

The most popular game in the world is not for babies. There aren't even that many babies in the world.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
hots is good because its casual as gently caress

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

There are a lot of McDonalds restaurants. I bet that means McDonalds burgers are the best tasting food in the world, and also good for you

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I hope your favorite song of 2013 was Thrift Shop by Macklemore, as that was the most popular song, and therefore objectively the best

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

There are a lot of McDonalds restaurants. I bet that means McDonalds burgers are the best tasting food in the world, and also good for you

They are.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Your probably one of those fags who think Super Size Me isn't bull poo poo liberal propaganda.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

I hope your favorite song of 2013 was Thrift Shop by Macklemore, as that was the most popular song, and therefore objectively the best

I can't think of a better song.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Best song of 2012: Gangnam Style
Best song of 2013: Thrift Shop
Best song of 2014: ??? I'm not up on my popular music.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Do you also think Transformers movies are good

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Haven't seen any, but they must be good if you don't like em.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Blizzard is so mad about lol and dota that they completely ruined battle.net in sc2 because of it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Custom maps were better than the actual games blizzard makes and they had the chance to make them actual blizzard games and didn't

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

blizzard is not good at making interesting characters and the only thing that could possibly get my attention from a moba is interesting characters so i dont think i'll be playing

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Dota 2 is pretty cool.

Meepo rules

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

thuly posted:

hots is good because its casual as gently caress
This. It doesn't have all the pro mlg last hit carry bs. It's a pretty chill moba. They don't even show mmr or win records in game. Just chilling out with my buds Diablo, Arthas and Nova.

Anyone who wants to add me Suzera#1834. I'm already over level 20 so I already have a shot at that draw too.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kylra posted:

It's a pretty chill moba.

Nope this is lie, this doesn't exist.

Turn back from these sirens. They will sing thee to your doom.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

I like it and am glad they removed artifacts after all the bitching.

me and IbramGaunt are just waiting for one of our friends to get in to go back and play it, but we spent many hours on it before the wipe.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Nope this is lie, this doesn't exist.

Turn back from these sirens. They will sing thee to your doom.
Too late, I am busy sniping people with nova, and soon I will have a long, flowing holographic ponytail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kylra posted:

Too late, I am busy sniping people with nova, and soon I will have a holographic ponytail.

I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to the ones who still can be saved.

Seriously like you can't save someone who's already using krokodil

• Locked thread