Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

thuly posted:

hots is good because its casual as gently caress
This. It doesn't have all the pro mlg last hit carry bs. It's a pretty chill moba. They don't even show mmr or win records in game. Just chilling out with my buds Diablo, Arthas and Nova.

Anyone who wants to add me Suzera#1834. I'm already over level 20 so I already have a shot at that draw too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kylra posted:

It's a pretty chill moba.

Nope this is lie, this doesn't exist.

Turn back from these sirens. They will sing thee to your doom.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

I like it and am glad they removed artifacts after all the bitching.

me and IbramGaunt are just waiting for one of our friends to get in to go back and play it, but we spent many hours on it before the wipe.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

Nope this is lie, this doesn't exist.

Turn back from these sirens. They will sing thee to your doom.
Too late, I am busy sniping people with nova, and soon I will have a long, flowing holographic ponytail.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kylra posted:

Too late, I am busy sniping people with nova, and soon I will have a holographic ponytail.

I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to the ones who still can be saved.

Seriously like you can't save someone who's already using krokodil

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Oh, yeah. It's already claimed many lives if you look at the blizforum thread. I am, in part, doing missionary work.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kylra posted:

Oh, yeah. It's already claimed many lives if you look at the blizforum thread. I am, in part, doing missionary work.

Most of those people play MMos already, they don't count as newly claimed lives.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
its really annoying to try and genuinely talk about a game and have a bunch of people come in who havent played it at all make dumb snarky posts about it

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

bonzibuddy64 posted:

its really annoying to try and genuinely talk about a game and have a bunch of people come in who havent played it at all make dumb snarky posts about it
Blizzard loving over the players again by not allowing people to play their game

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Oh hrm a MOBA heh *raises eyebrows in a devlish and sarcastic manner*

I don't really like MOBAs and although I really like the concept of games like Dota 2 I am bad at them and can't find casual enjoyment in them unless playing bots. This game I actively play against and with people and have tonnes of fun. I like that there's no items, instead specialized talents for each hero, and I like that you start with all of your abilities and get a choice between an ult.

If you think MOBAs are stupid you might like this, or you might not, that's fine, but don't gamehate please :)

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
i play dota 2 almost every day with my friends, i love dota 2, but i still find room to play heroes of the storm with the few of my friends who are in the alpha, because its fun and not at all serious and pretty different from the other MOBAs out there. my only complaints with it are some balance issues which they'll probably fix since it's still in early alpha.

i dont really mind the cash shop because earning in-game currency is pretty quick through the daily quests, there's a lot of skins and stuff you can get with in-game currency, and most of the cash shop skins look really fuckin terrible. its annoying having characters locked if you dont own them but i dont really mind. every week ill play the new heroes in the rotation for that week and if i like someone a lot i'll buy them with the in-game gold. so far Uther is still my fave but zagara was pretty cool too, and illidan was an absolute beast and could tear people apart.

nova and zeratul seem loving overpowered right now though

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

My favorite hero of all time is Sonya, but I also really like Tassadar

Favorite map is the spooky mines and pirate ship

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I wish I could play it.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Ragg posted:

I can't think of a better song.

I could. Can't Hold Us by Macklemore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
i got an invite