Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I wish I was in the alpha for this game but blizz hates me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Meanwhile, in the gaming corner where a bunch of jacked up fucktards AREN'T playing mobas...

Everyone there is miserable cuz they ain't playing the most popular and epic genre ever to grace God's green earth.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I can't imagine not hanging round the water cooler at work shooting the poo poo about my moba matches and the latest marvel franchise picture.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Your one of gaming's biggest flip-floppers I've ever seen. Good lord.

I don't think that's true, League of Legends and Awesomenauts are epic, and i've felt that way for a long time, at least about lol.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Every other week your saying "Mobas are AIDS" or "Mobas are Awesome"... Maybe I'm thinking of someone else, or maybe it was MMOs...

Well it's like, sometimes I get pissed off at mobas, it's like, when you're wife starts nagging you about some bull poo poo and you just want to slap the poo poo out of here, god I hate women. Anyway, what were we talking about?

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I like league of legends and mobas but I think im tired of them. Or atl east I dont want to play them all the time any more. Regarding MMOs, I think MMOs suck now but I dont think I've flip flopped on that really.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I'm such a flip flopper I can't remember what my opinion on MMOs and MOBAs were last week, or whether im a flip flopper even.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

Just recently you were saying how much Warlords of Draenor will be epic weren't you.

I was kinda hyped for it but then I lost the hype after reading everyone complain how every spec turned to poo poo. And all the lovely decisions that came out since blizzcon. I been playing swtor lately cuz they have a new thing that gives you 12x xp from story quests so you can just do the class story and the game is a million times better that way, but, I still kinda get tired of it.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

zen death robot posted:

Go read the DOTA thread if you want to hate MOBAs all over again

Some of the people who post about mobas are really horrible, like every 3rd post prower makes is about loving a league of legends char for 5 years now.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
And on badgame.net his name starts with rag so i have a brief moment of panic wondering when i made such an awful post whenever i see someone quioting him.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

I remember buying that game, playing it an upwards of 20 hours and never getting a character past level 8 because I kept remaking them.

I dunno what it is about MMOs, in a single player game I dont wanna start over a million times but in a mmo i do. Probably the bullshit pressure of getting to the end game, and the idea that your then gonna play or a million hours andi f you gently caress up your char your boned.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Playing league with aki is epic because he plays Imagine Dragons - Warriors before every match to pump himself up and you can hear him when he talks on the mumble.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

zen death robot posted:

I'm gonna come clean and admit that I managed to run DOTA2 for like 5 minutes while the tutorial played before I decided it was just not a good path to take in life. I don't really know if it's a bad game, but it attracts a lot of hosed up people so I just avoid it.

It nearly killed one of the best posters I know, Dr Carwash.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

zen death robot posted:

I've never tried heroin either, but I don't think I need to

Dota 2 made Dr Carwash unable to talk about anything but his brothers winrate for like a month.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
The horrible secret of dota 2 and league is that theyre chill when you dont know whats going on and you're just playing and doing whatever, you're having fun and not really caring whether you win or lose cuz the game is so complex you feel like you can't really influence it anyway. but then you become good at the game and you start hating yourself and everyone else who plays it and it ruins your life. If you can play it for like 50 games and then cut out you will probably have a good time, but is it worth the risk?

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Yea its like meth, if you just smoke it recreationally once in a while it's an awesome high, just ask Hocus, but if you go over board well.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

LOL is DOTA for babies
Heroes of the Storm is DOTA for tiny fetuses who cannot open their eyes yet

The most popular game in the world is not for babies. There aren't even that many babies in the world.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

There are a lot of McDonalds restaurants. I bet that means McDonalds burgers are the best tasting food in the world, and also good for you

They are.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Your probably one of those fags who think Super Size Me isn't bull poo poo liberal propaganda.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

I hope your favorite song of 2013 was Thrift Shop by Macklemore, as that was the most popular song, and therefore objectively the best

I can't think of a better song.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Best song of 2012: Gangnam Style
Best song of 2013: Thrift Shop
Best song of 2014: ??? I'm not up on my popular music.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Haven't seen any, but they must be good if you don't like em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

bonzibuddy64 posted:

its really annoying to try and genuinely talk about a game and have a bunch of people come in who havent played it at all make dumb snarky posts about it

I wish I could play it.

• Locked thread