Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

volunteered to work GOTV for Grimes yesterday and today, but was never contacted ;_;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Also the amount of political ads on TV today are just :negative: There's a whole lot for Secretary of State, namely from the Republican candidate, and as you would expect they all revolve around :siren:VOTER FRAUD, DEMOCRATS ARE EAGERLY ALLOWING IT:siren:

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I voted early this year, taking a weekend to go back to my home district and visit the family, then voting early Monday morning on the first day of early voting, so no voting for me today technically. My home district is in Kansas, and the whole place was staffed by old white people with most of the voters at that time being the same. I didn't get any trouble, but then again I'm a clean-cut white dude so...

Ended up voting for Davis for governor and Schodorf for secretary of state, as well as Orman for Senate. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to toss the shithead Brownback and his "cutting taxes increases revenue" magical thinking, but Kobach is gonna be tight and I get the feeling Roberts will win handily :smith: I resigned myself early on to Roberts winning still, but Kobach is loving toxic and I want to see him go. At least maybe if Brownback goes, it'll send a message to future Republicans in Kansas and elsewhere to get the gently caress off the tax cut bandwagon?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Whoa it only took my wife like 20 minutes to get in and out of the fire station to vote this morning in SC where we only get one day to vote. I probably spent an hour in line last year for early voting in NC. :what:

edit: Also I haven't seen/heard a single political ad this season. This is what I get for installing adblock edge, listening to public radio and watching Netflix.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

In Orange County Florida we have a ballot question on whether or not candidates for county offices can have their party identification on the ballot. Apparently there are people that believe this will inject :spooky:PARTISANSHIP:spooky: in races and will turn Orange County into Washington, DC. On the bright side there was no line when I voted the other day and I wasn't hassled. Down with the creature that calls itself Rick Scott.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Just voted in Oklahoma. Business was pretty brisk and smooth at my polling station, but I'm sure my district will re-elect Inhofe 70-30 and Mary Fallin 60-40. :(

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Happy election day, y'all. Remember to vote, choose scotch, get a designated driver right now ahead of time, and always remember: in single-candidate races, the answer is "lizard people."

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

PupsOfWar posted:

volunteered to work GOTV for Grimes yesterday and today, but was never contacted ;_;

Go to the polling center, find the precinct chair, tell them you want to help GOTV. They should have a lot they are trying to mobilize, you can make calls, get directed to a walk, or possibly told where to drive to the polls

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Kro-Bar posted:

Just voted in Oklahoma. Business was pretty brisk and smooth at my polling station, but I'm sure my district will re-elect Inhofe 70-30 and Mary Fallin 60-40. :(

Inhofe's not on the ballot. Tom Coburn is retiring and will likely be replaced by James Lankford.

edit: Oh, the Coburn retirement is a special election and Inhofe is on the ballot. My mistake.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Joementum posted:

Inhofe's not on the ballot. Tom Coburn is retiring and will likely be replaced by James Lankford.

edit: Oh, the Coburn retirement is a special election and Inhofe is on the ballot. :embarrassed:

Inhofe is also running against Democrat Matt Silverstein.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Joementum posted:

edit: Oh, the Coburn retirement is a special election and Inhofe is on the ballot. :embarrassed:

Is he even more to the right of Coburn

e: Alabama decides on the day of the election you can't use public housing IDs as a voter ID

http://thinkprogress.org/lbupdate/3...#lbu-1415065401

Amused to Death fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Nov 4, 2014

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

This was my first time voting in Florida, and there are a hell of a lot of local races I couldn't find any information about. If everyone in southwest Florida dies of Dengue fever next year because the wrong guy got elected to the mosquito board, I guess it will be my fault, though admittedly it won't be a huge loss to the nation.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Any Virginia voters know anything about the tax exempt status for war widows thing? Someone was talking about it in another thread about how it's a scam (pretty much everything our GOP does here is) but I'd like to know more about it.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Amused to Death posted:

e: Alabama decides on the day of the election you can't use public housing IDs as a voter ID

And that's not one of the 18 states where DoJ sent election monitors. :negative:

For those curious, here's the list of those states: Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, North Carolina, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I just wanna say that I love that DC is considered Northeast but Maryland is considered South. Sure, lump us in with all that nasty business

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
More bad news for Oklahoma Democrats, their candidate for US Representative in the 2nd CD has died in a car crash.

Earl Emmitt Everett was an 81 year old school teacher and Korean War veteran.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Joementum posted:

WHERE DO I VOTE?

Type in your address at http://www.vote411.org and it will show you your local polling place(s).

Typing "where do I vote" into Google does this too.

In and out in 15 minutes, volunteers didn't understand that my correct address is the sticker on the back of my license.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Florida Betty posted:

This was my first time voting in Florida, and there are a hell of a lot of local races I couldn't find any information about. If everyone in southwest Florida dies of Dengue fever next year because the wrong guy got elected to the mosquito board, I guess it will be my fault, though admittedly it won't be a huge loss to the nation.

I'm probably a bad person for doing this but I never vote for stuff like that. My voice in the race for Orange County Soil and Water Commission was unheard.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Joementum posted:

More bad news for Oklahoma Democrats, their candidate for US Representative in the 2nd CD has died in a car crash.

Earl Emmitt Everett was an 81 year old school teacher and Korean War veteran.

I may be voting straight line Conservative today but that's pretty sad :(

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Dr. Tough posted:

I'm probably a bad person for doing this but I never vote for stuff like that. My voice in the race for Orange County Soil and Water Commission was unheard.

Another reason to support mail-in ballots: They give you time to google around about that kind of thing.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
There is going to be a snowstorm in Northern Maine tonight, which may drive down voting. That's LePage country.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I was person #122 at my polling station this morning according to the scanner I slid my ballot into. I didn't realize until today that the Dems didn't field a candidate for FL-13. Shameful.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Mr.48 posted:

Is there any information yet about how much impact the mayday-pac ads have had on the races where they got involved?

I thought they had only invested in races that were pretty much decided anyway and didn't have much cash to spend on them anyway.

So I guess the answer is 'negligible'

skaboomizzy posted:

I was person #122 at my polling station this morning according to the scanner I slid my ballot into. I didn't realize until today that the Dems didn't field a candidate for FL-13. Shameful.

This is the hundreds of judge elections in Texas every cycle. Just a bunch of Republicans and Libertarians.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Amused to Death posted:

Is he even more to the right of Coburn

What do you think?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Mr.48 posted:

Is there any information yet about how much impact the mayday-pac ads have had on the races where they got involved?

Probably none. The only campaign they're funding that's actually competitive now that the primaries are over is Rick Weiland in South Dakota. But the poll trends going into today don't look good for him.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Dr. Tough posted:

I abstained from the school board vote since I'm still pretty new in my city. A lot of "races" with the exact number of candidates to fill those seats this year.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Kro-Bar posted:

What do you think?

Sleeping on the job already, I see.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
We moved a few months ago and I was the only one in the house who registered to vote in this town. Which is fine by me, knowing my parents they probably both would've voted straight ticket Republican, because Democrats are communists/want to make Christianity illegal.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

made of bees posted:

We moved a few months ago and I was the only one in the house who registered to vote in this town. Which is fine by me, knowing my parents they probably both would've voted straight ticket Republican, because Democrats are communists/want to make Christianity illegal.

Bless these Democrats in your parents' fever dream.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Holiday Inn update: SOS, send M&Ms.

Cat Face Joe posted:

I abstained from the school board vote since I'm still pretty new in my city. A lot of "races" with the exact number of candidates to fill those seats this year.

Don't do this. In case of reaching sub-300 difference in votes to get funding for a recount for a more important election, your ballot will get tossed.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Nov 4, 2014

TipsyMc
Sep 5, 2004

I visited BYOB and all I got was this lousy avatar

Joementum posted:

Wisconsin Gubernatorial: Incumbent Governor Scott Walker (Republican) vs. Madison Board of Education Member Mark Burke (Democratic)

Lol, I know she's a handsome woman, but c'mon dude!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Sir Tonk posted:

I thought they had only invested in races that were pretty much decided anyway and didn't have much cash to spend on them anyway.

So I guess the answer is 'negligible'

This is the hundreds of judge elections in Texas every cycle. Just a bunch of Republicans and Libertarians.

This district is most of St Petersburg and a slice of Tampa: very much a swing district. To not even have a candidate here is gross incompetence.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Do I have to vote for all of the options? I'm planning on going this afternoon, but I know all of the other races are decided already. All I really care about is the local referendums.

I mean, loving Appalachian Trail himself is running unopposed.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Joementum posted:

Probably none. The only campaign they're funding that's actually competitive now that the primaries are over is Rick Weiland in South Dakota. But the poll trends going into today don't look good for him.

How about Greg Orman in Kansas?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

TipsyMc posted:

Lol, I know she's a handsome woman, but c'mon dude!

Fixed it. Thanks!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SquadronROE posted:

Do I have to vote for all of the options? I'm planning on going this afternoon, but I know all of the other races are decided already. All I really care about is the local referendums.

No. You may choose to vote on only some items, if you prefer.

I did learn once that you have to put at least one mark somewhere on the ballot or the Diebold machine won't take it.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SquadronROE posted:

You don't have to; if you want to be 100% sure your vote will get counted, the first time and second time without the effort needed to affirm your intent for a third time, just fill in all choices.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SquadronROE posted:

Just vote in the races you want. Or vote the person with the best name in the races you don't care about. I always vote the person with the best name for weird elected positions that should probably be appointed. Except the judges which I leave blank.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Voted for legal weed, civic duty complete :catdrugs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
+1 dem. I'm also holding out hope Lizard People sweeps the KY judicial system. :getin:

Also reminded a friend to vote so possible +1 dem! But maybe not :negative:

• Locked thread