Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I got my mom to vote for Malloy and Scott Brown is probably gonna lose after me bad mouthing him, somebody hire me. Man good thing I don't drink though. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Four more years of Paul LePage, god drat it Maine. At least Sam Brownback winning made sense from the perspective of a blood red state.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Also since the majority flipped look forward to the TPP, NAFTA 2: Electric Boogoloo being rammed through Congress on a pure up and down vote. Obama's ~legacy~.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

JosefStalinator posted:

Yeah, the TPP and NAFTA are popular among many in both parties.

That said, if Obama utters a word of support, the GOP will find a new wedge issue.

Reid basically stalled voting on it. One good thing about Harry.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

Really the Democrats' failure to recognize that Obama's half-assed vague language towards economic populism in 2008 and 2012 delivered him landslide victories and could suggest it might be a winning issue was pretty dumb imo.

Well the truth is actually somewhere in the middle. Lemme tell you about something we like to call the Third Way...

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Ben Casselman, 538's Economics Writer posted:

So voters want a higher minimum wage, legal pot, abortion access and GOP representation. Ok then.

https://twitter.com/bencasselman/status/529848264204767232

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

What's fun is the top thing at Reddit right now is OREGON MAKES WEED LEGAL! My generation...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Ted Lieu replaced Waxman, and basing this solely on Twitter he seemed the better candidate. Gonna miss Waxman pulling a Clean Air Act from nowhere every 10 years though.

• Locked thread