Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
my mom asked for "more games for the computer like that american pickers game" for christmas so what are some unironically good hidden object and other old mom playable games for steam

help me bring christmas gaming cheer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed
my dick in a box

LOL EPIX

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
tetris. my mum loved tetris.
candy crunch sorbet as well. mums love moving blocks. bejewnled, montezumbas revenge, those types.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my mom's favorite game is soul calibur 2, op

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Demon's Souls

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Primorida if you're looking for a point and click adventure game that only really lasts 4-5 hours.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Mung Dynasty posted:

my mom asked for "more games for the computer like that american pickers game" for christmas so what are some unironically good hidden object and other old mom playable games for steam

help me bring christmas gaming cheer

You might want to ask in the Games recommendation thread, because everyone is a comedian around here. Anyway Detective Grimoire is a good and approachable adventure game.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Gibo: Stepmother's Sin

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

StoryTime posted:

You might want to ask in the Games recommendation thread, because everyone is a comedian around here. Anyway Detective Grimoire is a good and approachable adventure game.

i try to avoid games as a general rule and know i can count on true imps for either good advice or good jokes

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
My mom likes angry birds because she thinks the sounds the pigs make are very funny.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

ur mom sounds p kewl

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Mung Dynasty posted:

ur mom sounds p kewl

Thank you shes very cool

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Just don't get your mom taint reaped.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
get her Myst from GoG

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
That last Sherlock Holmes game seemed pretty alright and well produced

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

zeal posted:

get her Myst from GoG

I wanted to do this but I dont think any of the modern releases of myst work on good Windows 7 machines.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

SarutosZero posted:

I wanted to do this but I dont think any of the modern releases of myst work on good Windows 7 machines.

The entire point of GoG is to make old games function on modern computers, so it should work. Myst isn't a good game though, I'd grab that new Sherlock game over Myst.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

StoryTime posted:

The entire point of GoG is to make old games function on modern computers, so it should work. Myst isn't a good game though, I'd grab that new Sherlock game over Myst.

I read lots of reports of it being completely busted on 64bit windows 7 systems so I never ended up buying it. I will check out the new sherlock game though, do you know the name of it?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Daganronpa 1 and 2

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

my mom really likes super mario bros 3 op you should introduce her

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

SarutosZero posted:

I read lots of reports of it being completely busted on 64bit windows 7 systems so I never ended up buying it. I will check out the new sherlock game though, do you know the name of it?

Crimes & Punishments

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

StoryTime posted:

Crimes & Punishments

Thanks I will definitely check this one out.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Gimbal lock posted:

That last Sherlock Holmes game seemed pretty alright and well produced

i considered this because my mom loves old sherlock stories and stuff but i was afraid it might be too video gamey but i dunno poo poo about it really

also it has to run on her laptop

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

The Taint Reaper posted:

Daganronpa 1 and 2

You should also get Corpse Party for her once she gets the PSP for Dangan Ronpa.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
My dad keeps playing these browser-based kingdoms games that he found in a banner ad on the pirate bay. And he told me that some one was raiding the bases around him and they sent him a warning message "You better watch out.." and also he told me hes not hip to chatting online with strangers.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

bonzibuddy64 posted:

My dad keeps playing these browser-based kingdoms games that he found in a banner ad on the pirate bay. And he told me that some one was raiding the bases around him and they sent him a warning message "You better watch out.." and also he told me hes not hip to chatting online with strangers.

That reminds me of a party I was at with my buddy's family. One of his uncles spent the entire party talking about a browser game like that and how some other dude was a cheater for spending X amount of money to buy all the best stuff. He kept asking people to help him look up cheat codes for it on the internet so he could beat this guy.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

My sister got hospitalized a couple of days ago, and I sent my PSP loaded with movies and audio books and things to her so she'd have some entertainment. Said PSP is also loaded with Persona 3 Portable in the UMD drive. I'm considering various ways to sell her the idea of trying out this glorious RPG from Nippon. How would you guys make Persona 3 seem interesting to a non-gaming person?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My mom plays online semi-mapgame, Grepolis OP.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I played one called 'The Room' that was a pretty cool 'open a complicated puzzlebox type thing'. Also maybe something like puzzle agent or prof Layton.

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

Plants vs zombies

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

Daganronpa 1 and 2

The game is spelled Dangan Ronpa.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
dr mario

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Anyway, I would say be careful about recommending her any of the freemium games like Candy Crush because I've known people who got extremely addicted and dropped tons of money on it.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
Sam and Max

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silver Striker posted:

The game is spelled Dangan Ronpa.

it's spelled both ways actually.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

The new Sherlock game is allright.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Machinarium maybe? The the only adventure game I've played recently that I enjoyed.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Plants vs Zombies has gone over well with every older non gamer I've introduced it to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Plants vs Zombies is a cute and fun game.

• Locked thread