Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Yeah, these games suck rear end. If you like these games you have brain damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you couldve just bumped the thread that's on the third page

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

you couldve just bumped the thread that's on the third page

Yeah, and I could edit my posts too. But I wont because I'm not retarded.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Sir AIDS posted:

I can respect that.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I didn't much care for them either. Nor did I care for the second one. I don't recall ever playing the first.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Sir AIDS posted:

Thank you.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I didn't much care for them either. Nor did I care for the second one. I don't recall ever playing the first.

The second one is awesome. Like, Jizz in My Pants awesome.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Far Cry 3 is good, but it has no replayability, and there's a ton of unskippable cutscenes, and the writing is bad, and the story missions are bad, and the boss battles are even worse.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

No, wait, Far Cry 3 might be bad.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

No, wait, Far Cry 3 might be bad.

I thought the unstructured exploration was okay, but everything else was pretty bad.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

op sucks rear end

stop game hating.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Silver Striker posted:

I thought the unstructured exploration was okay, but everything else was pretty bad.
I liked Far Cry 3 enough to play through it twice but the lovely boss battles and story really grated.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Although I think Vaas is seriously overrated.

"Lol im crazy monkey cheese! Do you understand insanity?!"

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Oxyclean posted:

op sucks rear end

stop game hating.

OP is actually pretty good

They identified my brain damage too

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

Yes, Vaas is very wacky monkey cheese random, it's why he is always talking about Legendary Frog videos and ninja pirates and is like "Did I ever tell you the definition of glomping?"

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

never played em and don't really see a reason to

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!

Sir AIDS posted:

Yeah, these games suck rear end. If you like these games you have brain damage

They don't exactly suck, but they're no where near good.They're just incredibly average games, Ubisoft is good at making these.

Sir AIDS posted:

The second one is awesome. Like, Jizz in My Pants awesome.

I liked it too ,but people hated it because the game actually made you feel disadvantaged.

Iron Casanova fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 5, 2014

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the second one was horribly boring. fc3 has a humiliating story and terrible boss fights but at least there are a ton of opportunities for goofing around, and exploring is nice.

fc2 you get into one firefight and youve pretty much seen everything the game has to offer

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Oh good, "monkey cheese" joins the ranks of other greats like "pretentious" and "hipster" as things which now solely mean "I didn't like it" and absolutely nothing else on the Internet.

That definition of insanity speech is hella dumb though. Doing something over and over and expecting a different result is called practice. Literally every person who has survived to the age of ten has done it in some context. You don't make any loving sense, Vaas.

Also I would enjoy Far Cry 3 significantly more if it was smaller. Like pretty much all Ubisoft open world games, it only has enough content to fill an area a tenth the size of the map.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
i had a lot of fun driving around and clearing outposts without alerting anyone

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Tunahead posted:

Oh good, "monkey cheese" joins the ranks of other greats like "pretentious" and "hipster" as things which now solely mean "I didn't like it" and absolutely nothing else on the Internet.

That definition of insanity speech is hella dumb though. Doing something over and over and expecting a different result is called practice. Literally every person who has survived to the age of ten has done it in some context. You don't make any loving sense, Vaas.

Also I would enjoy Far Cry 3 significantly more if it was smaller. Like pretty much all Ubisoft open world games, it only has enough content to fill an area a tenth the size of the map.

:^)

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Tunahead posted:

lol

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Tunahead posted:

That's why blood Dragon ruled. The rare ubisoft game that doesn't wear out its welcome.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
I was actually, wondering where that brain damage, was from

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

That's why blood Dragon ruled. The rare ubisoft game that doesn't wear out its welcome.

Actually, Blood Dragon does that during the tutorial.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Tunahead posted:

Lmao

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Never played these games and never will

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

You don't make any loving sense, video game deranged murderer.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Are you seriously stepping to Sir AIDS?

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

i never would have guessed a far cry game would be bad

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The PC version of GTA V is going to have a Far Cry 3 Mode. 'tis gpoing to be epic.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Me, enjoying Far Cry: "Wow, this game is good, and I like it. It has good stealth."
Sir AIDS, dressed as a Trigen: "I represent the part of this game that is bad, actually."
Me: "My preconceptions. N-no!"

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

it's a FAR CRY from a good game hehe

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Scyther posted:

it's a FAR CRY from a good game hehe

Hell - maybe you ain't so bad after all.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Blood Dragon seemed pretty interesting. I received free with a video card or something like that but it's not a steam code and I'll be damned if I'll install Uplay for it.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i quite liked the mission with the burning drugs field and the music that plays over it. i also liked it when i crashed my car by accident and set the jungle ablaze

i like fire

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
i like the part where the crazy priest lady took out her boobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I liked the part where I wasn't doing missions and just driving around killing bitches

• Locked thread