Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I got sick of Farcry 3's overuse of the "get spotted and instantly fail and have to start over" variety of forced stealth missions. Blood Dragon didn't give a gently caress how you approached things and it's got :krad: 80s neon to boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Gobblecoque posted:

i like the part where the crazy priest lady took out her boobs

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

blood dragon has a really good soundtrack

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tunahead posted:

Oh good, "monkey cheese" joins the ranks of other greats like "pretentious" and "hipster" as things which now solely mean "I didn't like it" and absolutely nothing else on the Internet.

That definition of insanity speech is hella dumb though. Doing something over and over and expecting a different result is called practice. Literally every person who has survived to the age of ten has done it in some context. You don't make any loving sense, Vaas.

Also I would enjoy Far Cry 3 significantly more if it was smaller. Like pretty much all Ubisoft open world games, it only has enough content to fill an area a tenth the size of the map.
lol

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
this is on my to play list.

luckily i have masses of brain damage, so i should enjoy it

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

bhlaab posted:

blood dragon has a really good soundtrack

At failing. At the circus where it works as a clown.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

By far the worst thing about Far Cry 3 was trying to find the pixel that let you loot valuables on corpses instead of every other pixel that made you throw your fully upgraded day ruiner into the tall grass and pick up whatever lovely Jatimatic the recently deceased was carrying.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tunahead posted:

By far the worst thing about Far Cry 3 was trying to find the pixel that let you loot valuables on corpses instead of every other pixel that made you throw your fully upgraded day ruiner into the tall grass and pick up whatever lovely Jatimatic the recently deceased was carrying.
Really? I thought adding a pixel hunting element to the game was a great way to help introduce moms who love hidden object games to first person shooters. It also explains why they brought in the Nancy Drew writing team.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

"im roypin ur buddy also history toime" -a questgiver in farcry3

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Far Cry 3 is epic, the OP is butt hurt.

SombereroLad
May 18, 2006

WAHAHAHAHAHA
Fun Shoe

Scyther posted:

it's a FAR CRY from a good game hehe

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Great Joe posted:

"im roypin ur buddy also history toime" -a questgiver in farcry3
Still less dumb than anything involving the Rakyat.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i liked the part where a gay australian hosed me metaphorically in the rear end with lovely fetch quests while the main character shouted out linkin park lyrics at him and then the gay australian tried to rape me but i banished him to the shadow dimension where i fought and slew him with a powerful series of button prompts

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i liked the part where a gay australian hosed me metaphorically in the rear end with lovely fetch quests while the main character shouted out linkin park lyrics at him and then the gay australian tried to rape me but i banished him to the shadow dimension where i fought and slew him with a powerful series of button prompts
werent you also on a disco floor for no reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

because if you were, that fight would be a cool idea for some electric six lyrics

• Locked thread