Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

randombattle posted:

I AM THE PERFECT HUMAN ONLY THROUGH PERFECTION CAN WE TRIUMPH.

that is wonderful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

randombattle posted:

goty

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Looking at this game's crafting is giving me flashbacks to my Wurm days.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Applied for beta on their site. No way I'm buying my way into this one, though.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

It's ok because they also make hosed up helmets.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

randombattle posted:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
well thank god that in this futuristic society they finally make helmets for my mashed potato head

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!
This is a great OP, Widestancer.

also holy moly at the crafting

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I have updated OP with the funny faces.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

jaken97 posted:

Okay wtf is up with this crafting. For a needlessly complex system their chemistry is wrong. Only one I decided to nitpick apart Ethanol http://aena.at/craftmap/item694.html they have you reacting ethylene and carbonic acid which does not give you ethanol. You can make ethanol from ethylene via acid-catalization but that with phosphoric acid or sulfuric acid. I need to stay away from this game or little poo poo like this will piss me off. If your going to go this complex at least get the chemistry right.

Woah are you telling me I can't actually make HMX explosives just from the stuff I get boiling various types of wood and fish? What a jip.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

This game is pretty cool from what I've played so far. It's basically like Star Wars Galaxies 2. I can do sweet rolls while killing dudes with dual pistols.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

How populated is the game right now?

Omar_Comin
Aug 20, 2004
Dark Jedi Carebear
Apologies if this information has already been posted but wikipedia was not able to answer my question:

What is the age of consent in space?

Agent Provocatard
Dec 4, 2002
Unrelated to the matter being considered.
Is there a giant tentacled monster that 100s of people can fight over for 72+ hours? If there is sign me the gently caress up.

Edit: Okay I mean to kill the monster no funny anime stuff.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Omar_Comin posted:

Apologies if this information has already been posted but wikipedia was not able to answer my question:

What is the age of consent in space?

well, its not in america

so

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Crafting in real life looks easier.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Agent Provocatard posted:

Is there a giant tentacled monster that 100s of people can fight over for 72+ hours? If there is sign me the gently caress up.

Edit: Okay I mean to kill the monster no funny anime stuff.

lol

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

We need to talk about something important.

Mumble
Ventrillo
Team Speak
Game Vox
RaidCall

Game Vox allows for sponsors while Dolby Axon is made by the great company Dolby who know sound, but I got a feeling mumble might be best despite all the security holes in it and that it doesn't work well on linux.

What are sponsors in this context

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
tried it out tonight

basically reminds me of star wars galaxies, both the good and bad

its pretty janky but I think it could be a lot of fun too

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
E: bad posting is bad

TasmanianX fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 11, 2014

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
I am currently looking around the game right now. The game does feel very much like SWG in many ways, though there are places where they do go and do their own thing (such as abilities). I accidentally hit escape and went without most of the tutorial so I'm self taught but combat seems familiar enough. Enhancing the grade of the resources from corpses was something I was also quick to learn, though I don't know any actual real crafting yet.

On the downside... I know that it is alpha and 1am Pacific, but there are only 14 players online right now. Not Goons, players. The graphics also look like they belong to a game made 5-10 years ago, but that is something that I can forgive. The controls are a bit clunky too - they brought along some of the bad from SWG along with the good.

On the whole it could be a lot of fun, it just needs bodies and more work.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

god loving damnnit it looks like we can build that castle everyone always wanted

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
That face looks like Bruce Campbell had a transporter accident with Popeye.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

repopulation dev posted:

We are happy to announce immediate access to testing is now available at the $50 package level. If you were already at the $50 or $75 level you should of received a key. Even more good news, the $25 package will get you access starting November 21st with Round 3 of pledging finishing up on November 20th. A lot more information and details about testing with some quick bullet points are in the article. Prices and packages will be adjusted after November 20th.

Well I guess if anyone skeptical on Drinkfist's rolling rock game decisions you can wait and drop $25 for a key

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Hahaha holy poo poo

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

BERGfu posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

BERGfu posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo

:20bux::20bux::20bux:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
I want to think this game is dumb but how can I honestly be against a game with Lasersharks that lets you become the Jane Goodall of the vultures? Maybe I'll drop for this when its not :20bux::20bux::10bux:.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Pavlov posted:

I want to think this game is dumb but how can I honestly be against a game with Lasersharks that lets you become the Jane Goodall of the vultures? Maybe I'll drop for this when its not :20bux::20bux::10bux:.

repopulation dev posted:

We are happy to announce immediate access to testing is now available at the $50 package level. If you were already at the $50 or $75 level you should of received a key. Even more good news, the $25 package will get you access starting November 21st with Round 3 of pledging finishing up on November 20th. A lot more information and details about testing with some quick bullet points are in the article. Prices and packages will be adjusted after November 20th.

I literally posted this right above the shark. It's going to be $25 bucks and you're supposed to get a key on the 21st.

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

So I guess it's sounding kind of cool but goddamn does crafting look autistic as hell. You literally have to dedicate your life to making step up components (my life for Hexavalent Chromium)

Oh god that inventory bag is triggering me

Xexre fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 6, 2014

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

BERGfu posted:

I literally posted this right above the shark. It's going to be $25 bucks and you're supposed to get a key on the 21st.
Yes, that is what I meant. Wait did someone mention subscription fees earlier? What's that going to be.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Pavlov posted:

Yes, that is what I meant. Wait did someone mention subscription fees earlier? What's that going to be.

"horrifying news" posted:

No. It will be a Free To Play title with income being generated from an in-game cash shop and optional one-time membership fees.

https://www.therepopulation.com/index.php/game-features/faq-section

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Oh well then I'll just wait more and pay 0.

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

So I clicked on the link for fishing because I am very srs about fishing and it gave me a list of chemicals?

Am I fishing for molecules or what?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Lowly posted:

So I clicked on the link for fishing because I am very srs about fishing and it gave me a list of chemicals?

Am I fishing for molecules or what?

Of course! What have you never boiled Cod to extract anti-freeze before? How else are you supposed to make Fluoroaluminate Optical Fibers?

Edit: This really is Macgyver the MMO isn't it.

Pavlov fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 6, 2014

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug
Distilled water and bark makes speeders

Freedonkeys
Jan 7, 2010
This game looks awful, and I look forward to playing it.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Once people get to playing more if there are any neat guides or anything funny that you want added to or linked to in the OP please let me know.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Widestancer posted:

Once people get to playing more if there are any neat guides or anything funny that you want added to or linked to in the OP please let me know.

The shark should go in the OP. honestly because it's in the game and the dev's said this is how they want to show the community what were doing with the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

BERGfu posted:

The shark should go in the OP. honestly because it's in the game and the dev's said this is how they want to show the community what were doing with the money.

IT IS DONE

I have also updated and added information about the upcoming 25 dollar price point and then f2p portions.

• Locked thread