Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
First of all, your subforum has an amazing amount of post icons.

In one of my college courses, the term "minimum wage increase" was uttered and we derailed for a half hour. Some arguments seemed far better than others, some sounded like they were backed sufficiently, but all in all I can't really put my two cents on the issue because I don't know much about it. I can ask my professor about it, who is incredibly for wage increase, or I can watch cable news and want to claw my eyes out, or read internet articles and hope I get lucky that the site isn't too biased. (Actually I've come to realize a lot of news websites are pretty garbage and don't like them as much) Or I can look up peer reviewed scholarly articles on my state university's website and wade through a lot of verbose explanations.

I'd like to have a sufficient amount of knowledge if I have to discuss these things or hear about them on the news, moreso if I'm the one voting for them. But it seems like it's a lot to take in when everyone is offering to give you their totally expert opinion. How do I remain well informed without having to write my own thesis on hot button issues such as these?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread