Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

"Internet Secret Santa Prank goes horribly wrong, 2 dead".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

All Santa information has been sent out! If you didn't get your Santee and you filled out the Google Form, then send me a PM

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Got my Santee.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Can you tally up the total amount of arms ripped off?
EDIT: This should link to pictures of my bookshelf!
http://imgur.com/a/pSkOC
Notable things that are not pictured but I do own. Denny O'Neil's Question run, the rest of 20th/21st Century Boys, all of Pluto, and maybe a few other things here and there. If you see a gap of a couple of books in a long running series, I'm probably just letting someone borrow them
I'm gonna put this in my first post of the thread too.

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 28, 2014

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Senor Candle posted:

Can you tally up the total amount of arms ripped off?

If you count the vague answers (such as "I haven't been keeping track") as 0, it averages out to about 55,556.83 arms ripped off per person. If you take the one outlier out, it comes out to about 1.35 arms ripped off per person. The total amount of arms as recounted by BSS Secret Santa participants is 1,000,023 arms. Busy year, guys.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
It's okay when all the arms used to belong to Teen Titans.

Elijya
May 11, 2005

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
Dropping by to say hi. Just as a small suggestion, include a note with your gifts. It only takes a few seconds, and it goes a long way. Opening a box of goodies with no explanation, even if it's awesome, can be a little anti-climactic.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Dear Santee #2:

I just sent your package yesterday, so expect to have it arrive this week! Merry Christmas!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Gift sent, so if I've done everything correctly (:ohdear:) it should be with you within two weeks.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Most of the stuff is put together. Gift will be sent either today but most likely Wednesday.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I feel like I've been slacking! I know most of what I'm getting, just gotta go pick it up.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Dear Santee:

I'm so sorry.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Dear Santee,

Got the two books I wanted to get you. Just have to find some assorted crap to fill your box with. Should be sending it out on Sunday.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Dear Santee #1:

I just sent your package today and I hope you like what you get. I left a special suprise at the bottom of the package!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I got a package addressed to my username, which is either from my Santa or a particularly astute internet stalker. Either way I look forward to opening it in a few weeks :greatgift:

Santee: I'm putting together what is hopefully not a godawful box and should have it out by the end of the week.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dear Santees,

I've ordered most things I want to get, and I'm going to pick a couple things up locally to fill out the gift. One item has a delivery range of Dec 9-24, so hopefully it's on the early end of that and I can get things out next week, but if not, I'll be sure to update Dr. Hurt to let you know you might not get things till after the new year.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

I thought I requested 2 santees but only got info for one. That means someone's getting a lot of stuff...(i didn't say a lot of great stuff though).

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Yea, I'm sending out my gift tomorrow. I might find some nice little knick-knacks before then to put in the gift. Also my santee will either love me or hate me after getting the gift.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Madkal posted:

Yea, I'm sending out my gift tomorrow. I might find some nice little knick-knacks before then to put in the gift. Also my santee will either love me or hate me after getting the gift.

You're giving out Onslaught, aren't you?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Alhazred posted:

You're giving out Onslaught, aren't you?

That would be too obvious. I've thrown some extra special stuff in there.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

There's a full Blackest Night (maybe Flashpoint too) and Fear Itself floppy set going around from last year that I sent out. Not quite as bad as Onslaught but still painful.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The item that might not be here until Dec 24 is the first to ship, so I'm guessing I'll be able to get stuff out next week unless they were dicks and sent it Media Mail.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Santee your gift has been sent. You should get whenever the good people working at the post office deliver it to you.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Santee, I already know what I'm doing for your gift. Part of it just needs me to check a place or two for one thing, and then get something unrelated to the checking.

I'll check back in once I've gotten it all together and sent out.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Sorry secret Santee my package is going out today. I was super busy this week it I think you are one state away from me so should get there sometime this week. I really hope you like it!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
All presents have been acquired, just have to wrap them and ship them. Will go out early this week, sorry if it's late!

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Dear Santa,

Thank you so much for your gifts! Sadly my roommate is crazy and has driven me from my apartment. But thank you the goon who sent me hardcovers of Waid's Daredevil, Watchmen, and Onslaught Saga.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I think it may be time for a separate thread for people to show off their swag that they got from Santa. That or maybe Waterhaul might need to change the thread title. Also if you can, take pictures of what you got to show it off!

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
9 pounds of something heading someone's way as of this morning!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dear one Santee,

I ordered a used, out of print book that I really think you'll like from an Amazon seller and it their brilliant idea for packaging was to put it in a plastic bag without any protection and drop it in Media Mail, so it got to me a bit banged up. I complained, and they're sending me another copy for free, but this also means your present might be delayed just a bit longer than I had hoped. It will be worth it, though! I do hope you haven't read it, but based on your message, I don't think you have. In any case, I'll be sending you the better of the two copies and keep the other for myself because it's something I loved when I initially read it, but I haven't since it was on the stands.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
So I get home the other day and see a package waiting from me from Amazon. I hadn't ordered anything from Amazon in a while so this might be a bit strange. I open it up and what do I see.

I definitely didn't order Southern Bastards so this might be from my Santa and if it is thanks Santa. Been meaning to read this for a while.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My secret santee should be getting their present today. I hope they like it :ohdear:

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Madkal posted:

So I get home the other day and see a package waiting from me from Amazon. I hadn't ordered anything from Amazon in a while so this might be a bit strange. I open it up and what do I see.

I definitely didn't order Southern Bastards so this might be from my Santa and if it is thanks Santa. Been meaning to read this for a while.

Santa here! There's another thing coming, but I have no idea on when it will arrive.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
My Santee's gift is out for delivery! A whole day before they said it would.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Guys a gift came! I won't be here for Christmas and trucking this down to Florida by plane isn't happening, so I'm opening now!

Seems innocuous enough...

Awesome! Expanding my manga knowledge is an awesome idea!

...I don't like the sound of that.

I appreciate the wrapping job, especially since I don't think I'll be doing it for my Santees.

Oh neat! I've seen some edits in the comic strip thread using his work, so I'm looking forward to this.

Looks cool flipping through... Still not seeing anything too bad in here...

Eh. It sucks, but I've already read it and it's no Onslaught. Note this is missing what looks like two parts thanks to Senor Candle's generous donation. But what's on the other side?

Hey what's worse than a stupid event comic? The modern What If? comic based on it! There's four issues here which I hope to god is the whole thing since that's already four more issues than this deserves. But what's in this last package?

:catstare: :negative: :barf: :froggonk: :shepicide:

Welp. But seriously, thanks for this, Senor Candle! I'm looking forward to reading the manga stuff and also I will read the other junk maybe.

EDITOR'S NOTE: Order depicted was for dramatic purposes only.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I'm glad you like it!
EDIT: Also I think it's just the UXM issues of BotA that are missing. Not that it's a big deal because nothing loving happens throughout that whole thing anyways.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I had no idea there was a chromium AoU 3d cover. You frame that baby!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

That's a pretty awesome start. Uzumaki is also the best place to start with Ito, since it's definitely a litmus test on whether you're going to enjoy his other stuff. I hope you do, because Ito is a lot of fun to read and probably out of any horror writer out there does the best job at capturing what a nightmare feels like. Sure some things never get explained and nothing really adds up, but you just have this feeling that something really awful happened. Also Monster is probably one of the best mangas out there so I hope you dig it.

MeaningOfLife
Nov 30, 2001

:staredog: <(I can tell you that it is NOT '42'.)
Hello Santees, I just got back from a week vacation in SF so I am working hard packing things up. In the mean time, there's a local Christmas sales here and I think I'll pick up some more stuff for y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hey Dr Hurt. I know you just Pm'd me but your mailbox is full and I can't reply!

• Locked thread