Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

This December don't be this Batman

Instead be this Batman!

That's right Halloween has come and gone, which means it's time for BSS's Annual Secret Santa (BSSSS)!!
The chance to send random strangers on the internet cool gifts and get neat swag in return! What's not to like??

Well what is Secret Santa anyway?

If you've never done a Secret Santa before the idea is relatively simple. You sign up and will be randomly assigned a designated Santee. It's your job, using the information given, to send some sort of neat gift to your Santa! At the same time, some lucky Goon will be getting your information and will be sending you a gift as well!
WOW!

Since this is the Comic Book subforum, does that mean I have to send lame old comics?

Who do I look like? Santa Hitler? Of course not! You can send whatever you like as a gift to your Santee!
Be it booze, candy, clothing, utility belts, ancient cursed amulets, spellbooks, power rings, page upon page of printed out posts of Dark_Tzitzimine's posts, Onslaught, anything is kosher! Well as long as it's kosher! Make sure your Santee doesn't have any dietary restrictions or the like that would keep them from appreciating your gift!

Do I have to have 10,000 posts in BSS to be able to participate in BSSSS?

If you don't regularly post in BSS, you should at least be a heavy lurker. This is supposed to be a fun holiday celebration for this subforum and the people who inhabit it. It's definitely more fun to get gifts for folks that you interact with on a regular basis, especially since you may know regular poster's tastes better. I believe in the past there has been a 100 post minimum in regards to participation, but as of right now it's open to anyone who frequently reads in BSS!

Sounds Amazing! Sensational! Spectacular! Where do I sign up!?

This year instead of through email, you'll be signing up for BSSSS through a Google Form. This is just a quick survey where you input all of your information so you can be added to the database of Potential Santas. Don't worry. None of this information will be shared with anyone aside from your Santee!

You do not have to fill out all the questions, but the more you answer the more your Santa will learn about your personality and preferences!!

You can fill out the BSSSS form here!

Oh God, I signed up but now I have to drop out because of [personal, financial, religious, apocalyptic] reasons. How do I do that?

That's simple. Just make sure you send a PM to me before Tuesday. November 25th. I am going to try to send out emails with the Santa information either that Wednesday or on American Thanksgiving. Apologies for the quick turnaround, but this thread is getting a bit of a late start.

Any other questions can be asked here in this thread. A separate Secret Santa thread for unboxing and general Holiday chatting will be posted once all Santas have their information. If anyone has anything to add, feel free to do so. I made this relatively from scratch, so if anyone has any additional information that's relevant please go ahead and post it. Once again here is the link to sign up. I hope everyone has fun finding gifts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

The limit is your imagination. Don't go too crazy, but at the same time there's not really a ceiling. If you have archives you can find the old thread and see the average gifts given. I know a lot of people use this as a way of shuffling around a couple of awful trades (Onslaught Reborn).

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

You don't have to answer all the questions! Only a few are required to actually submit the form, the rest are just to help the Santas narrow down what you like.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

So far the number has been very high. How many of y'all are secretly Dan Didio??

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Only a week left to sign up for BSS SECRET SANTA!!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY THAT I ACCEPT SIGNUPS FOR SECRET SANTA.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Santees will be sent out tomorrow. Sorry guys it was a busy Thanksgiving today. Apologies for the wait.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I'm about halfway through sending out Santa information, if you have yet to get an email you should before the end of the day.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

All Santa information has been sent out! If you didn't get your Santee and you filled out the Google Form, then send me a PM

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Senor Candle posted:

Can you tally up the total amount of arms ripped off?

If you count the vague answers (such as "I haven't been keeping track") as 0, it averages out to about 55,556.83 arms ripped off per person. If you take the one outlier out, it comes out to about 1.35 arms ripped off per person. The total amount of arms as recounted by BSS Secret Santa participants is 1,000,023 arms. Busy year, guys.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I think it may be time for a separate thread for people to show off their swag that they got from Santa. That or maybe Waterhaul might need to change the thread title. Also if you can, take pictures of what you got to show it off!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

That's a pretty awesome start. Uzumaki is also the best place to start with Ito, since it's definitely a litmus test on whether you're going to enjoy his other stuff. I hope you do, because Ito is a lot of fun to read and probably out of any horror writer out there does the best job at capturing what a nightmare feels like. Sure some things never get explained and nothing really adds up, but you just have this feeling that something really awful happened. Also Monster is probably one of the best mangas out there so I hope you dig it.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Flaggy posted:

Hey Dr Hurt. I know you just Pm'd me but your mailbox is full and I can't reply!

Hey I just cleared some messages! So you should be able to send to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

MeaningOfLife posted:

I am shipping these out today!

I'm the one that got the weird stick figure!! And boy what an amazing haul! Apologies for the beyond awful phone pictures.

Two collections of a webcomic called Gastrophobia that I've heard of but never really read, the first volume of Usagi Yojimbo, and The Other Side, which is a Vertigo series about Vietnam that I'd never heard of!

Four texas beers! The only brewery up there that I've heard of is Shiner, but I've never actually had their winter beer. Also something called the Flying Castle and other tales and a sketchbook of Shane Davis. And finally

Bachelor Pad magazine. Something definitely not a stocking stuffer for the kids.

Thank you so much Meaning of Life! You really didn't have to get me things, but this is an excellent assortment that I look forward to reading and probably drinking with the family tonight!

• Locked thread