Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

they [the 5-0] are still using windows XP :xd:

Moo Cowabunga fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
gunsareforpussies.jpg

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I like to shoot possums, rats and rabbits [cute bunnies].

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

does this include widdiful

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

one time I went rabbit shooting with a guy who was shooting with an AK-47 :rolleyes:

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

:nz: lol

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

there are so many God drat quails on the front paddock it ain't even funny.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!
lmao why do u need a gun, are you some kind of loving farmer, or some poo poo.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Farecoal posted:

gunsareforpussies.jpg

lol

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

a quail seems like a bird id like to pick up can u domesticate one

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
did u have to pass a crazy test OP

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

no test just pay your money, laugh at the police computer system running windows xp and then gently caress off into the night with your renewed firearms licence.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

quails are hella skittish

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
can anyone get a gun

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
like is it like it is here where u just go to walmart or whatever and buy ur gun and its nbd or how does that work for u

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
lets sya a 32 year old computer programmer who lives in a 2 bedroom 'flat' somewhere somewhat urban. what hoops do u have to jump thru

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

PuTTY riot posted:

lets sya a 32 year old computer programmer who lives in a 2 bedroom 'flat' somewhere somewhat urban. what hoops do u have to jump thru

they try and their posting licence gets revoked

pram
Jun 10, 2001
u have to get it approved by the queen

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

PuTTY riot posted:

what pram said

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

you have to take a firearms safety course, well I did 10 years ago when I got my licence. They renew it every ten years but they just do a background check on you holy shi

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

plus you have to tell them the reason for getting a licence. I said that i was on a farm and I wanted to kill animals. They (the police) were down with that and tapped it into their computer which I assume was running Windows NT back then:laugh:

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
you have guns in nz? good thing George bush never found about that

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

you have to take a firearms safety course, well I did 10 years ago when I got my licence. They renew it every ten years but they just do a background check on you holy shi

thanks op

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Papes posted:

you have guns in nz? good thing George bush never found about that

are u from 2003

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
can u keep ur gun in ur car in plain sight? u can do that here w/o a stupid license or w/e here.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!

this is how it works in canada except you have to renew it more often than that

i should probably find out how often so i know when to do mine

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

what terrible freedom hating dystopia do you live in where you need a license to exercise your protected right to own firearms?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

we dont have a constitution we dont need it because we have a whole bunch of common law gifted to us from our British masters

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
dont talk to cops

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

background checks? not in my america!

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

PuTTY riot posted:

can u keep ur gun in ur car in plain sight? u can do that here w/o a stupid license or w/e here.

Not keep, for storage it has to be in an approved gunsafe. Installation of which needs to be inspected by the local police firearms officer.
But if you are going hunting you can, but I think they have to be unloaded and disabled for transport.

Angry Moo Cow, don't you remember the article about the waste of money for the Police to buy an extra year of XP patches. I think opposition MP Claire Curran put out a press release laughing at the government for that not so long ago.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

we dont have a constitution we dont need it because we have a whole bunch of common law gifted to us from our British masters

ur welcome op

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
show us the gun

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my dad was a cop here
for 33 years AND was the firearms officer in the town AND a firearms vetter who interviews ppl
to see if the should get licence

GUNS have to be locked up in safe, all guns
he got a gun that someone used
to kill themselves with. he wants me to get licence so I can inherent it. such privilege

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Varkk posted:

Not keep, for storage it has to be in an approved gunsafe. Installation of which needs to be inspected by the local police firearms officer.
But if you are going hunting you can, but I think they have to be unloaded and disabled for transport.

Angry Moo Cow, don't you remember the article about the waste of money for the Police to buy an extra year of XP patches. I think opposition MP Claire Curran put out a press release laughing at the government for that not so long ago.

SO SENSIBLE !!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

its a .22 rifle that my grandfather used. But that is not what this thread is about. It is about being able to go up to a police officer on the street and smugly say

"YOSPOS bitch"

and there is nothing they can do about it because its tru e.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
from all these nz posts about that place, over the last while, it seems like a very sensible country. EXCEPT for mounting your dryer on the wall - thats hosed up

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
don't get any misconceptions though.
guns are for
murderising!!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echinopsis posted:

my dad was a cop here
for 33 years AND was the firearms officer in the town AND a firearms vetter who interviews ppl

to kill themselves with. he wants me to get licence so I can inherent it. such privilege

my grandfathers gun he used to shoot a poacher in the leg with. wow heritage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

echinopsis posted:

my dad was a cop here

so youll kill urself with it to? hosed up

• Locked thread