Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
YES! A POLL

[ ] fry's electronics
[ ] electronic fry's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
[x] fry's electronics
[x] electronic fry's

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

YES! A POLL

[X] fry's electronics
[X] electronic fry's

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

now put the poll into your butt, op

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i'm the FERRET

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

duTrieux. posted:

now put the poll into your butt, op

rofl

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

this guy knows something about overcocking

pram
Jun 10, 2001

slot 1 hehehe

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I still have my old PIII

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

why?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Silver Alicorn posted:

I still have my old PIII

good job hoarding useless crap

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

idk man what if I need to interface with an old CNC mill someday

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

Silver Alicorn posted:

I still have my old PIII

that is clearly a pentium II with MMX technology

gnrk
Apr 1, 2008
the first one, OP

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

well the one in the pic sure is

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

I'm sorry the Isa agp slots and parallel Port didn't give it away

gnrk
Apr 1, 2008
i like the AGP port, I wish it stuck around.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

gnrk posted:

i like the AGP port, I wish it stuck around.

wish u stuck around

in myl ife

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i used to think fry's was good when i moved to a state that had them but they're really really bad

i dunno whats worse the pathetic guys in white shirts and black ties desperately getting you to hold and wait while they print out paperwork on their ancient POS system so you can register your sale for their tiny commission

or just the terrible customer service

one time i was in vegas and we desperately needed rack screws and i asked they guy where they were and he just told me they dont carry those

and then i mulled around for a little while and found them

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
u can get capacitors and stuff at frys tho. sometimes thats cool

gnrk
Apr 1, 2008

mishaq posted:

i used to think fry's was good when i moved to a state that had them but they're really really bad

i dunno whats worse the pathetic guys in white shirts and black ties desperately getting you to hold and wait while they print out paperwork on their ancient POS system so you can register your sale for their tiny commission

one time i was in vegas and we desperately needed rack screws and i asked they guy where they were and he just told me they dont carry those

these are all valid and correct but Frys is fun to hate while best buy is just lovely in every regard

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

gnrk posted:

these are all valid and correct but Frys is fun to hate while best buy is just lovely in every regard

i had to grab something at best buy recently, it was the first time i went in one in several years

checked the website and saw the price for what i wanted was the same as online, so sure whatever

go in the store and the prices on the shelf dont match their website and you have to get the people at the register to pricematch their own loving site

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:negative:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Smythe posted:

u can get capacitors and stuff at frys tho. sometimes thats cool

it's cool but some of the stock has just been kicking around for 20 years and digikey is cheaper anyway

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

mishaq posted:

it's not bad if you want your thing RIGHT NOW with matching price from places like amazon, but yeah they used to be more chill and dont gawk you for commission

also they according to one of the printout from just a few weeks ago they are getting like 5 bucks commission on something $160

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
there's a fry's in wilsonville, OR and it's basically a gathering point for failed nerds right outta high school

it's also a cheapass "warehouse"-themed fry's

i hardly ever go there, although it was handy to snag a price-matched monitor from them i guess. be careful that if you try the price-matching thing against like amazon they'll count the shipping cost as part of the price.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

it's also a cheapass "warehouse"-themed fry's

that's one of the ones that used to be an Incredible Universe

san diego's is the same way

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

phoenix aztec themed fry's checking in

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i goto the burbank "war of the worlds" theme frys and its pretty epic. also been to the santa monica "tiki hut" themes frys a few times. one time i went to a frys way down the 5 to get some outdoor solar lights for dad but im not sure what theme it was

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
turn casa bonita into a fry's please

tia

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Silver Alicorn posted:

that's one of the ones that used to be an Incredible Universe

san diego's is the same way

yeah, i remember when it was incredible universe. mom and dad got me Super Mario Bros. 2 from there. good times.

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

price matching is great when you want to goad a brick and mortar store into giving you something at a loss

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

super mario land 2 best mario

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
you can make a battery out of a potato, op, is this what you mean by electronic frys?

also there is (or used to be) a grocery store chain called fry's where you could buy potatoes, is that what you meant by fry's electronics?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Egan Yardley posted:

price matching is great when you want to goad a brick and mortar store into giving you something at a loss

doing the lord's work

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

you can make a battery out of a potato, op, is this what you mean by electronic frys?

also there is (or used to be) a grocery store chain called fry's where you could buy potatoes, is that what you meant by fry's electronics?

In 1972, Charles Fry sold the Fry's Supermarkets chain (of California) for US$14 million to Save Mart Supermarkets. He gave a portion of the proceeds (approximately $1 million per son) to each of his sons John, Randy, and David, none of whom had much interest in grocery store retailing.[3] Instead, in 1985, they joined together with a fourth partner, Kathryn Kolder (John's former girlfriend), to open the first Fry's Electronics store at a 20,000 sq ft (1,900 m2) site in Sunnyvale, California.[4] Today, Fry's Food and Drug stores are owned and operated by Kroger and are not affiliated with Fry's Electronics, although they share an almost identical logo.[5]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

duTrieux. posted:

In 1972, Charles Fry sold the Fry's Supermarkets chain (of California) for US$14 million to Save Mart Supermarkets. He gave a portion of the proceeds (approximately $1 million per son) to each of his sons John, Randy, and David, none of whom had much interest in grocery store retailing.[3] Instead, in 1985, they joined together with a fourth partner, Kathryn Kolder (John's former girlfriend), to open the first Fry's Electronics store at a 20,000 sq ft (1,900 m2) site in Sunnyvale, California.[4] Today, Fry's Food and Drug stores are owned and operated by Kroger and are not affiliated with Fry's Electronics, although they share an almost identical logo.[5]

well i'll be dipped

• Locked thread