Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
pc can run all games because games are nowadays designed primarily for console specs, of which pcs are miles ahead....

except lords of the fallen, designed for $10k alienware supercomputers with 4 graphics cards and 600 gb ram
which conveniently does not work on consoles, either

basically consoles own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I like my 180fps MLG pro low latency video outputs tyvm

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
acutlaly the bad part about consoles is u gotta buy a $250 device to record the hdmi output, except ps4 (15 minutes recorded on system!!) and xbone (1 minute recorded or something... idk)

but on the pc u can download fraps and take someone elses license code, or download obs

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mach2 posted:

Wow there's a lot of words itt.

Here's the summary: knuck u kinte is a dumb oval office and PCs are great, while consoles, especially Nintendo ones, are a good supplement to your gaming time

Knuc is my homey and you're about to be featured on https://www.wrongsideofthetracks.com/videos/snuff/Mach2Haterapemurder.avi

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 6, 2014

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This thread is way funnier, and for different reasons than I imagined.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
im prepared to speak to both sides because sometimes the truth is in the middle

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Can anyone tell me how to put a wiiu into my PC so i can have both devices in one package?

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

THE PENETRATOR posted:

im prepared to speak to both sides because sometimes the truth is in the middle

penetrator please update your counter strike go lets play

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Cyra posted:

penetrator please update your counter strike go lets play

ive got a video rendering RIGHT NOw

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
edit: because this time i edited a video

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Mach2 posted:

Here's the summary: knuck u kinte is a dumb oval office and PCs are great, while consoles, especially Nintendo ones, are a good supplement to your gaming time

lmao

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
It's all one big pile of gently caress OP.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Lmfao who gave Knuc this loving epic thing

Dec 26, 2012

Mach2 posted:

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
this should be knuc if u bucks new avatar:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fargield posted:

Whatever this is, I have it adbloicked,.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

its luke...being hosed! by Yoda! LMFAO!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i got a ps4.

i like it cause it plays games and has lots of other people on there and the controller rules.

had every nintendo console prior to wii u

liked them, takin a break.

pc gamed since forever. haven't in a while except for cheap poo poo that runs on my laptop

only so much time in the day.

don't get me started on how sweet handhelds are too.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

the ps4 is going to be really great when it gets games i want to play on it

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's Win.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

pc owns because you dont have to pay for anything if you dont want to

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
The PC definitely seems like the objective better choice but I got an Xbox One because I'm lazy, cheap and it's what my friends have. Game on what makes you happy I say.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

i like the pc a lot but i would consider getting a wii u to supplement the pc gaming experience, it'd probably be fun even though like the wii before it i'm likely to forget about it completely a few months down the road and never start it up again

i wonder if my wii still works. the little red light is on so maybe ??

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Confession: I've never owned a handheld. 3DS looks interesting though.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

3ds is basically gaming ambrosia handed down by the nintengods

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

pc man
pc man
pc man hates console man
they have a fight
pc wins
pc man

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Your avatar is two my little ponies probably loving. You are in no postion. Glass stones throw houses w/e

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Heran Bago posted:

Your avatar is two my little ponies probably loving. You are in no postion. Glass stones throw houses w/e

You're a moron.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

two my little ponies loving is the most epic avatar imaginable

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I used to be part of the glorious PC master race a few years ago, and switched mostly because I fell behind on upgrades. I've stayed mostly because of the simplicity. On console, you buy the game if it's on your system, you take it home, you play it, usually in the comfort of your own couch in front of the big TV.

On PC, you memorise your current specs (not easy for most people - I used to build computers and I have absolutely no idea how fast the rig my cousin is giving me will be) so you can figure out how many of the superior features you'll actually be able to use. You research if it has restrictive / borderline malware DRM it wants to install, or yet another Origin / Uplay client it needs you to install. Eventually you get the game home (or wait for it to finish downloading) and then go make yourself a coffee while it installs. Maybe multitask and find out if you need to update or roll back your drivers to get it to work. Then when it's done installing and patching, you spend the first hour or so quitting back to the menu and fiddling with the graphics settings until you've reached an acceptable trade-off between graphics and speed. Finally, when all that is done, you can play the game, trying to ignore the hitching as some OS process keeps starting itself in the background. In the bedroom or the office on a small monitor.

Yes PC has mods, but in counterpoint I cite r vs anyone who's tried to get Skyrim to run stable for more than an hour.

I'm just trying to demonstrate that there are valid reasons to play on console and not PC. Not everyone has the time or money to run through all of that, or even the right living situation to make the best of PC gaming. If you do, great; you shine on you crazy diamond.

e: I'm not trying to say consoles are better - they're not. I'm just saying PC gaming is not as flawless as everyone makes out and for many, consoles are a far more accessible compromise.

Okay sure. Now tell us about the little ponycock.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Fargield posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fargield posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yoda loving Luke is the imp zone ice rear end

Dec 26, 2012

Scyther posted:

pc man
pc man
pc man hates console man
they have a fight
pc wins
pc man

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Can you pirate with complete impunity on consoles like you can on PC? A friend of mine wants to know.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Yes, except that you can't leave your bootleg discs in for more than 24 hours.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Lol who has a CD burner anymore gramps? Urrrg so old can't walk aaaaagh i poo poo in my adult diaper lol :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Your console SUCKS compare to my PC!!

I read the comments on this thread, and something occured to me: I’ve read this thread a thousand times before.

Doesn’t it ever get boring, people? How many times do we have to have the same drat discussion? Haven’t we all discussed this often and long enough? Do we really have to have all the “Wii isn’t a real console anyway!” “There are no good games for [Wii|PS3|360]!” “360 is for frat boys!” “Only dumb people buy [Wii|PS3|360]!” comments? I mean, it’s not as if we all knew all the answers these comments inevitably get; they’re the same answers each time.

Here’s the thing: All current-gen consoles suck. It’s true: I own all of them, and they all suck. Let me tell you some of the ways in which they suck:

PS3

The thing is too expensive, loud and huge
There are few good games, and cross-platform games most often suck on the PS3
There are few PSN games, and even fewer of these games have demos
Games are too expensive
Controller hasn’t changed since the first PlayStation
Did I mention it’s too expensive, has few games, and and most cross-platform games suck?

Loud. I mean, seriously. If you thought the PS3 was loud, this is a loving jet engine during takeoff. WTF?
It will break. If not this week, then next.
The online store games are mostly uninspired and boring
Online gaming isn’t free
Weird conversion between US$ and points makes it hard to figure out the price of online games and content
Only large amounts of points can be bought at a time
In general, MS rapes you in additional cost. Want WiFi? Sure, that’s 90 bucks. How about HDMI and analog audio? Sorry, no can do, unless you shell out another 60 bucks. Want a non-anemic HD, say, one at 120 gigs? Better sell the house, the car, and your kids into slavery, then.
Game selection slants towards FPS, american sports and car racing
Since not all 360s have hard disks, games can’t rely on it
Region lock
Games are too expensive
No built-in wifi
It’s from Microsoft, so even if you like the console, buying it means your soul now belongs to the devil. It’s a scientific fact, since nine out of ten people agree!

Wii

Online store games are only re-releases
Online store games must be paid with points, and only large amounts of points can be bought at a time
Built-in storage is way too small, and games can’t be launched from SD cards
Graphics not much improved from last gen
Mediocre third-party support
Too many games with essentially non-functional control schemes
Few long, deep games with storylines
Online games locked to a console
Region lock
No built-in Ethernet

PSP

There are too few really interesting games, and too many PS2 ports/sequels
Games have way too much loading
Battery life should be better
Screen is too blurry (or ghosty?) and shiny
UMD movie selection is bad, and UMD movies cost too much
Too big for a pocket, gets scratched easily
Games are too big for easy portability
Only supports Sony’s proprietary overpriced memory sticks

DS

Screen resolution is too small
Graphics are not very good
Probably too expensive compared to the PSP

GP2X

No games

N-Gage

Dead

The list of flaws is not exhaustive, and not all flaws have equal weight - some may even be positive in some ways (the DS has crappy 3D support, but as a result, it gets a lot more 2D games, which may be a plus for some gamers).

Maybe if we could just all acknowledge that all consoles have serious flaws, we would not have to have all these fanboy wars. Just pick the console you like best and stop berating those who choose differently; your choice is not better. Seriously, it’s not. Your console sucks, too, just in different ways, so different people with different priorities will pick a different console. That doesn’t make them dumb, it just makes their priorities different from yours.

Thanks.

I prefer PC.

• Locked thread