Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Can you pirate with complete impunity on consoles like you can on PC? A friend of mine wants to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Yes, except that you can't leave your bootleg discs in for more than 24 hours.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Lol who has a CD burner anymore gramps? Urrrg so old can't walk aaaaagh i poo poo in my adult diaper lol :D

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Your console SUCKS compare to my PC!!

I read the comments on this thread, and something occured to me: I’ve read this thread a thousand times before.

Doesn’t it ever get boring, people? How many times do we have to have the same drat discussion? Haven’t we all discussed this often and long enough? Do we really have to have all the “Wii isn’t a real console anyway!” “There are no good games for [Wii|PS3|360]!” “360 is for frat boys!” “Only dumb people buy [Wii|PS3|360]!” comments? I mean, it’s not as if we all knew all the answers these comments inevitably get; they’re the same answers each time.

Here’s the thing: All current-gen consoles suck. It’s true: I own all of them, and they all suck. Let me tell you some of the ways in which they suck:

PS3

The thing is too expensive, loud and huge
There are few good games, and cross-platform games most often suck on the PS3
There are few PSN games, and even fewer of these games have demos
Games are too expensive
Controller hasn’t changed since the first PlayStation
Did I mention it’s too expensive, has few games, and and most cross-platform games suck?

Loud. I mean, seriously. If you thought the PS3 was loud, this is a loving jet engine during takeoff. WTF?
It will break. If not this week, then next.
The online store games are mostly uninspired and boring
Online gaming isn’t free
Weird conversion between US$ and points makes it hard to figure out the price of online games and content
Only large amounts of points can be bought at a time
In general, MS rapes you in additional cost. Want WiFi? Sure, that’s 90 bucks. How about HDMI and analog audio? Sorry, no can do, unless you shell out another 60 bucks. Want a non-anemic HD, say, one at 120 gigs? Better sell the house, the car, and your kids into slavery, then.
Game selection slants towards FPS, american sports and car racing
Since not all 360s have hard disks, games can’t rely on it
Region lock
Games are too expensive
No built-in wifi
It’s from Microsoft, so even if you like the console, buying it means your soul now belongs to the devil. It’s a scientific fact, since nine out of ten people agree!

Wii

Online store games are only re-releases
Online store games must be paid with points, and only large amounts of points can be bought at a time
Built-in storage is way too small, and games can’t be launched from SD cards
Graphics not much improved from last gen
Mediocre third-party support
Too many games with essentially non-functional control schemes
Few long, deep games with storylines
Online games locked to a console
Region lock
No built-in Ethernet

PSP

There are too few really interesting games, and too many PS2 ports/sequels
Games have way too much loading
Battery life should be better
Screen is too blurry (or ghosty?) and shiny
UMD movie selection is bad, and UMD movies cost too much
Too big for a pocket, gets scratched easily
Games are too big for easy portability
Only supports Sony’s proprietary overpriced memory sticks

DS

Screen resolution is too small
Graphics are not very good
Probably too expensive compared to the PSP

GP2X

No games

N-Gage

Dead

The list of flaws is not exhaustive, and not all flaws have equal weight - some may even be positive in some ways (the DS has crappy 3D support, but as a result, it gets a lot more 2D games, which may be a plus for some gamers).

Maybe if we could just all acknowledge that all consoles have serious flaws, we would not have to have all these fanboy wars. Just pick the console you like best and stop berating those who choose differently; your choice is not better. Seriously, it’s not. Your console sucks, too, just in different ways, so different people with different priorities will pick a different console. That doesn’t make them dumb, it just makes their priorities different from yours.

Thanks.

I prefer PC.

• Locked thread