Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
How does the Echo stack up to Google Home? I wouldn't mind a voice controlled spotify machine but if Google's offering is considered superior then I may just wait till they're for sale in my country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Thanks for the rundown. The Echo is actually 100 Euros right now while Google Home is said to be 150 Euros if and when it launches in my country. And just to make sure, I can use spotify with just the Echo itself, right? I don't need to have my phone connected to it to play stuff?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Do I have to always specify that I want it to pull the music/playlists from Spotify? For example, do I need to say "Alexa play my Hoobastank playlist from Spotify" or can I just say "Alexa play my Hoobastank playlist"?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Echo is supposed to be able to find and play my custom Spotify playlists, right? I got mine today and can play music via Spotify fine but it always tells me "I can't find playlist X" sometimes even tell me the exact right name too.

EDIT: got it, I did not realize that I still had to add "on spotify" to playlist requests, since I dont need to do that for individual songs

Incessant Excess fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 14, 2017

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Has anyone bought the latest gen Echo? Is it a worthy upgrade audio quality wise over a gen 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Can the clock on a 4th Gen Echo Dot dimmed to a low level? I'm wondering if it would make a good replacement for my Echo Show 5, which is in the process of dying.