Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Yeah they're looking at utilization, not if there's a month to month balance. A ton of people in America don't actually understand how their credit score is calculated. Paying the full statement balance instead of everything you owe is going to leave money on there anyway because purchases this month come due next month.

Even that can get you in trouble if you're not careful though. Don't put something on a card unless you already have money waiting to pay for it, and you are confident you can then not touch that money until you send it to the credit card company.

Your credit score is not the score in a game, nor does it matter unless you're looking for a loan or another credit card. Just use your credit responsibly and that score will go up by itself and don't worry about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Argh I just got a Discover It a couple days ago.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

THF13 posted:

The offer has been going for at least the last month and is open to anyone so you should be able to get the bonus. Call/chat/send a message to discover and say you meant to sign up for the $175 bonus. The worse that can happen is they say no.

Yeah they said no. Oh well, it can't be helped.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Go talk to your bank/Credit union

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

SiGmA_X posted:

The Amazon card definitely has the VISA logo on the lower-right.
https://www.chase.com/credit-cards/amazon

I think it may vary with the Freedom - I have seen pics of a MC online. Mine has a Visa logo just like my CU debit cards, and other Visa's.
I tried getting a Freedom MasterCard and they told me they weren't available anymore, they only do Visa now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

THF13 posted:

Synchrony Bank is relatively new, they used to be GE Capital Retail Bank and most of the impressions people have with them are negative. They are a legitimate bank but their site/interface/support is not the best.
Yeah I've had an account with them for like nine months, purely for that 1% interest rate on savings accounts. Their website is pretty hot garbage, it looks like it was designed years and years ago.

I haven't had any actual issues with it though, all of my transfers and autopays have never had any problems. They do seem to take a day or so longer than my credit union does to clear funds though.