Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

smackfu posted:

All in all, would not recommend. Also unclear why anyone would use Citizens Bank.

I've had a citizens account for going on 10 years. They are bad and I've been moving away from them in favor of Ally's online banking. I have a checking account with them I keep some cash in for local banking/cash deposits but I rarely go anymore, now that I don't need quarters for laundry. Like above poster said, deposits waive the fee, I have $50 go in every paycheck, and I pull it out via ally, which doesn't incur any fees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

My Chase card had a 10% targeted offer for one purchase at Best Buy, so I made an online purchase and went to pick it up, and then stupid me I made another purchase in store with the same card. Of course the reward applied to the smaller purchase, so I called the card line and they said they had no idea what I was talking about, and they didn't know who I could talk to to get it resolved, so I just closed the account. Why have an offer for a credit card if the card doesn't even know about it?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

With Chase CC points, why do the "pay yourself back" points show as much more valuable than the number of points?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

As a counter to that I've only had good experience with Citi, both my double cash and Costco cards. Payments are credited same day I put them in online, and customer service has been good when I've needed something. They even overnighted a replacement card when my number guy compromised.

A ton of credit cards slashed benefits so at the end of the day I'm getting a 2% discount for everything I buy except when I have a card with a better % back for a category.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I overpaid but 71c on a card I almost never use. It's been negative for a month now.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I have fraudulent charges of $3000 pending on my Citi Double Cash card and they said they couldn't do anything because they are pending. This is also the second time this year the card has been compromised.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

FunOne posted:

That's pretty standard. Have them overnight you a new card and dispute the bad charges.once they post.

If it keeps happening I'd take a look at where you're using it to see if you can identify where it is getting lifted.

Yeah I took a look at charges over the last few months and the only place that I would be suspicious of was a self-pay parking kiosk. Or ya'know, any of the national chains I shop at, since they are so secure.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

If I have a Chase card can I refer my spouse for another chase card for sign up bonuses?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Any decent cards to use in Canada with zero ftf and no annual fee? Planning a road trip in the northeast through the maritime provinces

E: i realized the Costco visa doesn't (iirc) have a ftf, assuming that will work for gas. I also have the quicksilver from. Anything better than those two?

The Slack Lagoon fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jan 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Any recommendations for a no or low fee credit card with no FTF for use in Australia?