Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Am I overlooking something, or is this as good as I think it is? Combining the Chase Freedom and Chase Sapphire Preferred bonuses, and then transferring them to the Southwest card (after meeting the spends) results in 100k points, a mere 10k short of a promotion Southwest is running where you get a free companion ticket for every one you purchase. What are the better airlines cards factoring in other cards where you can transfer points?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Blinkman987 posted:

United Explorer is offering 50K miles on a $3K spend across 3 months. Signup ends June 2nd, which is lame because I'll hit my 2-year reset on that bonus on June 14th. =/

https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFWLTO

There's a slightly better deal if you try to book a flight on United's website: 50k miles with 3k spend over 3 months, and a 50 dollar statement credit after your first purchase.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I've got this referral thing from Chase Freedom that gives me $50 per person who signs up for and uses the card, and $200 for $500 spent for the applicant. There's no catch, is there?

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I have a friend who I suggested the Chase Freedom back when the sign-up bonus was $200. I went through the whole spiel about how it was a killer deal because it was basically a free $200 and no annual fee, with no risk if you were a responsible person. The next time I saw her, she had gotten the green American Express card because her mother said it was better. As far as I'm aware, it's got an annual fee and nothing really going for it. American Express is also the only card I've had refused by vendors.

Honestly, I think people are wary of credit cards because the interest thing is not very intuitive. Just about everybody I've talked to who doesn't have a credit card thinks you'll get charged the interest just for using the card. There are also the horror stories of people who get buried in debt because they haven't been educated in the matter and went hog-wild with the spending.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Basically Chase is saying they don't trust you enough to extend $16500 in credit to you. You might be able to get by asking if they would give you the card if you transferred some of the Amazon Visa to the new CSR account.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Insane Totoro posted:

Hmm it explicitly said somewhere that points only stays didn't count. Unless I was mistaken.

Obviously take my word with a huge grain of salt, but my point and award night stays have counted toward the brand collector perk for Hyatt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
If you live in New York, the Trump administration is blocking enrollments and renewals to global entry. A few credit cards provide reimbursements for those applications, so I guess it might affect some people.