Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
Has anyone had a good experience with the Amazon Rewards Visa? I looked at the Discover It card, but am not sure how often the categories would apply to me - I don't buy gas that often, and plan on regularly picking up housewares, books, etc. from Amazon. Unless we've got a vacation or something lined up, I rarely charge more than a couple hundred a month, and always pay off my balance. The only rewards card I have experience with is the PNC CashBuilder, which just gives a flat 1.25% back, and can only be redeemed at $50 or more. I'm thinking it's time to find something a little more useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Dengraz posted:

I've been enjoying using my Sallie Mae Rewards card for Amazon (5% on gas/groceries/bookstores). It has relatively low monthly caps on the cashback per month ($250 for gas/groceries and $750 for bookstores). Also really easy to redeem rewards ($25 increments).

Hm... That $250 cap on gas/groceries is actually probably more than generous for my usual expenditures. Does the 5% for Amazon apply even if you're buying, say, kitchen-type goods? I did see that card in the OP, but for some reason filed it in my brain as related to books only.