Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bragon
Apr 7, 2010

Is it super duper bad for your credit rating to run a 0 balance on a card you aren't using? I got a Freedom last year but hardly used it, since my amex BCP and Sapphire Preferred do everything I need them to. If it is, should I close it or just make 1 purchase a month on it or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bragon
Apr 7, 2010

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

ETB already covered the Citi DoubleCash. I just wanted to chime in to let you know you can downgrade your Sapphire Preferred to regular to avoid the annual fee and leave it in your sock drawer if you are concerned about your credit score and utilization.

I just did this and not only was it ridiculously easy to do, I had already paid the fee on my last billing cycle and they refunded it without any argument. I will say I'll miss the quality of CSP customer service.

Bragon
Apr 7, 2010

Does Citi ever offer a signup bonus for the Double Cash? The last page talked me into grabbing a Quicksilver for the time being, but I think I'd like to have both.

Bragon
Apr 7, 2010

Bisty Q. posted:

BOA Travel Rewards is also 1.5%, no FTF, EMV, etc. Currently running a $100 signup bonus; I don't think QS is running any. The potential can be even higher; at least 10% higher if you have a BOA account at all and up to 75% higher if you have a lot of money there. (I get 2.63% back on everything on that card.)

QS is running a $100 bonus, as is BOA. Barclays Arrival is running $200 and gives 2x points to the BOA's 1.5x, even considering 10% from a BOA account. And as mentioned to me above, try signing up for an Arrival+ for a $400 bonus and downgrade it at the end of the first free year.