Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I was approved for a Citi Double Cash card with a limit of $7k. Called them up when I received it and asked for a $20k limit, they approved over the phone.

Seemed like my credit score was always based on my utilization of my old Discover on the day they checked it (which could have been relatively high) even though I payed it in full every month. Glad I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Trying to decide about the Chase Sapphire Reserve. I have two cards - old Discover and a Citi Double Cash that I use for almost everything. Neither has an annual fee. I hate the idea of an annual fee. But I love the idea of free money and we do some traveling throughout the year. $300 in travel credit is cool but that's still $150

Anyone know where I can find a realistic chart or whatever of what the 100k points can get me? (I'm under the impression this is still available if I sign up in a branch).

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

drat. That is legit. Looks like I'm getting this card.

Edit: lol okay nevermind, I don't seem to have a Chase branch anywhere even close to me. Not even in DC? Oh well.

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 30, 2017

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, not sure if I still feel like loving around with (and paying the fee) for half the points. I prefer cash back cards to points and my Citi is the best one I've seen, so I don't want to make a wholesale change.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

What's the cash-back profile you're working with?

2% everything, no limit. (And no fee)

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

this may be a dumb question but would there be an issue if I drove out of state to apply for this credit card at a Chase branch?

I mean based on what I've read here we're talking about literally thousands of dollars in signup bonus, seems like an 1.5 hour drive would would it be worth it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

TheEye posted:

Good to hear the 100k bonus for the Reserve is still available at branches. Probably going to head over to one tomorrow.

Any luck with this? Did you get the 100k?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Drove two hours to apply for the Chase Sapphire Reserve for a process that took maybe 10 minutes.

I still have to figure out if it's worth it to make this my primary card over the Double Cash. We do tend to eat out and travel a lot which are expensive habits I'd like to pare down, but might as well get points for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

TIL metal credit cards are baller as poo poo