Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

^^^ Like this, but its your mouth, and shit comes out of it.

"edit: Oh neat, babby's first avatar. Kind of a convoluted metaphor but eh..."

No, shit is actually extruding out of your mouth, and your'e a pathetic dick, shut the fuck up.
I've got a quick question about secured credit cards. Right now, I've got no credit history. I'm a student with no debts and low monthly income, so from what I understand, I'm basically a ghost and there's no chance in hell that I'll get approved for a decent credit card (no annual fee, 0% APR early on, rewards). I want to start building my credit, but I'm not sure if secured credit is the way to go.

Here is what makes me hesitate: Annual fees, even if they are low. Most I looked at were in the $30-40 range. A lot of secured cards don't seem to report to the big 3 bureaus, or at least they don't indicate whether they do or not. It also sounds like you'll never get the initial deposit back unless you close the account, which then wipes out that line of credit history, correct? I mean it's not like having $200 permanently tied up is the end of the world, but if there are better alternatives, I'd rather look at them.

So are there better ways to start establishing credit so that I can actually get approved for a decent card? I don't want to shoot out a bunch of applications that are going to ding my credit score with hard inquiries if there's zero chance of approval.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU