Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014
Has anyone had any luck getting annual fees comped by calling the credit card company.

I ask because I currently use a BoA starter card (I had no credit history prior to 2013,) which offers no rewards and has a $39 dollar annual fee. There is literally no reason I should be paying that much just for the "right" to use BoA's credit card service with no incentives. I pay off my bill in full each month, and think I've built up enough credit over the last 10 months to move onto my next card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014

Bisty Q. posted:

Probably you can get it waived, but just call and ask for a 'product change' to a no-AF, rewards card, like their Travel Rewards card. That will help maintain your average account age, as well, instead of stopping it now.

Ah thanks for this advice. I was wondering how this works.

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014

Lelorox posted:

Ah thanks for this advice. I was wondering how this works.

Well that was fairly simple. Called BoA this morning and maybe was on the phone for half an hour. Got switched over to cash rewards and increased my limit without any hassle except for the rep trying to tell me that I would still have a 39 dollar fee which I insisted wasn't the case. So he waived the fee and got me my new card.

Thanks for the advice.

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014
I've been out of the country for 2 of the last 4 years and I think the crediting agencies put some sort of hold on my reports. Apparently I need to prove my identity to the agencies past just providing SSN DOB NAME ADD etc.

Anyone have any experience with this/ have dealt with remedying the situation?