Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003
I'm looking for a second visa/MC to use for when I'm either having issues with my freedom card (I've had the card info skimmed 2 times in the 3 years since moving to Boston) and a place doesn't take discover or when overseas.

I would prefer a card with no foreign transaction fees for when I go to Italy in May (tickets paid for already), and so I've only been looking at chip cards, but there is always the issue about no pin.

I don't anticipate spending anywhere near $3000 in the next few months to try and get a nice signup bonus. So, should I just go for a Capital One VentureOne card with a 20K miles for 1K spend? I can throw enough bills on the card to do that spend. My credit score is excellent so I would be able to be approved for just the 2X points version; I just don't see myself getting the bonus... Is there an optimal situation I'm missing here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003
For those worried about chip and sig cards:

They at least worked fine in Gothenburg and London airports. The reader just tells you to take out your card and never asks for a pin.

It was a lot less painful than I worried it could be.