Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid
Canadian goon going to the south next year.

I'm looking for a good travel rewards card. Currently I'm using Aeroplan which really is only the one of two major travel miles in Canada and there's lots of different credit cards from Visa/Amex that have cards ranging from $60 to $1000.

The US seems to have a lot more cards and travel rewards companies so I was looking for a recommendation on what I should go with.

Ideally I'd prefer a free card which I could maybe do some churning later on down the road with other card offers, but I don't mind paying if the fee is around $50/year.

Also, how do you go about applying for the AMEX Costco card? Do you get a costco membership then apply online or do you apply while you get your costco membership?

lol internet. fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
Canadian citizen, but soon to be American green card holder. I have good credit in Canada and nothing in the US.

I was wondering what the fastest way to build credit in the US would be? I should be able to get an American CC when I move there since I guess they can transfer my Canadian card to an American one.

Would it be better to get multiple US credit cards or should I just get one? I normally don't carry a balance and I pay off in full.

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007

Desuwa posted:

As long as you have one Visa/MC you've got your needs met. Getting more cards should be done for rewards or to quickly build credit if you think you're going to be buying a house in a few years or something.

Yeah, essentially I plan on buying a house in 2-3 years time (hopefully the Canadian dollar is poo poo still so I can exchange my money.

So get multiple credit cards it looks like for me... and maybe cancel all of them but one 6 months before the mortgage I guess? I am currently a secondary card holder on my wifes BoA CC but they didn't take my SSN since I don't have one so I'm not sure if that will even count.

I am just trying to get a good credit so we can secure a decent mortgage during that time. I will probably churn once the mortgage is secured.

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
Looking for advice about AMEX MR rewards.

I want to apply\keep the Amex EveryDay® Credit Card to store my MR rewards while churning and also keep it permanently to build my credit since there's a $0 annual fee.

Should I 1 account with my wife as a secondary card holder or should we have two separate accounts?

When we churn the regular AMEX cards, will all the points go into one account if she is a secondary card holder? Or do we need to open two separate accounts?