Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Put blue and red chicken in mouth plz
With Chase Slate I think you have 60 days from account opening to make any balance transfers you want without paying the transfer fee. It shouldn't be a problem with multiple. When it comes to things like this it's never a bad idea to call and confirm.

And I think I need to take advantage of the Chase SW RR Premier card's sign up bonus... 50K RR for 2K spend.

edit: Wow, instant approval with 12k credit line, biggest I've ever started with... this can't be same Chase that gave me 3k with a Freedom card then never increased it again.

nickutz fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

asur posted:

Don't Thank You points redeem for 0.8 cents per point on Amazon? That's seems pretty atrocious given that you could redeem at 1 cent per point for gift cards, the same for flights, or if you have the Premier or Prestige then 1.25/1.6 cents per point on American. This is all ignoring transfer partners which should allow above 1.5 cents.

Thank You Points and AMEX Membership Rewards should not be redeemed directly through Amazon's Pay with Points.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

edit: Gotcha

AMEX and Jetblue are splitting ways next year so you can wait and see what they will product-change the Jetblue cards to, or see if they'll product-change you now, but AMEX has some weird rules about what co-branded cards can be changed to.

nickutz fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 5, 2015

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

As if AMEX needed another blow to their co-branded portfolio. Glad I churned the SPG card already.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

This wasn't technically a "reward" but Citi's Price Rewind just saved me $125 on a TV I bought back in September. If you're buying high dollar items for the holidays and using your Citi card, don't forget to enroll the purchases in Price Rewind.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Tewdrig posted:

How was your experience with the process? I've stuck with Amex because of their purchase protections, as well as Amex offers, but I have a double cash and AA card with citi. Just assumed the details of getting money from them was maddening.

It was easy, just register your purchase made on the card with their Price Rewind portal. Found the TV I bought by model number, then added the purchase date, location, and price. If they find a lower price within 60 days you're notified to apply for the refund and upload a copy of the receipt. You can get a check or statement credit once the approve the refund.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Neither Citi nor Chase have ever bothered to make a retention offer for me when I cancel their products. Similar to what you said, I probably wasn't profitable enough to bother paying more to keep me around.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

By calling the reconsideration lines there it at least a chance he could get something out of those hard pulls instead of the nothing he currently has.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Barry posted:

The points are transferable to a ton of partners, not sure where you're seeing that. I've been sending mine to BA and will get ~4 RT domestic tickets for myself and my girlfriend.

The Platinum AF is really only worth paying if you actually travel a good amount.

If you're sending the points to BA are you then redeeming the domestic tickets on AA? Do you still have to call in to do that?

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

For some reason AMEX is mailing me targeted sign up bonus offers for the PRG when I've already had that card and bonus in the past. I'd gladly accept the sign up bonus again but I don't believe I'm eligible.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

pig slut lisa posted:

Check the fine print. Does it have the lifetime limit language? I got a PRG targeted offer without it. Never tested it cause I was working on some other minimum spends but you might think about it if your offer is like mine.

Can't seem to find the lifetime limit anywhere in the fine print from the mailer, or when I used the RSVP code online. Since I'm not working on any other required spend I'm jumping on it.

edit: Called Barclaycard today too about downgrading my Aviator Red to the no annual fee version, and not only did they waive the fee on my Red for another year but offered 5000 AAdvantage miles after $1k/90d spend. Plus a credit line increase with no hard pull. Didn't mean to back myself into two minimum spends today but 2k over 3 months is pretty easy.

nickutz fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 25, 2016

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

I don't know if any of the major card issuers even offer joint accounts anymore. Usually you just add the other person as an authorized user.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Take out a new installment loan.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Be nice if I hadn't gotten that cards basic bonus offer a couple years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

If you're hotel agnostic, I wouldn't bother with a brand specific card. Book your rooms on hotels.com or whatever and take your 2% cash back.