Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

khysanth posted:

I have the option to pay my rent via card - this is a good way to spend $3000 in 3 months to earn the 40k bonus points, correct? Am I wrong in thinking I can pay my rent with this every month to earn sweet sweet points toward travel?

Make sure your landlord isn't charging you a credit card fee to do so. Fees can be up to 3-5% typically. It's rare for a management company to accept credit cards for no additional charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

drat, I guess the credit crunch is fully over. I applied for the Chase Freedom card to pick up the $200 bonus, and got a $22k limit. :lol:

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Maybe I'm just lucky or something but in the ~10 years I've been using credit cards I've never had a fraud issue. I have several of them and I've been using them to funnel nearly all of my spending through for most of those 10 years.

Of course now I've just hexed myself and I'm going to have like 4 of them get fraudulent charges this week.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

FISHMANPET posted:

Can I just say how annoying it is that Chase won't let me just pay a fixed amount X every month. I can only choose minimum payment or full balance.

You're in the wrong thread if you aren't paying the full statement balance every month.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

I've used my credit union debit card with ATMs in most of Europe, Turkey, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Cambodia, and Nicaragua to pull out local currency largely without issue.

A lot of those foreign banks didn't even charge an ATM fee on their end, or if they did it was something insignificant like $1-2 equivalent. My credit union charges no ATM fees and gives daily market-rate currency exchange.

Wells Fargo and other big banks rape you on foreign ATM usage and is one of many reasons I don't bank with them at all anymore.