Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
Sofi is increasing the cashback on their no annual fee card to 2.2%: https://www.sofi.com/blog/sofi-credit-card-reward-boost/

Requires direct deposit.

Looks like this currently an indefinite promotion (no expiration date), and rewards aren't capped either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drk
Jan 16, 2005

dexter6 posted:

3. Do you generally get more for your money redeeming the points for flights vs just getting a cash back card? While we like the idea of booking an international trip using miles as it “feels” free, if cash back is more rewarding I’d rather just do that and pay cash for tickets when we want to travel.

Its hard to value miles/points vs cash, because the former can wildly fluctuate in value. For example, you are almost always going to get a better value from miles by redeeming them for business/first class flights than for economy fares. If you would actually pay the cash price for the higher class service, there is potential value there. If not, cash might be better.

Personally, I use cashback cards for everything. Its not too hard to get 3-5% cash back on most things, and cash can be spent on anything. Cash rewards are also paid out regularly and can earn interest once redeemed.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
Sign up bonuses are nothing new, there is no secret downside. The credit card companies are hoping that the lifetime value of new cardholders is much higher than the cost to acquire them via bonuses and other promotions.

Re: 0% APR, its a good deal too, just remember you still have to make the minimum payments every month.

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Cacafuego posted:

I, too have opened several business cards for no other purpose than churning the rewards points. I’ve not had any issues getting them and I don’t actually have a business.

Lying to a bank in exchange for monetary gains is textbook fraud, which is why some people are hesitant to do this.