Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
How big of a hit is it to my credit score if I cancel a credit card after 1 year? I had the Chase Sapphire Preferred and realized I don't travel as much as I thought I do, and while I did enjoy the big signup bonus I don't want to pay the annual fee next year. It also makes up 50% of my available credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Is Citi DoubleCash the best workhorse credit card for someone who doesn't travel much and doesn't have skewed spending habits across cash-back categories? (like, my spending is spread evenly among Amazon, grocery stores, etc.)

I have a Chase Sapphire but I signed up for it primarily for the awesome intro Bonus (which I used to buy my mom a rowing machine off Amazon, I didn't even spend it on travel stuff which would have extended it even more) but now it's just a 1% cashback card with an annual fee pretty much.

I guess I should travel more, but in the meantime is DoubleCash great? 2% across all purchases seems amazing

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Is Citi Double Cash still the best cash back card for people who don't travel a ton? Just looking for the best cash back card, not a huge fan of revolving categories

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I just got a Amex Blue Cash Preferred. The huge grocery discount (6%) is too good to pass up, as a man who loves to buy food from grocery stores. 10% off restaurants for the next 6 months is also cool