Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Anand Win a Game?
This poll is closed.
Yes 11 22.45%
No 4 8.16%
Hell No 1 2.04%
Hahaha No 11 22.45%
Putin has managed to become a threat to both Russia and World Peace because Obama is not a strong leader like Ronald Reagan 22 44.90%
Total: 49 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
vyshka
Aug 10, 2010
Tata Steel starts on the 10th.

Masters section:

Carlsen
Caruana
Aronian
Giri
So
Vachier-Lagrave
Wojtaszek
Radjabov
Ding
Jobava
Ivanchuk
Hou
Van Wely
Saric

Newest US GM Samuel Sevian is playing in the challengers section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyshka
Aug 10, 2010
From a Zurich Chess Challenge press release:

quote:

The oldest chess club in the world and its honorable member Oleg Skvortsov suggest a most important innovation for the future of new classical chess with a new time control of 40 minutes per game with additional 10 seconds for each move. We think that in the future classical chess could pass to one hour control for each player. We have come to the conclusion that the game needs to become faster.

There has to be some point where they stop shortening the time control for classical chess, right??

vyshka
Aug 10, 2010
Now Greg Shahade is arguing for the death of slow chess:

https://gregshahade.wordpress.com/2015/11/02/slow-chess-should-die-a-fast-death/

vyshka
Aug 10, 2010
I'm a bit behind on my chess news reading it seems, as I just found out today about Mark Dvoretsky passing away last month. Sad year with both him and Korchnoi passing away. Everyone ready for the match in November?

• Locked thread