Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007
Just last month, I had to bring my '14 Mazda CX5 in for a TSB repair which was for the driver's side view mirror which would vibrate/shake when driving, making the image in the mirror distorted. I brought it back to the dealership where I bought the car from. I went on a test drive with the tech and when I pointed out when it was vibrating, he loudly announced that this was "normal", even after I gave him the specific TSB info. He claimed it was "not vibrating enough".

So I didn't argue, just simply took my business to another Mazda dealer who instantly acknowledged the problem and ordered the new $790 mounting bracket (covered under the TSB). After waiting a week for the part to come in, I go back to them, and they replace the bracket. Problem solved? nope...Before I pulled out of the service center garage, I go to adjust the mirror, and I can hear it moving but the mirror itself barely moves. I tell the service writer that there is a problem, and they get a different tech to look at it, and what do you know...the first tech who completed the TSB broke a few clips on the back of the mirror that connect to the bracket. They had to order me a new mirror, which took another week and forced me to make another trip out there for them to repair.

As I was about to leave after this repair, the service writer cheerfully reminded me to rate them 10 stars on their survey!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread