Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.
I can't believe chucklefucks are breaking off studs. I get my pickup done at el cheapo tires, they torque them down, I get a loving tire done on the side of the road and 95% of the time, they finish off with the loving huge torque wrench.

The other 5% I'm at a company shop and it's pretty much this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

warcake posted:

Because truck drivers can't change their own headlight bulbs, they call our breakdown service out which can end up costing over £200 to change one bulb.

I think our "genuine" washer fluid is about £6 a bottle, and if you get charged 0.1 hours to top it up at £100 an hour it gets stupid really quickly.

Not our fault you changed to those fancy projectors with magic crap!

Also here in the states the CSA points to driving with a headlight out it's 18 points.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

some texas redneck posted:

When I got new tires a couple of months ago, the tire jockey walked in and called out "See Ann in the Scion" in the waiting room. Several times. I finally look outside and see my car (my name is Sean, but pronounced like Shawn, Shaun, etc). I walked up to him and said "You mean Sean in the Saturn?". He said no, See Ann in the Scion. I pointed at the car, asked "that car?". Yes. "Go read the logo on the bumper".

Then he said "but you're not See Ann, you said Shawn". I told him "you've heard of Sean Connery, right? How does he spell his name?" You could see the gears in his brain just grinding to a halt, and he said he needed to see my ID before he could release the Sci..Saturn to me. He commented it was a weird way to spell Shawn. :downsgun:

rear end in a top hat hosed up one of my wheels too, it was scratched to poo poo around the lug nut openings, with the openings ovaled out. :argh:

tl;dr idiots are everywhere

quote:

On September 26th, 1992 Nicolas Cage hosted Saturday Night Live. In one sketch Nicolas Cage and actress Julia Sweeney act out parts as soon to be parents deciding on a name for their child. After many of the suggestions by the wife the husband continues to decline most of the names she is coming up with on the grounds that the child would be made fun of because of that particular name. As the husband continues to be more defensive about his own past as being made fun of and continues to dislike the names suggested, a telegram is delivered by an agent played by Rob Schneider. The agent tells them that the telegram is for a person named “Asswipe Johnson”. The husband immediately tries to correct him by informing him that his name is pronounced: “Os-wee-pay”. It is at this time you realize the motivation behind the husband’s scrutiny. This term is often used in a comical way in substitution for a person of which you forgot their name. Basically a synonym for John Doe. The term can be used as “Asswipe Johnson”, or “Osweepay Johnson”.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I'm heading to Salt Lake City too so I feel like it might be extra hard to find a normal person that knows what they are doing.

Define "normal".

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

You will never be this cool again, Subaru.

• Locked thread