Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
The last time I went to a dealership to get work done was just amazing. I had bought a lower control arm from them and it failed like 3 months later so I go back to get a replacement under warranty. So I shop around prices to get the job done (this was before I knew much about cars), and everyone wants too much money. So I end up just having the dealer do it. I go back to pick up the car and the price is 3x the original estimate.

Long story short, they refused to honor the warranty on the part because they didn't have the original part. Because they had discarded it. Yes that's right. They refused to honor their warranty because they had thrown away the part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

CornHolio posted:

Back when we had our Cooper (it was an '03 and I think we got it in '06) I took it to a dealer in Chicago to get some warranty work done. They pointed out that I needed new brake pads and rotors. I asked them to quote it for me, mostly out of curiosity (the car had about 30k on it and I had recently checked the pad linings, all were perfectly fine) and they came back with $1500 for pads and rotors on one axle.

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life.

Holy geez.

Makes me wonder if the small amount of business they get from the people that pay whatever price outweighs the enormous amount of customers who are going to laugh in their face and walk out.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I wouldn't let a dealer change my oil even if it was free and they came and picked up my car and dropped it back off. No freaking way.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

CornHolio posted:

I'd trust my BMW dealership with changing my oil

My local BMW dealership uses water from a hose to fill radiators.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I do that to people with SUV's too. "Yeah that is a pretty sweet ride but I'm just not that big on minivans tbh"

• Locked thread