Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien
a plate of weed is objectively the best appetizer though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

Ah, yes the first dish. A good meal is nothing without a proper app! Let's see how these rookies panned out.

I like what you did with the sorbet. It's just the right amount of chill without coming across as fake and I'm catching a major buzz of the dank nugs. I can't help but feel you mis-stepped a bit picking tna over anime in terms of your entree. Very fatty. Could have cooked a bit longer.

Delicious presentation. The meal truly begins with the eyes, that's what I always say, and my peepers are feastin' right now. Sauteed weed was wonderful, delicious and firm, but not overcooked so as to lose all the THC. Not a huge fan of the dressing, your weed doesn't need any help being chill, and I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to sauteed weed. Overall superb.

Incorporates all the ingredients well enough, but where's the passion where's the personality? Robotic and uninspired. Day one out of LeCordon Liljon culinary school. This won't do. *pushes plate back*

*nods knowingly*

I uhh...didn't realize there were gonna be girls here. *tugs collar*

tao of lmao

Quickscope420dad posted:

a plate of weed is objectively the best appetizer though

and now that i've taken it, you're chopped!

MarksMan

wth posted:

and now that i've taken it, you're chopped!

chopped & screwed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQcwXFJv9y0

les fleurs du mall

by LadyAmbien
*while speaking to the camera after being chopped* They don't 'get it' - how can they call themselves food experts when they clearly have no taste *grins smugly and insecurely*

WindmillSlayer

*im in a darkened room speaking to the camera alone* yeah i dont know what these judges are thinking. TNA is supposed to have fat. thats the point. you strip the fat back and get into the muscle. its like having sex with a fat chick. *wipes brow* im just glad glawyvm made some major missteps. i dont wanna be out in the first round.

*off screen* ha thats also like you haveing sex with a fat chick

Bwee
[see below]

Bwee fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 7, 2014

WindmillSlayer

[see below]

WindmillSlayer fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 7, 2014

i am he

Hm. Well, its an interesting dynamic. Judging food like this, so many things to take into consideration, taste, presentation, maybe more? Enough talk though, let's get grubbin!

First, we have WindmillSlayer, with a, shall we say, interesting? dish. Using a nice rack and big rear end in the same dish? Big points for presentation here, I'm horned up and ready to eat just looking at the dish not even tasting it yet. Hmm.. the taste is.. daring, to say the least.. The dessert fell short, or should I say, "desert," because my mouth feels like one because of these dank lil nuglets she included.

MMmm. Yes, tell me more Cumt. Ya, wow, keep talking about the food while it gets cold in front of my eyes. I love it, wow, yes. Oh? Purple, you say? Because actually, it looks to me like big plate of Western Culture and ideals. Taste is... republican..

Ack! Gee x Cee, is this wax? Whatever it is it smells like grass dawg, definitely need to tone it down a bit next time. I like how you incorporated so many diverse tastes into the dish, it's extremely complex, yet so simple at the same time. It reminds me of my dad's old leather jacket. DId you know memory is actually closely tied to smell? This dish brought me to tears but I don't understand why.

Oh myy gooddd... Quickscope420dad you naughty boy. You've done it again. Color me impressed. Forgoing all the other ingredients in favor of only weed? Wow, IDIOT. I can't wait to eat this. Actually, beam me up Scot because I don't want to eat it. You've really gotten me hot and bothered and I don't know what do with it. On the one hand it's like Dune or The Fifth Element, and on the other its like one of the Star Trek movies? Firefly ended too soon.

Eat it Theglavwen. I made it for you. It's these tiny carrots that are also very limp at the same time. It's sort of like cheetos presentation wise and a wet branch taste wise. Oh, my mistake. Your food is very chill too.

quickscope 420 dad I'm CCHOPPING you hiyah!

Bwee

With all three judges clearly voting for him, I'm sorry to say it, but quickscope420dad: you're chopped!

Now let's move on to the entree round. BYOB, please let me know what four ingredients are in the mystery basket!

• crews

• ?

• ?

• ?

WindmillSlayer

i think i see some crew in there? I cant cook with crew! i dont use long threads in my cooking...

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
*backstage in glorious nipponese*

'Sorry girls, I didn't realize the judges here were so callous. Maybe they don't know you'll all be beaten by your patriarchical fathers and managers when you return to Japan, for the dishonor the judges have inflicted upon you and your ancestors. Still firm but fair, I can't fault that. On to the entrees!'

thewizardofshoe

the smoobles meme

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

irony
or half-ironic pseudo-irony

thewizardofshoe

curry powder

Bwee

You open the basket to find...

• crews

• the smoobles meme

• half-ironic pseudo irony

• curry powder

Your entree round starts... now!

Dotcom Jillionaire

Social distortion
this round will really decide who wins and who goes home.

good luck chefs!

Theglavwen

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Cooking with crews, I'm really out of my element. Never used this ingredient before.

They're long. Long threads. Going to take a while I think. Honestly, I don't know what I'm doing here, so I'm going to have to cut some corners. One of these ingredients is going to have to go. I know it's a problem, but I need the time, and I've got to get something on the plate.

This Smoobles meme is going to have to go. Cutting that right out. I'd never sully my hands by working with a meme anyway. Yup, this Smoobles meme isn't going to show up anywhere on this plate.

So let's see. Gonna take this crew thread here, soften it up a bit, boil it then do it up with some browned butter and rock salt. Gonna make a little nest out of it. Wind that long thread all around the plate, like a bird's nest. Lemme see, think there was a label on it, yeah, Night Crew it said.

Alright, so, it's a night themed dish. I can work with that. New Orleans at night, gonna get some colour, some smooth, chill atmosphere. Gonna ladle in some smooth jazz, just nestle it right into this Night Crew nest here. Mix in that jazz with a bit of smoke, a little mystery. This is shaping up pretty well. Now we'll season it with some spicy curry powder, to give it that kick of danger and intrigue.

Mmkay, we can't just have pasta though, so I'll make up some meat balls. Lamb and Bison meat balls, rich and indulgent and a little wild. Stir in some more of that smooth jazz and there we go. Put those right on top.

So here we go, my New Orleans Night Crew entree with Lamb and Bison mea....no, that doesn't sound good. Gotta give it a better name. Not meat balls, sounds pedestrian. Let's see, all that smooth jazz mixed in there, they're pretty smooth themselves. Yeah, alright, My 'New Orleans Night Crew entree with Smoo Balls'.

Hey, wait a minute, Smoo Balls, sounds kind like that Smoobles meme. Man, after all I said about not getting any of that in there. Boy.

That's Ironic.

treasure bear

*takes smoobles meme out of the basket and immediately puts in in the trash*

treasure bear

Erm yeah so these 3 ingredients, crews, irony and curry powder. I think I'll use a mixed blend of finely chopped crews to avoid that bland one note flavour you get only using one, this is going to be an exciting dish with complex yet complimentary flavours, Nite crew for that slightly gamey taste, work crew for a sort of nutty flavour and a bit of Renagade crew for a bit of a kick. Irony is a strong flavour so I'll have to use it sparingly as to not overpower the other flavours. The same for the curry powder. If my palette isn't up for the task of balancing all this, I'm out.

I'm going to make a crew consommé broth with a hint of irony and curry bread croutons.

I'm wiping the sweat off my forehead the pressure is on, this dish has to be perfect. It looks simple but getting the consommé to clear in such a short time will be difficult.

tao of lmao

Cumt posted:

tao of lmao

*to the other judges* did he just throw out an ingredient? I think he just threw one out.

WindmillSlayer

gently caress. I dont know what to to do with crews. I'll just finely dice them down and hope they get disorganized and disband or something. A little curry powder can add some flavor to the crew but I dont know if it enough.... I wish this was Work Crew. That at least has some substance...

I'm actually going to make two dishes here, the Crew with some curry and white rice for a nice substantial dish. Smoobles and Irony??? No substance.

This is my game.

I blend the smoobles with egg white to make a suspension foam and then realize: I have no chill. I forgot I didn't have chill this challenge. The smoobles will melt down if exposed to any heat there's no goddamn chill. I dont have the time or the ingredients left to change the recipe...

I desperately throw some irony in with the smoobles. It wont make the dish good but it can help congeal into something almost good. As long as the texture comes out nicely it should work as a palate cleanser after the crew.... But we all know smoobles doesn't play well with irony.

treasure bear

I look over at WindmillSlayer's experimental fusion cooking, have I played it too safe this round by sticking to a classic?

treasure bear

Bwee
[lol to everyone. w aiting on geecee]

GEExCEE

Today I've prepared for the chefs a Crews Confit brined in Smoobles and fine herbs, along with a Nazi garnish and curried potato risotto:

cuntman.net

GEExCEE posted:

Today I've prepared for the chefs a Crews Confit brined in Smoobles and fine herbs, along with a Nazi garnish and curried potato risotto:

lol

Peanut and the Gang

by exmarx

GEExCEE posted:

Bwee

Alright, time's up!

Now let's look at our contestants:

WindmillSlayer posted:

gently caress. I dont know what to to do with crews. I'll just finely dice them down and hope they get disorganized and disband or something. A little curry powder can add some flavor to the crew but I dont know if it enough.... I wish this was Work Crew. That at least has some substance...

I'm actually going to make two dishes here, the Crew with some curry and white rice for a nice substantial dish. Smoobles and Irony??? No substance.

This is my game.

I blend the smoobles with egg white to make a suspension foam and then realize: I have no chill. I forgot I didn't have chill this challenge. The smoobles will melt down if exposed to any heat there's no goddamn chill. I dont have the time or the ingredients left to change the recipe...

I desperately throw some irony in with the smoobles. It wont make the dish good but it can help congeal into something almost good. As long as the texture comes out nicely it should work as a palate cleanser after the crew.... But we all know smoobles doesn't play well with irony.

Cumt posted:

Erm yeah so these 3 ingredients, crews, irony and curry powder. I think I'll use a mixed blend of finely chopped crews to avoid that bland one note flavour you get only using one, this is going to be an exciting dish with complex yet complimentary flavours, Nite crew for that slightly gamey taste, work crew for a sort of nutty flavour and a bit of Renagade crew for a bit of a kick. Irony is a strong flavour so I'll have to use it sparingly as to not overpower the other flavours. The same for the curry powder. If my palette isn't up for the task of balancing all this, I'm out.

I'm going to make a crew consommé broth with a hint of irony and curry bread croutons.

I'm wiping the sweat off my forehead the pressure is on, this dish has to be perfect. It looks simple but getting the consommé to clear in such a short time will be difficult.

I look over at WindmillSlayer's experimental fusion cooking, have I played it too safe this round by sticking to a classic?

GEExCEE posted:

Theglavwen posted:

Cooking with crews, I'm really out of my element. Never used this ingredient before.

They're long. Long threads. Going to take a while I think. Honestly, I don't know what I'm doing here, so I'm going to have to cut some corners. One of these ingredients is going to have to go. I know it's a problem, but I need the time, and I've got to get something on the plate.

This Smoobles meme is going to have to go. Cutting that right out. I'd never sully my hands by working with a meme anyway. Yup, this Smoobles meme isn't going to show up anywhere on this plate.

So let's see. Gonna take this crew thread here, soften it up a bit, boil it then do it up with some browned butter and rock salt. Gonna make a little nest out of it. Wind that long thread all around the plate, like a bird's nest. Lemme see, think there was a label on it, yeah, Night Crew it said.

Alright, so, it's a night themed dish. I can work with that. New Orleans at night, gonna get some colour, some smooth, chill atmosphere. Gonna ladle in some smooth jazz, just nestle it right into this Night Crew nest here. Mix in that jazz with a bit of smoke, a little mystery. This is shaping up pretty well. Now we'll season it with some spicy curry powder, to give it that kick of danger and intrigue.

Mmkay, we can't just have pasta though, so I'll make up some meat balls. Lamb and Bison meat balls, rich and indulgent and a little wild. Stir in some more of that smooth jazz and there we go. Put those right on top.

So here we go, my New Orleans Night Crew entree with Lamb and Bison mea....no, that doesn't sound good. Gotta give it a better name. Not meat balls, sounds pedestrian. Let's see, all that smooth jazz mixed in there, they're pretty smooth themselves. Yeah, alright, My 'New Orleans Night Crew entree with Smoo Balls'.

Hey, wait a minute, Smoo Balls, sounds kind like that Smoobles meme. Man, after all I said about not getting any of that in there. Boy.

That's Ironic.

Bwee
Your judges for the second round

Marcus Samuelsson
Prefers Digimon over Pokemon
Thinks David Foster Wallace is just "okay"

Alex Guarnaschelli
Lives in the Bronx but says she lives on the Upper-Upper West Side
Once ate a dozen eggs for breakfast

Aaron Sanchez
Turns into a werewolf during the full moon
Team Edward

BYOB, please choose your character! We need three volunteers for this round to judge the dishes!

GEExCEE

bump

tao of lmao

judging is really fun some new posters should give it a shot!

GEExCEE

bump

treasure bear

the food is getting cold :(

Bwee

Bwee posted:

BYOB, please choose your character! We need three volunteers for this round to judge the dishes!

GEExCEE

Cumt posted:

the food is getting cold :(

lol

Bwee

Bwee posted:

cuntman.net

i'll do it. im marcus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net

bump. dont be afraid to volunteer, people. your post doesnt have to be that great and i guarantee mine wont be. just have some fun typing some words

• Locked thread