Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Because giving internet strangers your address is something that's just common place for us now. That, and goonmeets.

This year Unagi, master of PISS for so many years, is taking a break. I was contacted and, I figured I'd throwdown and help out. Most of this is a direct c/p from last year's stuff.

Important Dates:
Wednesday, November 26 - Registration Cut off: Registration cutoff is the day before US Thanksgiving. You must register before US Thanksgiving.
Thursday, November 27 - Name Distribution: PISSees will be distributed. I don't have to weed through a spreadsheet or type out emails this year, so it's almost instant! So all you Black Friday folks can hit up stores on Friday if you wish! Hooray! You will get an email linking to Elfster, it will say on the LEFT who your PISSee is.
Friday, December 19 - Ship-by Date: Ideal ship-by date. PLEASE do everything you can to have your gift on its way on or before this day. Shipping during the holidays can lag and have lots of problems.
Monday, January 5 - Deadbeat Cut Off: If you have not provided proof of shipping by this date, you will be considered a deadbeat and banned.

To be put into the masses you must do the following:

- Email me at assistantpisstress@gmail.com
- Include your actual name, full mailing address including country, your shipping preference (your country only or international or whatever combination you like) and your SA name.
- Post in this thread

If you don't put your address when you email me, I will email you back because you're dumb. If you don't email me back by midnight November 27th 2014 pacific time, you're out.

Filling out your profile on Elfster is optional.

In addition to emailing me, you MUST post in this thread. In your post please have:
- Shipping preference: No international or International
- A list of your participating pets with a short bio (please keep it under a paragraph), photos optional.
- Favorite toys, foods, treats, etc. If your pet is allergic to foods, say so. If your pet hates certain toys, say so.
- Favorite stores (online too)
- Any specific requests. Such as a specific toy or treat, or if you would rather a donation be made. Please post a link to the organization you wish a donation be made to in your name and any other information
- You may include an optional "do not send" list. Don't want a bag of Ol' Roy showing up in the mail? Say so.

Rules:
- To be eligible for PISS 2014 you must have posted at least 5 constructive posts in PI within the past 6 months but before today, November 7th (no flooding with posts at last minute). I will be using your profile to check this. You may also be a member of PIFB, as long as I can verify that.
- You must register by November 26th, no registrations will be accepted after that. Don't ask.
- We are still doing the proof of shipment rule this year, no proof = you're a deadbeat. When you ship your gift this year you must provide proof of shipment. If you have no tracking number, please EMAIL or PM me a photo the shipping receipt.
- If you hit any speed bumps, have any questions, or need anything at all you can post, email or PM me.
- Gift cards to preferred stores are okay.
- If you have been a deadbeat in previous PISSes, you cannot join in this year. And yes, I do know who you loving are.
- If you will be moving or traveling a lot during a gift time please say so in your email and/or post so that I/your santa knows when and where the best time to send your gift is.

Proof of shipment
You must provide proof of shipment before January 6 or you will be considered a deadbeat and banned. Please simply email me proof. I doubt this will be a problem, but you never know.

Accepted types of proof:
- Tracking number from UPS, Fedex, USPS or DHL
- Photo or scanned image of your shipping receipt with your username written on it. Most receipts have the zip code of the recipient, so this is how I will check these.

I don't want purchase reciepts of whatever gifts you buy. I want SHIPPING proof.

Shipping
Shipping is always a hassle. I know we can't force you to use one service over another, but be aware that you are responsible for what you ship. So take extra steps to make sure everything goes smoothly. Here are some tips:

- Use UPS, DHL or Fedex if available. They offer easy tracking and TRACKING NUMBER IS MY PREFERRED FORM OF SHIPMENT PROOF
- Write the addresses clearly on your box and TRIPLE CHECK THAT THEY ARE CORRECT!! A misspelled zip code can delay shipping for weeks, and a wrong address means no one gets a gift. If you have bad handwriting or don't want to mess up, consider copy/pasting and printing out the address emailed to you and then tape it to your box.
- Pad your gifts well. Use good padding (plastic bags, newspaper, peanuts, etc) to keep items safe.
- If you DO decide to use USPS, keep in mind that they have flat rate boxes that ship for the same price as long as it's under 70 lbs.
- For those shipping internationally, I've had wonderful luck with UPS. Cheap, great tracking and reliable. Just my experience.
- If you are shipping to a PO box, use the normal postal service and not a private shipping company. The prices are outrageous at shipping companies (ex: UPS quoted me $42 to ship to a PO box within my own country with 15 day delivery. USPS was $12 for 3 day delivery.)

Please keep us updated. I will be following the thread to make sure everyone is still staying active. It'd be nice if you posted to let us know your status. It'd be even nicer if you posted once you've received your gift, photos are loved, but it isn't required.

Happy PISSing!

Did I miss anything?

If you have ANY questions, concerns or anything you need at all. Please PM or email me! PIFB sorts are welcome to pm me there as well.

PISS EMAIL = assistantpisstress@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Parpissipating:

The best dog in the world: Balen!

Balen likes stuffed toys, but Amy steals them all. He LOVES carob treats and milkbones. He's an old man these days (he's 9, 10 in May!) and his new best friend is our wood stove. Things like pig ears and bully sticks are hard with his old man teeth, so go gentle on him. He's a great big snuggler. He's the best.

The most insane dane in the world: Amy!

Amy loves stuffed toys but will destroy them in approximately .2 seconds, so don't expect them to live very long. She likes anything she can stick in her mouth. She's super duper bouncy and in good shape because of it. She's a good girl deep down, she's just real high strung.

The exceptionally distracted dog: Kaydasemar'e!

Kaydee is a little scrufflemutt from Japan. She likes pretty much everything except kongs and hard rubber things like kongs. She steals pretty much every toy, too.

The excited sheep chaser: Ireseniatsi

Ires is a little brindle thing that showed up under my car in Texas. She's a fantastic dog with a passion for balls, for stuffed animals and for sheep. She's recently started herd dog training for fun and she's gleeful about it all.

There's also: chickens, quail, snakes, and crested geckos but feel free to not deal with them if you want. Donations, etc are always cool with me too.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Today is the last day for sign ups.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

daggerdragon posted:

EMAIL US OUR PISS MATCHES. NOW, LADY! :catstare:

I'm so excited, I'm going to start shopping soon as I get an email...

edit: For those of you who haven't participated in the past, I'm offering to be a go-between again this year. This means that if you have questions for your PISSee and don't want to reveal yourself, PM/AIM me and I'll ask on your behalf.

MERRY PISSMAS :D

:colbert: I'm gonna wait til friday for you now.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Names will be drawn in 44 minutes. If you aren't in then, you're screwed! Sorry! Robokitty and AITS are good to go.

E: And PISS is closed!

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Nov 27, 2014

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Assignments are now out.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Nerwign posted:

Shoot I'm super upset that I missed this year's PISSMAS!! Can I be on a list as a backup if someone fails or something?

Bummer!! Let me know. Thanks! :)

Sorry Nerwign. But yeah, I'll be sure to pm you if we need re-piss.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Holy poo poo I'm a miracle worker. The tiny dragon actually got there safe. I... I'm so happy about that.

And Q-ball. Oh my goodness he's so grizzlegrumps. :3:

That tiny dragon is fish tank safe, too, if you do still have your fish and you do so choose to submerge it.

WINDY: Thank you! I'll post pictures very soon. Uh.. minus one bag of the little milkbone treats. Because Balen and Amy figured out one of the bags popped. And then that bag magically disappeared except for the wrapper.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

daggerdragon posted:

Okay, so, has everyone gotten PISSed all over? This thread should be wrapping up soon.

:) I'm gonna do the count on Sunday and make 100% sure but I think we're good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Ladies and gents, we are peak PISS. 100%. Well done everybody.

• Locked thread