Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

chumbler posted:

Looks like it could be fun, though there is a whole lot of THIS IS VERY OBVIOUSLY A TF2 CLASS going on in the trailer. Hopefully it stays a fast shooter instead of leveling and buying items for 20 minutes every game, and that they won't fill it with dumb LoL poo poo like massive grinds to unlock things or leveling up or runes. Though they probably will.

The snipers look fun, though. Being a useless piece of poo poo and drain on my team sniper is my favorite part of playing team fpses.

And inflate-a-butt aside, the character designs are neat and varied.

I don't think they're doing MOBA poo poo in this where you grind creeps for a while to get exp and money, but they mentioned something about making the gameplay "less lethal" which really confuses me. Like, I hope to god they don't pull that poo poo Brink had where everyone took a dozen hits to drop even if you shot them in the head with a rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

it doesn't look very good and any interest i might have in the game will be killed when they inevitably announce the bad cash shop it has

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

I don't think they're doing MOBA poo poo in this where you grind creeps for a while to get exp and money, but they mentioned something about making the gameplay "less lethal" which really confuses me. Like, I hope to god they don't pull that poo poo Brink had where everyone took a dozen hits to drop even if you shot them in the head with a rifle.

Well, people seemed to be dying pretty instantly in the trailer (because it's a trailer), so maybe they were just trying to allay fears from people who thought that would be the case in the game? Just throwing them a bone here. A dozen head shots to a kill would definitely suck, but then developers also seem to have decided based on nothing that people hate games where you can die easily.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Someone give me 150 dollars so I can buy this.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

bonermobile posted:

it doesn't look very good and any interest i might have in the game will be killed when they inevitably announce the bad cash shop it has

Yeah, Blizz doesn't have the best recent track record when it comes to cash shops.

I wonder if they'll have the balls to put in a class limit so you don't end up with 4 snipers on your team. And hopefully they stay away from payload-type gamemodes because that poo poo is truly awful.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
seeing as how its a blizzard game expect all of the following:

no all-chat
abilities locked until you level up your hero
game modes locked until you level up your profile
tons of skins
autoaim

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Buck Turgidson posted:

Yeah, Blizz doesn't have the best recent track record when it comes to cash shops.

I wonder if they'll have the balls to put in a class limit so you don't end up with 4 snipers on your team. And hopefully they stay away from payload-type gamemodes because that poo poo is truly awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U7-APV1lio

i'm so sorry, Buck Turgidson. they have payload.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I still dunno if that was intentional or if it was an old model they forgot to take out.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
rear end so phat need a lap dance......

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
:dong:

SunAndSpring posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U7-APV1lio

i'm so sorry, Buck Turgidson. they have payload.

:flaccid:

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
apparently the only modes are capture the control points and payload. so basically my enthusiasm is gone.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

How is CTF not a mode...wtf...

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

lol look at this retard getting mad over video games.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

this game looks cool honestly. blizzard makes some cool character designs but some fail rear end stories, so a game that's basically just the former with shooty action sounds fuckin sweet

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
McIntosh is a national treasure

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Not knowing anything about this guy beyond that rant, he's not entirely wrong. There is a hell of a lot more variety among the male characters to the extent that Hanzo and Reaper are the only relatively normal guys (and also both are incredibly boring in every way), while the female cast has Inflate-a-butt Totally Not Nova, "Please love this mascot" Tracer, a fairly boring techno-angel nurse, and Symmetra who doesn't really have any defining features. I'll definitely give them credit for saying their characters are older than 30 and not all being white, though!

Though I think he didn't notice Pharah is a woman. I am really looking forward to jetpack Samus.

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Jokes aside. I agree.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
It looks really bad,

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

chumbler posted:

Not knowing anything about this guy beyond that rant, he's not entirely wrong. There is a hell of a lot more variety among the male characters to the extent that Hanzo and Reaper are the only relatively normal guys (and also both are incredibly boring in every way), while the female cast has Inflate-a-butt Totally Not Nova, "Please love this mascot" Tracer, a fairly boring techno-angel nurse, and Symmetra who doesn't really have any defining features. I'll definitely give them credit for saying their characters are older than 30 and not all being white, though!

Though I think he didn't notice Pharah is a woman. I am really looking forward to jetpack Samus.

I think he's like Anita Sarkeesian's boyfriend/writer or something, and he has a point in that there could be a little more diversity in body types in this game (although no fatties, either male or female because gently caress that poo poo). But fighting games have a pretty decent variety, IMO, and I think that's why Evo is so diverse in comparison to poo poo like E3 or PAX.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

SunAndSpring posted:

This is super :laffo: but the :lol:est thing about it is that he used a Street Fighter pic to say that all women have the same body type, like wow

E: Like yeah they're all attractive but el oh loving el He's only happy if your grandma and at least two morbidly obese woman are playable.

Mach2 fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Nov 8, 2014

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I would play as a cute little old lady who wheels around a giant machine gun on her little old lady shopping cart, no joke.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I just want to Game.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

her rear end get bigger :eyepop:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Blizzard still p. much owns and I will be buying this or playing it via whatever method they allow for

Iron Casanova
Dec 7, 2012

Visual SHOCK! Speed SHOCK! Sound SHOCK!
The game itself looks fine, but these character designs are terrible.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I think the characters are sufficiently varied in regards to aesthetics and gameplay.

Also

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

rear end so phat need a lap dance......

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

red plastic cup posted:

her rear end get bigger :eyepop:

as does my member

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

I think he's like Anita Sarkeesian's boyfriend/writer or something, and he has a point in that there could be a little more diversity in body types in this game (although no fatties, either male or female because gently caress that poo poo). But fighting games have a pretty decent variety, IMO, and I think that's why Evo is so diverse in comparison to poo poo like E3 or PAX.

a fat lady would be cool, valve almost put an ursula death prophet in dota but they just made her a pretty lady that's a ghost instead

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Characters only need to be different enough to be quickly identifiable by players. Anything more is completely irrelevant from a gameplay perspective.

Also lol at thinking videogames are oppressing people or will ever cause any social change, what a loser.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Did this guy just ignore the heavily armored soldier lady?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

the wildest rear end posted:

Well, you see, this is just Samus with a jetpack, and Samus is a Man with Boobs according to influential pop culture feminist critic Anitoli Sardinia, so this is actually super sexist, you shitlord.

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

the only female character that stands out to me is

she is literally 70% legs

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

the wildest rear end posted:

My bird takes flight

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Looks like they messed up the weight painting.

Like there could be influences coming from her helmet and arms since the butt pumps up in different places gradually.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Nov 8, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SunAndSpring posted:

Well, you see, this is just Samus with a jetpack, and Samus is a Man with Boobs according to influential pop culture feminist critic Anitoli Sardinia, so this is actually super sexist, you shitlord.

It's actually closer to Gatchaman/Battle of the Planets. Bird helmet and everything.

Or it's a reference to the old HB cartoons.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Nov 8, 2014

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Iron Casanova posted:

Oh poo poo, Optimus Primal is back.
I click the link every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
Oh hey, another derivative Blizzard game with bad/"low-end friendly" cartoon graphics.

• Locked thread