Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Pernicious Kreb, Scrunthold, The Scene of the Ruckus

Kreb is aware that Pelt is currently all huffed up on paint fumes, and likely feeling no pain, so uses this opportunity to rifle through the belongings of those scrunts involved in the ruckus.

This is not a metaphor, he actually opens fire with a barrage of laser blasts aimed directly at the currently undefended campsites. Relevant skills Ballistic Skill:50 and Lasgun Barrage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, Scrunthold, The Burning Region

Kreb's aim held true. Past the sight of his gun, tents burn, the air is filled with the stench of cooking skin and petroleum fumes. Before anyone can figure out what happened, and who to blame, Kreb scampers into one of the tents.

Inside, Kreb probably should be horrified at the discovery of the corpses of a family of scrunts, wounds still faintly glowing and smoking in the darkness, but his addled brain is still fizzing with the joy of destroying things.

He discovers, as he goes to loot the corpses, that fortunately it wasn't a family of scrunts at all, but rather a number of overstuffed bags of trash. Unfortunately, as he looks through the bags of trash, he discovers that they do in fact contain, between them, a dead family of scrunts.

Kreb wastes no time, he whips out his shiver-shiv (an overclocked metronome that was once used to murder an amateur bionic orchestra by overloading them, it found its way to Kreb after being flushed down a toilet in his home city. When linked to a laspistol battery it vibrates at the resonant frequency of most alive stuff.). He uses it to secure a number of beards to later weave into his mullet-beard. Due either to his diet or to his general deformity, Kreb never developed a beard or really any hair at all, and uses the beards of his enemies to hide his shameful chin.

The burning trash in the tent does not fully explain the smelly smells Kreb smelled earlier, and so he leaves the tent to investigate.

He finds his answer up against the wall of the scrunthold. His lasgun shots penetrated the tents completely, and struck a number of non-descript barrels stacked up against the wall. They bear the grubby handprints of many scrunts, and the scars of many failed opening attempts, but Kreb's lasgun punched clean little holes in them. Holes, some of which leak some variety of thickened fuel gel, others which leak a kind of greasy meat gel; supplies for the colonization effort. Only the refined tastes of Kreb can discern the difference between the two, and both are highly flammable. Kreb ignores this issue and begins to suckle at the teat of one of the barrels. Whether it is fuel or meat grease, only Kreb knows.

Kreb is ingesting substances unknown

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, The Barrels

Kreb scoops up a mouthful of the thick green mixture and tastes it. It tastes good. It's kind of pasty, but it has a nice vegetable sweetness and is full of vitamins Kreb has never tasted before. There's only one thing wrong with it:

There's nothing wrong with it.

Luckily, the barrel of leaking reactor coolant runoff provides the answer. Just being near it tickles Kreb's nose, eyes and tongue. The taste/sight/smell of home. He dashes in to a nearby tent and finds an empty can in one of the trash bags. The dead scrunt in the bag wasn't using it anyway. Kreb holds the can under the trickle of reactor coolant, then under the slightly slower trickle of thick pea soup. He mixes it with a dirty finger, then begins to chug it down.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, The Dropbox

Having left Pelt to haul all Kreb's miscellaneous stolen crap to the pod, Kreb sneaks ahead to scope out the population of the pod. What Kreb tends to look for in a person is A) whether they have nice things, and B) how likely they are to be killed by laser blasts. Kreb sees a lot of group B, but not so much of group A. The other notable scrunts of the group have nice things, but Kreb feels like they'd be fairly tough to kill, and besides, he might need them later to use as shields or to mooch off of.

To pass the time, Kreb asks Pelt, through the medium of hissing and pointing, to pass him a heavy, damp burlap sack.

The sack contains a series of bent tent poles, misshapen wheels, and a hosed up tiny shape that is still large compared to Kreb. After a certain amount of setting up, and the location of a properly shaped barrel and fuel source, Kreb begins to cook:

As he (poorly) roasts the hosed-up tiny wolf, Kreb makes direct eye contact with Gumbo and leers. He has also woven the scraps of dead scrunt beard into his own.

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 10, 2014

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

that is probably the most amazing thing i've ever seen

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, Ground Zero

If there's one thing Kreb knows, it's hiding like a coward and then using unfair tactics to murder things bigger than himself and take their stuff. Though this land is unfamiliar, strange and disgusting, Kreb's keen eye can discern analogues in this world for things in his own. Those strange leafy things are nothing but large, disused sewer pipes. Those rocks; a hillock of petrified turds. The pit in the floor; a shittin' hole of the finest, deepest variety.

Kreb formulates a cunning, cunning plan, and begins to convey this to the other scrunts via the medium of screeching, diagrams drawn in the dirt, the drugged mumblings of Pelt, and a great deal of pointing.

Kreb holds up a couple of frag grenades, points to the large pile of rocks next to the other, non-pit road. He mimes putting the grenades in the hill and an explosion. Then he pushes Pelt on the floor and then pretends to be driving, and bumps into Pelt a number of times, probably more than is neccessary to convey the idea.

Then, using his sharp little teeth and claws he tears the arm off a dead scrunt, and scatters blood around the crash site and throws the arm into the road. Then he points to the dead scrunts, then to the buildings, the road and the rest of the crash site and does a general 'spread out' gesture then pretends to be driving and frightened.

He burrows into the wreckage of the pod and comes back with the skull of the tiny hosed up wolf and some torn cloth. He puts the skull on his head and acts like a scary monster. Then he takes off the skull, points to it, then points to Grumb, then points to the road and pretends to be scary again. He is very enthusiastic about Grumb doing this.

Kreb points to a tree, mimes chopping it down with his laser, mimes sharpening the tip, then pretends to dump it into the large pit. He mimes pooing into the pit also. Then he takes a branch and lays it over the pit. Then points to Grumb, points to the pit, then mimes being scary again.

This explanation naturally causes a lot of confusing among the general scrunt population, so through a number of larger diagrams, and some translation work from Pelt, it's established that Kreb wants to cause a rockslide to block off the other road, create a diorama of carnage to attract attention to the other road, have Grumb dress up as a scary alien beast who did the murders, cut down a tree and sharpen it into a large stake, dump that down the hole, poo into the hole (???), disguise the hole, then have Grumb lure the chimera from the road into the pit where it will fall onto the stake.

As added history, Pelt explains "Well, uh, y'see, uh, the thing is one time, back home, brrt, vree, ffffssshhhh, Kreb done in an ogryn by dressin up as a ghost and s-s-s-s-scarin' the oggy inta fallin down a toilet 'ole and landin on a spike."

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Kreb hastily revises part of his plan. He believes that by tying ropes to the log before putting it in the hole, they could use scrunt power to pull it back out again. Then the log could be pulled out of the chimera, then reversed and put back in to form a scrunt battle spike.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I dunno, I mean he said that the APC crew won't leave the chimera willingly, at best we'd get out the PDF squad then have to fight them and the chimera at the same time. I still think we should trap it in the hole then pull it out once it's dehumified, using our horde of hundreds of scrunts.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

There'll be a helpful giant stake to arrest their fall, plus then we can pull the stake out and reverse it to give the chimera a giant ramming spike

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

We could cover the pit with scrap metal, so they drive over it, then remove the scrap and have all the scrunts charge at once so they reverse back into the hole and the stake goes through the weaker rear armour

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

If we cut a hole in the side of the chimera it'll be the same amount of damage as just luring it on to the spike, and if we end up with scrunts fighting inside the tank, especially with firebombs, it'll end up damaging the interior, and cogitators and drive linkages and poo poo are harder to replace than armour plating. Remember, the inside of the chimera isn't armoured against explosions, it relies on the outside of it to protect it. It depends whether you wanna end up with a tank with a hole in it, or the burning shell of a tank with a hole in it. Throwing firebombs inside hatches is a historically reliable way of burning a tank to poo poo.

The rockslide is just to prevent them heading to the crash site by the road without a hole in it. There are two roads that lead to the crash site, and we want them down the one with the buildings.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

yeah but dead dudes and like chairs burn pretty well

Pernicious Kreb, Slammed Sector

Kreb sees Dak Rugby's Hallucinogen grenades, and formulates a new idea. From what he conveys, it involves having Grumb dress up as a dead alien, lie in the road, then when the PDF open the doors to come and take a look, someone throws a hallucinogen grenade into the tank, hopefully getting the PDF as they leave, then Grumb jumps up and scares them out of their drug addled minds and chases them into a firing lane past the buildings, where Kreb and the other shooters will be waiting to blast the humies apart.

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 12, 2014

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, Argumentation Station Zeta

Kreb, unused to compromise or mediation, finds himself finally understanding the principle of it: he can lie to everyone else about liking elements of their terrible plans, while actually making them do his plan. He explains the modified plan, detailed below, to the massed scrunts. However, he still insists that Grumb dress up as an alien and dance in front of the tank. He also hisses at Grumb for good measure.

Well we can combine the plans, we can deploy 'treasure' outside as a decoy, I think that's more likely to lure them out than a scary alien which they might just run over. Then we hallucinogen bomb the tank when they open up. Then once the PDF squad is out we could firebomb/chase them from the opposite side of the road to the buildings, sending them towards the buildings where the firing lanes will be. We could also send Urok into the tank if the PDF squad leaves it open, and he can CQC the crew with hopefully minimal damage to the tank itself.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Didn't scalded say earlier that if it looks like actual trouble they'll probably stay in the tank rather than get out? I think we're safer luring them out with something interesting/valuable/weird than like active hostiles.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, Shoulder of Grumb

Pernicious Kreb flails and bites and scratches like a cat about to be washed. Pelt tries to help, but his arms are too full of Kreb's assorted possessions for him to be much use.

"Daauuuh boss I thought we was goin to the buildins to shoot guns uuuuh why you not goin to the buildins?" Pelt asks.

Kreb is trying to convey, through the medium of interpretive freakout, that really the ranged guys should be in the buildings to provide fire support

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I'm fine with Kreb being manhandled if Grumb doesn't mind developing some sort of horrible disease from Kreb bites sustained during it.

Our plans all seem to have congealed into one giant frankenstein plan, that said, the ranged folks should probably support from the buildings rather than the bushes

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, Lurking

Kreb is still a little bit hissy towards Grumb, like a cat that's been tricked into a cat carrier, but as soon as the glow of flame and the smell of cooking skin fills the air, he realises he's happier here than he would've been over in the buildings, and his hatred of Grumb diminishes just a little.

Kreb signals to Pelt, who is currently enraptured in the smell of burning paint, to begin Operation Run'n'Gun. Kreb props the barrel of his extremely phallic weapon on Pelt's shoulder, Pelt grips the barrel, and they run like demented crabs through the bushes, Kreb firing wildly as Pelt tries to keep the gun facing the PDF.

I'm using my run'n'gun which I think lets me do a double move to get everyone in view and make a single shot attack against the sarge. I'm not really sure how to roll it, if you could do it this time Schlong I'll try and do it in future. Next turn, in case poo poo happens and I'm not here, Kreb and Pelt are gonna stay still and aim then unleash a full auto barrage using the lasgun barrage skill against whoever is closest

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, Shitshow on gently caress Mountain

Kreb, blaming Pelt's drug addled shaking for his failure to hit the mark, has Pelt lower the gun to the ground so Kreb can sit behind it like a mounted machinegun. He aims down the sight and lets rip with a full auto burst of lasery death into the crowd of PDF berserkers.

Kreb is going to use a half action aim, for +10, then make a full auto burst attack with it, for -10. His motion predictor sight adds another +10 that.

So if I'm doing it right then that's BS 50 +10 -10 +10, aka 60. I rolled a 7 (holy poo poo!).

Thats 1 degree of success for not failing, another degree of success for not moving this turn and using full auto fire from my Lasgun Barrage skill, and then 5 extra degrees of success for rolling 53 under 60. I think.

7 total, so 7 rolls of 1d10+4, with pen 1. I rolled: 10, 14, 6, 9, 12, 6, 9 (each already including the +4)

I'm hoping I did all this right, and if it did it seems like Kreb should hella kill dudes

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I should say at this juncture that it'd be a horrible idea for groin to pop his smoke

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, Dropsite Massacre

Cackling with foul delight at the screams his las beams provoke from within the cloud of smoke, Kreb stares down the long, hard length of his lasgun, past the blunted tip, where in the smoke cloud shapes still move and struggle. One shape in particular is far too large to be a scrunt. Kreb takes aim, grips the hilt of his weapon, and pumps away, loosing it's potency at the back of his opponent.

Kreb half action aims and fires semi auto. BS 50 +10 aim +0 semi auto +10 scope -20 smoke = 50. I rolled 38.

38 vs 50 = 1 degree of success (semi auto only gets one extra degree per 20 I beat the roll by) +1 from lasgun barrage so 2 hits for 1d10+4 each, I rolled 13 and 14. I am now fated to roll like poo poo in every other roll in this game.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I did an action last page, although I don't know if it's relevant anymore or if it needs to be changed. If the sarge isn't a relevant target anymore can I use this action to try and shoot a burst through the open back of the tank?

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Pernicious Kreb, Dropsite Massacre

Cackling with foul delight at the screams his las beams provoke from within the cloud of smoke, Kreb stares down the long, hard length of his lasgun, past the blunted tip, where in the smoke cloud shapes still move and struggle. One shape in particular is far too large to be a scrunt. Kreb takes aim, grips the hilt of his weapon, and pumps away, loosing it's potency at the back of his opponent.

Kreb half action aims and fires semi auto. BS 50 +10 aim +0 semi auto +10 scope -20 smoke = 50. I rolled 38.

38 vs 50 = 1 degree of success (semi auto only gets one extra degree per 20 I beat the roll by) +1 from lasgun barrage so 2 hits for 1d10+4 each, I rolled 13 and 14. I am now fated to roll like poo poo in every other roll in this game.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, Blood Blood Blood

Kreb lowers his gun, pointing to Pelt and gesturing with severe eyes for him to guard it, and scampers out of the buses like the wall-crawling dead toilet baby from Trainspotting. He reaches the assorted corpses and begins to feast on their super-heated gore.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, The Fatal Feast

Kreb, now fatted on gore, has finished his grisly banquet. He was sure to eat the eyes of all his opponents, to bind their souls to him as servants in the scrunt afterlife, sucking them from their heads with a toe-curling pop. He hasn't tasted meat this good in a long time, although the lack of maggots in it did somewhat affect the flavour.

While possessed of a kind of base, animal cunning, Kreb is a simple creature, and has really only two priorities in life: Food and Loot. Now that food (and a kind of metaphysical loot) is finished with, it's time to move on to the more concrete sort of loot. He signals to Pelt, who is currently scraping paint from the chimera's outer hull and attempting to smoke it using a piece of scrap and the chimera's cigarette lighter, to begin gathering the spoils of war into the traditional pile.

Kreb is aware, but unhappy, that he will have to share this loot. He also calls over the helpful wheelbarrow scrunt, to prevent any of the other untrustworthy scrunts from stealing anything before he can steal it.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, The Great Conclave

Kreb quivers with unclean delight at the fear he has inflicted upon the Quartermaster, and sets about picking through the loot. He mostly focuses on the weaponry, looking over the lasguns for bits he can pull off with his grubby little hands and somehow affix to his personal weapon.

Kreb is looking to make modifications to his gun, either in terms of power or in terms of aiming ability. He'd also quite like some more explosives and a hat.

Later, as Kreb heads towards the excited masses, he begins to feel faint. Something is very wrong. The air on this world is disgustingly thin. There's just no... substance to it. No smoke, no vapours. It's like how water would be if it didn't have any sludge or grit in it. Just nothing at all, like the hellish vacuum of space.

He heads woozily towards the retro-rocket forge, and inhales deeply of the fumes of industry. It sates him, almost. There's still something missing. This smoke is just one note in what, back home, was a symphony. Atomic, biological, chemical, home had all the good pollutants. And this place won't feel like home until those old friends are here.

Some time later, Pelt staggers over to the gathering. His drug-addled twitching is oddly attention grabbing, and after a moment of being stared at by curious scrunts, he speaks:

"Uh, s-s-s-ooooo, Kreb, he got the gun, sed to say that he sez he wants me to say that he wants to say that he wants to get to some per-lution. The good stuff. Like p-p-paint shavins, but from a factory or a... place..."

He trails off into staring into space, and makes an expansive gesture with his hands to try and indicate what he means, but it's really not clear what that is or whether he even knows what it is he means.

Kreb's priority here is to find a good, healthy source of varied pollution. His preference normally would be to find somewhere dark and deep with plenty of hivers to kill and loot, but currently the most pressing issue for him is the lack of vital nutrients in the planet's air. So he probably won't mind what people do, so long as it gets him closer to his lifeblood (gross stuff).

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, Retrorocket Forge

Kreb, enticed by the heady aroma of internal combustion, scampers over to the puttering chimera. Pushing through the squabbling masses, he finds what they are fighting over. Turns out the PDF crew had recently 'reclaimed' some valuable imperial tech that had been looted from imperial armouries by the severans, then counter looted by the fleeing imperial guard forces. Naturally this impels Kreb to join in with the squabbling and grabbing.

He bites many hands in search of his goal. Many of the hands hold nothing but blood, and some hold things that Kreb doesn't really want. A couple of gunsights? Kreb has one already. A funny metal heart? Kreb has a heart already, he thinks, and if he doesn't then he's gotten on fine without one up to now. When he bites the right hand, he knows it. The hand drops something blue and glowy, held inside a funny metal casing. It vibrates with barely-contained power and Kreb is sure he can taste, or see, metal as he holds the thing to his face.

On closer inspection the thing has a trigger, and a sort of nozzle that looks exceptionally complicated and dangerous. It's also got the imperial chicken sign on it, which means its probably better made than most things Kreb has ever seen. He immediately skitters off with his prize, screeching loudly as a warning to those who might try and take it from him.

It doesn't take him very long to attach it to his hosed-up multilaser, although it may be on the wrong way round. Kreb cackles with foul delight as he contemplates what it will look, smell and taste like when he fries his first victim with his new toy.

Returning to the Chimera, Kreb pauses to hiss briefly at the prisoner, then sees about setting himself up on one of the mounted weapons.

I'm not sure whether the guns on the Chimera need heavy weapons skills or ballistic skill, so I don't know where kreb would fit best.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, The Scruntmera

Though the warm, smelly interior of the Scruntmera may provide a more familiar environment for Kreb, his position at the gun turret does have its benefits. There's the obvious comfort of a gigantic gun at his fingertips, but also the gentle rain falling from above reminds him of the leaking, overhead sewer pipes he once scurried beneath. The orange sun hanging low in the sky gives the strange new world the look of being lit by the great promethium furnaces of home, and Kreb feels at peace, or at least as much as a creature like Kreb can feel at peace.

The farm ahead is an unfamiliar sight. The concept of agriculture is one that has passed Kreb by, his homeland being entirely lacking in agri or culture. Kreb lived life hand-to-mouth, and then when he was done with that, foot-to-mouth, then face-to-mouth, and once he'd polished off the entire corpse sometimes he had to live rat-to-mouth. But he knew where his food came from, and it wasn't a weird place like this. He sees the servitors and the farm machines head and does not understand them at all. Perhaps they kill the soil until the green blood of the earth shoots out?

Regardless, the whole concept makes him uncomfortable when before he had been at peace, and Kreb tends to want to kill things that make him uncomfortable. He aims down the sight of the chimera's gun, and is struck by an idea: a damaged farm machine would lure the humans out to fix it, and out here in the flat fields they would be so vulnerable. They'd have to open the door to come out too, and if scrunts are good at anything it's slipping through the doors the world has tried to slam on them.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, Multilaser Heaven

Kreb sits at the turret, eagerly eyeing the swarming masses inside the chapel with glee. He swings the turret back and forth, deciding who to shoot. It's almost impossible to pick, he may never have the chance to shoot this many humans with a gun this large again. But almost impossible isn't impossible. His animal instincts demand he be somewhat selfish in this scenario, and so he aims for the crowd nearest to himself and opens fire with a steadily rising cackle that becomes a strange, honking screech.

Kreb is using a half-action aim (I'm assuming I can still aim with a vehicle weapon? 50 BS +10 aim -10 full auto = 50, I rolled a 26, so 1 degree of success for succeeding, then 2 for beating it by 20, then another one for lasgun barrage, so 4 degrees of success which I think is 4 hits if I recall. I'm aiming at Squad 2 and just generally firing at them not aiming for the boss. Unless that's a horrible idea with the good roll I had I'm not sure. Kreb wants mass murder more anyway.

For damage I rolled 28, 25, 17 and 15 with the 2d10+10 multilaser, which also has pen 2 if that's relevant.

Here are all my rolls for this post

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 22, 2014

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, The Scruntmera

While perhaps this chimera's multilaser lacks the easy familiarity of his own personal tiny, hosed-up multilaser, Kreb can't help but feel overjoyed as the thunderous laserfire emanating from the turret over his head slices a number of healthy young farmhands into smouldering chunks on the chapel floor. In fact, the feeling of killing with such impunity from inside this metal box fills Kreb with a feeling of godlike power and invulnerability.

He'd once planned to make himself an impenetrable suit of armour from the ceramite sewer-pipes of the aristocracy back home, but when he tried to crawl inside one to check the sizing his freakish little head became stuck fast, and he had to wait until the Earl had a particularly heavy dinner of exotic, spicy food for enough pressure to build up to send him shooting out like a hideous, off-green cork.

Compared with that, sitting in the Chimera is practically intoxicating, although only in the metaphorical sense as there probably isn't enough room left in Kreb's polluted blood for any more tox.

So when Kreb sights the PDF nerds and their ugly leader pulling out rocket launchers, the one thing that could potentially put a dent in Kreb's new home, he becomes more than a little upset. He vomits thrice in rage, befouling the interior, then swings the turret round to blow the mutants all to hell. The bad mutants, that is. Not the good mutants.

Kreb is firing into the PDF squad, and thankfully the tank stalled this round so we're still still, so half aim action, full auto burst, BS 50 +10 -10, I rolled 41 so one degree of success from not failing, then one from lasgun barrage, 2 hits at 2d10+10 damage each, I rolled 27 and 28 on damage. Pen 2 if that is applicable at all.

Here are my rolls, ignore the most recent one, I can't add up and thought I got 3 hits

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, Riding the Lightning

The righteous bolt of electricity loosed into what Kreb passes for a chest is fortunately (for Kreb at least) mostly blocked by a combination of stolen beard hair, stolen shoulder plate and the resilience born of being disgusting. Nevertheless, Kreb does not feel so good. He's been hit with shock batons before, and this was far worse. It's a small blessing that all the explosive chemicals he'd ingested earlier (from some grenades he'd mistaken for eggs) had been puked up in rage, or else that jolt might have set him off like a blight bomb.

Through woozy eyes Kreb peers down the sight of the multilaser, and prepares to fire back. He aims for the squad of bastards who poo poo him up so badly and unleashes hell.

Kreb aims and fires at the PDF squad. BS 50 +10 -10 -10 = 40, I rolled 77. RIP.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, Scruntmera

Kreb hates missing. It means something that should be dead is not dead. A violation of the natural order, as perceived by Kreb. Things that aren't Kreb are killed by things that are Kreb. So it is, so it always has been. The universe must be set back in order. Kreb takes aim and fires.

BS 50 + 10 aim +10 short range -10 moving chimera -10 fatigue -20 running yeestealer = 30. I rolled a 16

16 is 10 below my check, so 1 degree of success for winning, 1 for lasgun barrage, 1 for the 10 below so 3 hits.

For damage I rolled 20, 18, 15

Rolls here

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 7, 2015

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

fixed it

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, Why'd It Have To Be Snakes?

Kreb goes from elated to irritated in the span of maybe two seconds. He'd felt joy at nailing the genestealer with two lasgun shots, but found only sadness when the wily creature ducked under the barrel of his gun. But the creature had forgotten: this chimera has two guns. Kicking and flailing, slipping in sick, Kreb scrambles his way to the pintle mounted storm autogun. He wheels it round till the barrels are practically pressing into the creatures alien flesh. Naturally, he fires.

Kreb is moving to the pintle and firing the gun. BS 50 + 30 PB -10 fatigue -10 firing into melee -10 full auto = 60. I rolled 33.

I get 1 DoS for success, then 2 for rolling 20 under, then one for the fluid action upgrade. Storm means I get two hits for every degree of success, so a wacky 8 hits from my 4 DoS.

1d10+3 impact damage with 0 pen. I rolled 12, 6, 11, 9, 6, 8, 9, 11 for damage

My rolls

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

-Fluid Action: Slathered in scrunty lube to ensure smooth firing. Semi- and Full-Auto attacks automatically have an additional DoS.?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Sorry dude, looks like Who What Now's gotten confused.

Technoscrunt pls update Chimera statblock with the actual rules for fluid action

i have been misled noooo essss bueeenoooo

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, Scruntmera Interior

Kreb, his metaphorical thirst for blood sated, sets about tackling his literal thirst for blood. He scoops up the remains of the snake he stomped on and crams it into his mouth, letting the juices run down his chin and into his false beard, then leaps screeching from the scruntmera, onto the corpse of the yeestealer. He cuts off a couple of the yeestealers tentacles to incorporate into his beard, then runs off towards the unexplored silos with his prizes clutched in his despicable little hands.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, Towards the sheds

Kreb pays his stomach no mind; he's no stranger to belly-rumbles after a good (bad) meal. As he capers towards the sheds, Pelt bearing his multilaser behind Kreb, he spots two young scrunts running excitedly towards them from out of the sheds, their ugly little faces fixed in what he can only assume is excitement or fear. Kreb tries to get their attention as they pass, but his maddened hissing and croaking just seems to make them run away faster. He disregards them, and scuttles with renewed vigour, hoping to be the first to whatever it was the little scrunts found.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, The Barn

Kreb, upon being rushed by the barnful of scrunts, does what his survival instincts (and possibly that strange, buzzing new voice in his head) tell him to: puke everywhere and draw down. Unfortunately the only weapon he hasn't forced Pelt to carry is his shiver-shiv, a weaponized metronome powered by a lasgun cell. Even more unfortunately, his guts are still full of a scrunty soup of tyranid worm dna.

He flicks his shiv on, the sharpened metronome becomes a buzzing blur. The mechanism shakes the rest of Kreb too, and really the last thing anyone wants to see is Kreb vibrating. Wisely, the other scrunts afford him a wide berth.

Kreb looks back and forth with wild eyes, evaluating the scrunts around and the scrunt in the cage. The deformed, piebald angel inside Kreb says "New friends!". The devil, which looks remarkably like Kreb, says "Kill them and take their stuff!". A third voice says "CONSUME BIOMASS AND REPRODUCE" but Kreb tries to disregard that.

Eventually, the voices inside Kreb come to an understanding, and Kreb decides it's probably best if he doesn't kill the scrunts, because he might need them for a uh... cult he thinks? Kreb has a shaky relationship with his thoughts at the best of times.

The scrunt in the cage is shouting, and that fundamentally irritates Kreb, and the fastest method of stopping the shouting that does not involve murder would probably be to let the scrunt out of the cage. He heads over to the cage, brandishing his vibrating knife.

Kreb is going to try and free the caged scrunt

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, Up to No Good

Kreb is feeling strange, which is worrying. Kreb's normal is so far from normal that his strange is well... really very strange.

Usually his little scrunty mind works on a fairly simple basis, as shown in this helpful flowchart:

However, for the past few hours he has been beset by strange new urges. The angels and demons of his nature have been shouted down by a new, spookier voice.

CONSUME BIOMASS AND REPRODUCE

Consuming biomass is, admittedly, one of Kreb's specialities, but he's not even sure how to reproduce. He doesn't even know that he was reproduced. Most of the other scrunts he knew growing up tended to think he came into being fully formed, congealed from the filth of the underhive. Kreb felt this a likely option, given that his first memory was indeed being fully formed and waking up in a pile of trash. But then again he has had a lot of head injuries over the years, being mostly made of head.

So he decides to work on what he knows: consuming biomass. Murdelia had a nice set of brains that she was poking at. Surely brains constitute biomass?

But perhaps she will be guarding them? Perhaps she intends to consume them? Kreb will need to be prepared for that, and this time just murdering someone isn't an option. Fortunately, among the pile of recently licked loot, is a strange needle pistol, that Kreb gathers is perhaps for not killing people. There are also some strange leg-robot-things. They could help with speed, right?

Kreb wiggles into them, and sends Pelt off to be a distraction.

Some time later, as Pelt is repeatedly asking Murdelia "Ey, ey, got any drigs?", a tactic often used to irritate and confuse, Kreb comes charging out of the shadows, robotic legs completely out of control, brandishing a pistol and screaming.

He crashes into just about everything in the ward, upending tables, knocking over those weird kidney-shaped special surgical dishes, sending instruments flying everywhere. When he finally falls over, he rolls about on the floor, trying desperately to cram the assorted brains into his mouth as his leg-calipers continue to attempt to run. They carry him round in a circle on the floor, his arms flailing, trying to grasp the delicious, delicious brains.

Kreb wants to eat some infected brains. The leg calipers have gone horribly wrong.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, unconscious

Kreb is roughly jostled from dreamless sleep by being thrown bodily from a parked chimera. He doesn't know who stowed him in it, or where he is now, but it doesn't really tend to matter to Kreb where Kreb is or how he got there.

His first order of business is to check whether anyone stole his things while he was asleep. Everything seems to be in order, aside from some decorative, rhinestone studded stitching on his torso that spells out 'LIL POOPER'. Fortunately for Kreb, he can't read. He picks the rhinestones off himself and eats them. A voice in his head booms THAT IS NOT BIOMASS but Kreb tries to ignore it.

It's taken up till now for him to remember the events prior to his unconsciousness. He had been trying to eat a buffet of brains, but his legs had disagreed with him and then a disturbingly powerful lady scrunt had manhandled him to a large extent. Still, he feels a lot better now, so maybe she wasn't all bad. But she had taken away those tasty brains. So maybe she was all bad. Kreb will have to decide on things later.

His stomach growls when he thinks of the brains, and he realises how hungry he is now.

To try and resolve this, he scrunts along to Grimply and screams incredibly loudly, while jabbing a finger at his own open mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Pernicious Kreb, Disgusting

There's just not enough meaBIOMASS left on the human's leg for it to be worth gnawing on anymore. Kreb cracks the bones open, noisily slurps out the marrow, and then casts the wreckage aside. He notices the scrunts nervously staring at him, and he hisses at them. It startles them into pretending not to look at him, but given the general eye setup of the average scrunt, it just means they're now staring at him with the eye they hadn't been before.

Kreb clambers like a cat with dropsy over the press of scrunts and winkles himself into a place by a viewport.

He spots the bunker outside, and yelps with excitement. It's been too long since he's been somewhere grimy and underground. Plus there's a funny smell coming from it. It smells like home... or something new? The two halves of Kreb's brain can't agree on what it smells like, but it smells, and that's enough.

He screams and thrashes until someone ejects him from the chimera, and he scuttles towards it, on all threes, using one of his hands to drag his multilaser behind him.

Kreb is going to the bunker

• Locked thread