Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung - Breaking loose

As the limousine hits a bump in the road, something seems to give and the limo's trunk pops open. A cloud of smoke bellows out for a second to reveal a coughing, sputtering creature who's first reaction to the sudden onset of sunlight and fresh air is to vomit out the back of the still moving vehicle. After doing what passes for composing himself, he shouts out loud to nobody in particular "Whazzit da gently caress with this stupid fakkin trunk. Pilot lights make bad welding torches ya pack of ijits, why'd ya make cut myself out of that shitheap?."

Seemingly oblivious to the impending danger Mungly scampers from the open trunk and tumbles into the skylight of the limo, with his mecha rats following behind him. "Whazzit with all the glum faces?" he asks to the nearby technoscrunts. "Yall's acting like we're bein' chased by a tank."

When the others in the car inform Mungly that they are in fact being chased by tanks, he panics momentarily. Throwing himself into the front seat he becomes a whirling dervish of elbows, teeth, and flying cyber rats until he gets himself situated firmly in the driver's seat.

He calms himself down enough to pay what amounts to attention to the other's shoutings, and when he hears Gumbo suggestion a diversion he shouts back "HOW'S THIS FOR A BIG MESS YOU DIRTY FAKKER" as he jams on a pedal he thought was the gas. When nothing happens he stops for a moment, consults the cheat sheet written on his cloak, and pushes the correct pedal in an attempt to burn out down a side road while kicking up as much dirt and poo poo as possible.

Doing a operate vehicle test to try and create a diversionary path and kick up as much poo poo as possible to bring the attention of the tanks. I've got +5 to operate from my flak cloak and I'll spend a fate point if I'm going to critically fail and crash into a tree or something.

Edit: My Operate Vehicle(ground) is at trained if that wasn't obvious.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung - Man Scrunt On The Run

Not convinced that his ruse is going to be much of a distraction, Mungly breaks his next plan into action.

Mungly shouts to the techscrunts in the back "Oi ya daft fukkers grab my talky box and bring it up here." A few sharp words and thrown tech-rats later a grubby scrunt without any clothing drops the talky box in the passenger seat. The limo swerves wide as Mungly's attention switches over to the device, the naked scrunt screams and claws at the wheel to keep it on the road.

After a few moments Mungly has dialed in what he thinks is the right frequencies and throws the talk-stick into the back. "Allright ya fakkers, sing 'em the song of our people. "

Rolling tech use +10 to use my signal jammer. My thought being that if their comms get scrunted they may pull back either because they think we're leading them into an ambush, or just because OH GOD MAKE THE SINGING STOP.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung - In the Tunnel

Now clear of the danger of the tanks, Mungly turns his attentions back to the tunnels and staring out into the darkness, having long since given up the steering wheel to the nude scrunt who was panicking earlier. Mungly snaps to attention when he hears a shotgun go off over the other sounds in the cab of the limo. He delivers a sharp "Sssshaddup ya nincompoops" before snatching his talky box away from the techscrunt in the back. He taps on his trusty AwwGRR array that he worked into his hosed up mechandrite arm and interfaces into it to techsmell down the corridor that Groin scurried back from before the caravan gets rolling back to life.

-----------

At the farm

After spending so much time in the trunk of the Limo, Mungly couldn't be happier than to be able to ride back in the comfort and reek of the passenger cab of the limo. While he spent much of his time staring vacantly at the other trucks, it did give him some time to think in between more bouts of vacant staring. When the limo finally lurched to a stop at the farm Mung hopped out and immediately got to work.

First course of action was to inspect the tanker. "Gots ta' make sure that the big tank o' fire is intact." he thought as he scrambles up the side of the tanker. First things first though, he kicks his AwwGRR back on to try and techsmell through the tanker walls into the contents to make sure he doesn't have any unfortunate surprises waiting for him. He hears Grumb shout something at him about the walkybox seat and brushes it off, thinking to himself I'll just throw a cinderblock in there later to sit on or somefin.

Before he knows it, Mung starts contemplating getting a sample of what's in the tank to test what it is.

----------

Going to take an augur array reading of the tunnel corridor as we drive past.

First order of business at the farm is investigating the tanker, doing an augur reading of the contents of that as well. If the Augur results are inconclusive then a tech use(+10) or Forbidden Knowledge(Archaeotech) roll to try to get get a sample and figure out what it is. Assume I'm using foresight on the farm rolls since 20 minutes in narrative time measured in days is kind of chump change.

If you all want weapon mods done now is the time to speak up.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 26, 2015

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung - Gasmaster prime
Click for music

Mungly was ecstatic. his AwwGrr showed him something that he was not aware of. Turns out he has a tanker full of liquid fire and a compartment filled with something else (he hopes more liquid fire). He drinks several additional handfuls of promethium in celebration before sealing the tanker back up and scrambling back down the side and setting to figure out how to access said auxiliary tanker. It didn't occur to him that he doesn't actually know how to open it until after he climbed down and started hitting the auxiliary tank with a wrench. If'n ist jus a big can with goodies inside it, he thought I can just open it like my favorite cans of food. He thinks nostalgically back to his time before landing on this planet and getting canned meat from his parents branded Unfit for human consumption because a'course it was ment fer scrunts, not 'umans, stupid.

Mungly snaps back from his daydreams and figures he's going to need someone what's good lookin at stuff to figure this out. He drops his wrench, which lands with a dull thud and a sharp squeak on top of one of Mungly's rat servitors, and looks around for a scrunt with a more in-depth knowledge of staring at things than himself. He feels himself getting all giddy until he sees Gumbo out in the yard slapping one unfortunate scrunt out of a small huddle huddle of his comrades and thinks to himself gently caress dat guy, he'll know about it last. He spits and flips him the bird before scanning the crowd again. Regaining his vigor, he spots Gimply disembarking from the vehicles and runs over to him to grab him, completely oblivious to the fact that he grabbed the unfortunate scrunt by the throat.

"HAY GIMPLY I GOT A THING I NEED YAS TO STARE AT CUS YER GOOD AT LOOKIN AT THINGS FAR AWAY HOW ABOUT LOOKIN AT A THING WHAT IS CLOSE AND HELPIN ME FIND THE WHATSIT TO OPEN UP A HOLE IN THE TANK 'A LIQUID FIRE WHAT MAYBE HAS SUM UNFIT FER CONSUMPTION MEAT IN IT!"

After getting his message across, Mungly lets go of the tiny scrunt that he was choking and runs back to the tanker.

---------------

Calling a lookscrunt to help me get the smuggling compartment open. I'm unable to do any more perception checks to find it, but I may still be able to do assistance rolls of tech use or something to find the switch.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung - Gasmaster prime

Mungly has a few fuel-based twitches while listening to Yurik's assessment. Obviously disappointed by the fact that he has to drain the tanker before he can loot it (and by Yurik's disdain for guzzling promethium), Mungly's stomache groans a bit in protest as he starts to gather any techscrunt that's not distracted by the ongoing oblong kickyball game going on and rounds them all up to the tanker. His head is still buzzing from the fuel he drank.

"Awwright ye lot, we gots this 'ere fuel tank we gots ta get empty afore we can get to the goodly bits inside of it. Get yer..." his words are cut off by the groaning in his stomach growing louder. It appears the fuel he drank is not agreeing with the soap he took from the farmhouse bathroom for breakfast. He lets loose a rancid, raucous belch and releases a soapy fuel fume bubble the size of his head. Mungly stares at it in wonder before getting a bright idea. He turns on one of the pilot lights of his hosed up double barrel flamethrower and jabs it into the bubble dancing around above his head. The bubble bursts into a flash of light and the foul smell of fumes, smoke, and burned soap and digestive juices fill the workshop. A handful of techscrunts break into applause as Mungly continues talking.

"Sorry 'bout that. Had a spot a' gas, heh. An'ways, we gots ta empty the tanker. Get sum empty barrels and whatsit containers we can find. Go ahead an' top off the vehicles so'n we got go juice for the next scrunt day out. Get afew big barrels and we'll start filling 'em up. We needs this ta run tha cars, so I wants yous to to only set aside one barrel for scrunt drinkin. Lets get ta work you lot and we'll start getting these vehicles right proper fer scrunts after we get to tha goods."

-------

Untrained command check to try and get the tech scrunts motivated to help me drain the tanker, +10 for peer. If that doesn't work, I'll get angry and try to do a trained intimidate check to coerce them into helping me, again +10 for peer.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 29, 2015

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung - Dazed and Confused

Upon hearing the keypad slid into place, Mungly dropped his end of the barrel upon the toes of another tech scrunt as he turned and ran back to the tanker. He shouts "THAT'S MINE I SAW IT FIRST"as he shoves Yurik aside. He takes note of this new new and interesting development before realizing that he probably doesn't know the code for the pad.

Mungly sighs in disappointment as he turns back to the psyscrunt and picks him back up off the ground. He then reaches down and picks up a clod of dirt and rubs it on Yurik's robes to replace the dirt he knocked off when shoving him. "Sorry bout that, got a bit too 'xcited 'ere. Whatchoo get a code from them smarty papers ya ate?"

At about the same time Groin slaps Mungly in the back of the head, jabbering something about un-legging his arm or something, to which Mung properly ignored to say to him instead "Hey, yer good at nickin' stuff, whachya make a' this security whatsit guardin' the extra tank in this 'ere tanker?

Mungly slaps his cloak a couple times looking for his last resort: his trusty lascutter. does not do that because he doesn't have a lascutter. Instead he scours the shop and digs up a discarded cutting torch. If these two can't get it open, he'll do it the Mung family way: Smash and grab.

------

Giving Yurik and Groin a shot at getting the auxiliary open. If neither of them are able to I'm going to start laser cutting.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 1, 2015

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Groin owns the lascutter. As far as I am aware you do not have one.

Eh, replace lascutter with welding torch and my answer is still the same. Worse comes to worse I'll steal borrow Groin's face lascutter to open it.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 1, 2015

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

The Big One

Mungly's jaw drooped even wider than normal when the compartment slides open and the glow of radiation lights his skin up. "The Big fire..." he says to himself in scrunty awe.

It was about that time that every scanner and alarm in the immediate vicinity started sounding radiation alarms. Mungly pops out of his trance with a loud fart. Radiation was a fact of life for pretty much every scrunt, but this was beyond anything he seen on his home planet. Time was ticking, so he set about to the most pressing emergency.

"Gawdammit Groin I herd ya, an' I can't think with yer yammerin. I said I'd take alook at it didn't I. Lay yer rear end down here in the glow'a tha big fire and hold still."

Mungly shoves Groin to the ground and starts dropping rat servitors on his face and limbs. He gets to work with his hosed up little mechandrite arm and the makeshift tools bolted onto the rat servitor's heads to de-arm his leg hole and re-arm his arm hole and vice versa. While this operation goes on, Mung occasionally turns his head to study what he can from the Bomb

-------------------
Some Time Later

When work is finished on Groin, Mung sighs in satisfaction at a job well done. He stops to contemplate what the noise he's been hearing for the last while was when he suddenly remembers why he was so concerned earlier: The Radiation!. He checks his awwgrr array radiation readout and finally comprehends the situation at hand. "OI poo poo LADS, WE'S GOT A SITI-ATION HERE. DIS poo poo IS SO HOT IT'S GUNA GIVE YER TUMORS OTHER SMALLER TUMORS WE GOTS TA GIT DIS poo poo SEALED BACK UP."

Mung scoops up as many of his rat servitors as he can and hurls them at the tanker, following along shortly thereafter. He pulls the glovebox panel Groin just spiced apart so he can get to the wiring and sets about to get the electronics back to working again. The rat servitors would bring him the cabling he couldn't reach and both rats and Mung only occasionally eating some of the wire sheathing or electrocuted themselves while working.

----------------------
Potential narrative gap if something goes bad re-sealing the tanker goes here
----------------------

After sealing the tanker

After that crisis is hopefully averted and the radiation alarms mostly quieted, Mung sets about the next order of business. What amounted to the old lead techscrunt has taken to peering off into the distance more vacantly than normal, picking at his belly button, and vomiting at semi-random intervals so Mung did the first thing that came to mind regarding him: Namely ignore him completely and convincing the other techscrunts that Mung is the new boss.

Mung goes around collecting the loose scrap and guns to consolidate what he has on hand to work with in regards to the vehicles. Among his search he discovers a block of uneaten explosives that Scurrellious left in the Chimera when he disembarked and a tech-priest-y looking axe that was sitting unloved in a corner. Mung pockets both of these for himself, taking some time to examine the axe in question for anything out of the ordinary, since in his mind's eye 'techpriesty types like multi-purpose toolweapon poo poo an it's probably a weldin' torch or servitor prod or a talkin stick what helps me talk to the tank-spirits or some such poo poo'[.

After a while of looking back and forth between the vehicles, Mung gets the bright idea for some modifications and brings in the other techscrunts, chasing stragglers with his newfound axe if the situation calls for it. He gets the oily, fuel-drunk bunch into a huddle and starts talking plans:

"Right you lot, we got some modifacations to do on the 'hickles. First thing first, that Sentinel is kinda slow an' pokey compared to the otha vehicles an' all its weapons are short range. I wanna pull that 'eavy flamer offa it and we're gonna put it on the Tauros. The Tauros is faster an' can get in and burn poo poo right quick and get out before it gets retaliated on. That also means we're takin' that grenade launcher offa the Tauros, but I don't know if we wanna mount it to the Scruntinel a'cause I know Grumb wants ta claim it and 'ell wanna put his big cannon on it. So hold that grenade launcher in reserve an we'll decide what to do with it later."

"Now, asince 'at Tauros is gon be in front takin a lot a heat, we're gonna weld on some scrap on ta make some 'blative armor and try an' scrunt up something we can use as an anti-grenade mesh."

"On the Chimera, I think we're doin' good on it. Though if'n we need ta protect our poo poo we can weld some scrap on to protect the tracts from gettin all hosed up. If'n I talk to Grumb an he doesn't want it on the Slam Scruntinel 'en we'll weld that grenade launcher from the tauros to that empty hull hardpoint"

"Speakin a' the grenade launcher, I got a plan ta use it ifn' we don't find any more grenade shells for it. I worked on a schematic fer it...."

"I fink we can turn this grenade launcer inta a big shotgun an fire that silverware and nails and poo poo we've been finding round ifn we run out of the boom shots. I'ma be workin on prototypin' this poo poo when we get the other vehicle work done."

"An' one more thing, I don't want none a ya getting near that tanker for a while. I wanna make some sorta suit ta not make myself glow when exposed ta it first. Then I need ta techsniff it some and see ifn I can figure out how big a boom it'll be an' how we're gonna launch it."

"An thats 'bout it, lets get ta work lads, keep outa tha way of me techrats else I'm gonna bash ya somefink fierce."

The techscrunts scatter, some banging hammers together or going back to drinking promethium, others at least nominally acting like they are going to help. Mung wanders off to find Groin and Yurik individually and takes time to tell them "Oi fellas, this inquisition funbox prolly has a thing ats relevant to our new acquisition an we gots ta try to get it open. When I get done scrunting up our new vehicles we outta put our thinkin and stealin skills together to try and nick whatever is in the box, wiv any luck we got something tasty inside like paper or electronics." After getting his message across, he scampers back to the shop to get to work on the work he set out to do.
-----------------------------------

Big scrunt for big revelations and also getting the next several in game days of scruntwork laid out. Priorities are as follows, assume I'm using my techrat servitor assists and foresight whenever applicable.
1) Groin's armleg
2) Seal the nuke back up (SPEND FATE POINT ON THIS IF I gently caress IT UP OH GOD)
3) Gather unclaimed loot laying around in the yard. Take the axe and the demo charge from the techscrunt formerly known as Scurrellious. INSPECT AXE FOR TECH RELATED THINGS. If it is completely mundane in function then add custom grip.
4) Weapons modifications on vehicles: Heavy flamer to Tauros, Tauros GL to empty hull hardpoint on Chimera if Grumb does not want it on the slam scruntinel. Weapon mount for Grumb to stick his autocannon on in that case. If Grumb rather wants the grenade launcher then that on the sentinel instead.
5) Ablative armor and anti-grenade mesh (if available) for the Tauros.
6) Track Guards on the Chimera.
7) Get with Groin and Yurik W/R/T getting the inquisition box open
8) R&D on Tauros GL Shotgun Canister shells
9) R&D on some rudimentary lead-based radiation suit to keep me from getting turbocancer and dying before the next combat.
10) Research on :siren:THE NUKE:siren:, or at least as much radiation as my scrunty frame can tolerate. Want to try and figure out Payload, Destruction radius, fallout, and potential ways to weaponize it in a way that's not going to atomize all of us (I.e. Can we load it onto a stolen Manticore missile and launch it at some unsuspecting chump?)

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 10, 2015

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

The Yard

Mung and a gathering of techscrunts stand in the yard of the farm, watching the scruntinel writhe and whirl and gronk on the roof. He hocks a lugie and sighs "Well lads, reckon we should prob'ly leave 'im alone, he done lost his marbles. He'll tucker 'imself out eventually and we'll make him pilot that fucker back down or it can stay up there indefinitely. 'Till then weapons projects are on hold." Mung makes a mental note to take the time to urinate in the scruntinel once it does come down as punishment.

As he starts leading the techscrunts back to the workshop, he makes the new plans out. "Get the plasma forge fired up an' start meltin' down scrap. We're gonna at least make some defensive whatsits for the vehicles. "

After getting the forge fired up and the techscrunts to smelting. Mung makes a detour to Murdellia, acutely aware of keeping his distance from her less he wind up as batshit as Grumb. "Hay doc, I'm needin ya ta make something what to help wiv radiation exposure if'n I'm to get this goatfucker huge missile prepped for anything and avoid havin' my poo poo glow in the dark" He gets a grunt and a shake of her hand to indicate she heard him before he scrambles back to the workshop.

------------------------
Plans for the next two days as time permits:
1) Track Guards for Chimera
2) Anti Grenade Mesh for Tauros
3) Ablative Armor for Tauros
4) Balance of time on shotcannon shells.

No rush orders, -25% work time due to Comrade servo arm, minimizing overtime work on fatigue if I can help it.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 19, 2015

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

The first morning

Mung woke up in what was once the fuel container of the tanker with a startle. He had a vivid dream:

quote:

From the top of a mountain he could see the countryside for kilometers around. Small villages littered the landscape and even a military outpost could be seen in the distance. From the outer edges the horizon he could see the telltale plumes of smoke and soon fires burned on the horizon. They grew quickly and engulfed all in their way. First the military base, he could hear the pops and bangs from the distance of ammunition, fuel, and tanks cooking off. The fire rapidly approached the villages. He could hear men, women and children screaming as their livelihoods and soon after their very lives were snuffed out by the now raging inferno. The world was a burning hellscape and he alone was the sole survivor. An aircraft flew overhead and dropped an object over the inferno that was once the military base. The world turned a brilliant flash of white as the explosion consumed all that remained, including scrunt mountain.

One of the techscrunts peered at mung from the hole into the fuel tank. "S' everything awwright boss? Ya were gigglin' an cheerin and whatnot in here." Mung picked himself up and blinked at the techscrunt in confusion before saying "Nah, jus' the same thing that happens every time I close my eyes. Get me outta here so I can get my day started"

After wrenching himself out of the fuel tank, Mungly goes about his daily routine. He makes himself some scrunt coffee by scraping the burnt, leftover remains of last nights dinner off of the pots and pans into a dirty mug, filling it with promethium from one of the fuel troughs, and mixing the two thoroughly . Mung drank his coffee as he walked around to the back side of the building where a couple of tech scrunts had already set up a ladder to get to the scruntinel. He finished the last of his mug with a large swallow and bashes the mug into the roof, alerting the other techscrunts to his presence. He shoves his way into the huddle of scrunts, walks past them and to the passenger compartment of the scruntinel which was laying prone and tangled in what he assumed was the worlds toughest weather vane. He inspects the damage that Grumb did chewing and smashing the controls and figures it really doesn't matter, no point in fixing if if that daft idiot is just going to break it again. Head now buzzing from the breakfast fuel, Mung stands up, unzips his fly and lets loose with a stream of urine into the passenger compartment, only getting some of it on his cloak and pants and most of it in the now vacant scruntinel.

His business done, he turns to the other techscrunts. "It'll live, but I don't care to unfuck that guy bein' a crazy idiot. If'n he wants it down he can get it down 'imself. We got poo poo ta do, lads, lets get to it."

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

The Counter Ambush

Mung was not terribly pleased when he started hearing murmurs of a counter ambush. They're coming to steal what we done rightfully stole ourselves, he thought to himself as he starts thinking about his action plan.

He doesn't have long so he only has enough time to accomplish one thing. He looks around the workshop to see if he can find some leftover pesticides or farm chemicals he can add to a barrel of promethium to make it burn slower and for a longer period rather than instantly cook off the moment it hits a spark. It was better for his plan if it burned out of control for longer...

To keep from causing a panic, Mung just grabs just one other techscrunt for help. "Oi lad, we's gonna set up a right burny trap if'n case someone comes tryin to nick our stuff. Get two shovels and we'll bury this at the 'ole in the wall"

--------------
Some time later

Content at his attempt to bury the barrel, Mung starts into the next step of his plan. He takes a wheelbarrow and loads it up with trash from the scruntinel ramp and any old tires he can find that aren't currently attached to a vehicle. He slapdashedly assembles the tires and trash as a ramshackle barricade over the buried barrel of promethium to form a waist high mound of trash that anyone wanting in will need to scramble over.

Mung then pulls apart one of the tauros flame grenades to get to the detonator in it. He attempts to rig the detonator to a tripwire on the backside of the trash pile so that coming over the pile will step on it and trigger a promethium, trash, and tire fire to keep them from advancing on our scrunty flanks.

After his work is done, he scrambles into the chimera and plugs in his hosed up MIU into his shoulder and he waits for poo poo to pop off.

--------------

Untrained Trade(Chemist) check to try and find a farm chemical to add to the promethium to slow down the rate of burn. No matter the result after that, tech use +10 to set up a trap at the wall breach using the detonator out of one of the tauros flame grenades as the ignitor. I'm trying to set this up with as few of scrunts as possible to minimize my exposure as a leader.

After that, I'm getting in the driver's seat of the chimera in the workshop, leaving it purposely turned off and not joyriding so as to not attract attention to it.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

The Counter Ambush

Mung awoke in the driver's seat with a startle upon hearing his trap go off. It means either one of the scrunt children set off the booby trap and he now has to yell at the witless parent, or the humans had come to try and nick the nuke they done rightfully stole. It was time to start acting.

He turns out the back of the open chimera and shouts "Oi lads, anyone who's not too busy shittin himself outta get any fuel back in the tanker, we're gonna need ta leg it proper quick once we're done shootin' up tha place. Just get the fuel from tha workshop, don't go outside to get it."

Mung turns to the signal-jammey talky box to his previous recording when they were on the run from the tanks and blasts it out on all channels. If they are listening, Mung will make sure they get an earful.

Mung then turns the ignition in the chimera and winces as the MIU kicks on and fills his vision with the phrase DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED over and over. He wasn't quite sure what it meant; he may have to look at that later. He raises the back door into the closed position and gets the engine roaring to life.

-------------------

Consider my first action to turn on the signal jammer and start the chimera. The OBVIOUS HEY YOU ARE BEING JAMMED signal is horrible scrunt singing on all channels of all people in range in range.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

In the Chimera

Mung realizes the flaw of his plan when the signal jammer doesn't immediately turn on. It takes a minute for the jammer to fully charge to where it'll broadcast. He leaves his techrats to fiddle with the jammer while he gets to work.

He hears the shouting from the back window and sees humans. Mung, being far to cowardly to run out to confront them, does the next best thing: Driving the chimera through the wall to run said troopers down.

----------

You didn't say anything about it in the update re: my last turn turning on the chimera, so I'm running on the assumption that the chimera is now on and I can attempt to kool-aid man through the (assumingly corrugated tin) walls to get at the drop team 3. +10 for MIU interface, +5 for armor cloak.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 17, 2015

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I am an idiot who just deleted a game post completely by accident.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 31, 2015

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Placeholder post goes here as I may not have time to scrunt before Tuesday. If I can't post properly by then I will continue to be an idiot hellfucker in my attempt to end this one persistent jerk who lived through my doom grenade. Full action ram attempt to try and run him down and / or smash him between my armor and the building and / or put him underneath my treads. I'm not picky. Technically I'm probably still shouting incoherent nonsense from the turn before.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

In the Chimera

Mung was deeply pleased by the sound of the blinded soldier's final screams before being crushed by the hydraulics of the rear door that it reminded him that Mung himself was still screaming and now that the immediate danger was gone, couldn't remember why. Screaming turns into hoarse manic giggling as he jimmies the gas a bit and sees red smears emerging from underneath his vehicle.

He looks at the tech rats and begins to speak, "Ya did good laddies with the door, couldn't think of a better way to..." before he is cut off again by the sound of a aircraft overhead. He turns back to see another squad of troops rappelling down just a handful of meters away. Mung shouts the first thing to come to mind out loud:

"AW HORSE poo poo"

The tech scrunt jams in the gas pedal, there's more guys there than he thinks he can run over so he opts to do the next best thing: line them up to shoot at them. He forgets to raise the back door, instead letting it drag his last victim along with him as Mung maneuvers to get the vehicle back in the hole in the building and facing the new assailants.

When reversing the Chimera back into the hole whence it came, he looks out the back and wishes he didn't. Some metal monstrosity was pounding is way too the farm house and shaking of the scruntmob like a bad case of fleas. He also sees Murdella running vaguely in his direction so he does the best he can think of to grab her attention: turning the search lights on the new squad of humans and honking his horn.

Phone scrunt. Basically just repositioning the Chimera back into the hole in the wall I made with front armor facing the new squad. Leaving the back door open so Murdella can climb in and shoot mans. Turning search lights on and lighting up the new squad. See two posts ago for vehicle stat block because :effort:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Italics description of what you're actually doing, please. At present it looks like you're getting equipped with: multilaser which is locked front forward and can't do anything because you don't have enemies in front of you.

I mean, she can overwatch the front while I try to reverse into the troops behind us.I'm sure if they think I'm driving away that fresh squad will come back to the hole to try and flank.

Edit^^^ Don't forget the bonus for being point blank and as a reminder to DJF of the scatter rule at point blank.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Aug 30, 2015

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung
Hot Tankin

Mung thought he had the PDF troopers on the dead to rights with the lights on them and Murdellia hopping into the gunner seat, but by the time Mung looked back at the squad they had apparently hosed off elsewhere. 'Ah well,' Mungly thought, 'At least they aren't sniffing around the tan...

His thought was cut off when he seen movement in his rear mirror. Apparently another squad of humans showed up intent to steal the booty.

"Fack" He shouts to his new gunner, Keep an eye on the front if'n case them jerks come back around, let me work on this."

He jams the vehicle in reverse to run down the squad behind them.

---------------------------
RAM THEM JERKS. Operate Vehicle (ground) +10 from MIU and +5 for armor bonus. Fate point to reroll if I fail.

Going to keep the lights focused on the hole in the wall in case Squad 4 comes back around so Murdellia can shoot at them.

code:

LOOTED PDF CHIMERA THIRD CLASS, CODENAME "Tanngrisnir"
TYPE: TRACKED
CRUISING SPEED: 40KMH (70KMH WITH ADEQUATE FUEL SUPPLY)
TACTICAL SPEED: 15M (i.e. you can move this far in a half-move combat action)
MANOEUVRABILITY: +0 (i.e. add this to Operate tests)
SIZE: Massive (i.e. it's easy to hit - +30)
MAX STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY: 35
CURRENT STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY: 33/35
ARMOUR: Front 30, Side 22, Rear 16
BASE VEHICLE TRAITS: Enclosed, Rugged, Tracked Vehicle, 3 firing ports per side (left/right)
CARRY CAPACITY: 1 Driver, 1 Hull Gunner, 1 Pintle Gunner, 1 Turret Gunner, 12 Passengers
MODIFIED VEHICLE TRAITS: Enhanced Motive Systems, Extremely Volatile (i.e. it moves fast in combat but blows up easier!), Search Light,
Pintle Gun-Shield, Camo Netting, Smoke Launchers, Frag Defenders, Track Guard

ARMAMENT:
Turret (360 arc): Multilaser (150m | -/-/5 | 2d10+10E | pen 2 | clip 100 | reload 2 Full | Reliable)
Hull hardpoint (45 arc, front): Nothing
Pintle (360 arc, gunner exposed): Storm-Autogun (100m | 2/6/20 | 1d10+3I | pen 0 | clip 60 | Reload 2 Full | Storm, Fluid Action*, Quick Release*)

*Customizations:
 -Fluid Action: Slathered in scrunty lube to ensure smooth firing. Semi-Auto attacks automatically have an additional DoS. Increases reload by Half Action.
 -Quick Release: Magazine well is also slathered in scrunty lube. Reload is reduced by Half Action.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Sep 4, 2015

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung
More Hot Tankin

Mung yees in frustration at the thought of the bewildered Sevran clinging to the side of his baby. How dare they try to steal scrunt tactics for getting into a chimera. Lucky for Mung the human didn't have a lascutter attached to his face to make the plan flawless and has settled for trying to throw minimally effective grenades instead.

That just won't do.

Like a bad itch on your back (or, depending on the scrunt, a bad itch on your feet, butt, top of the head, or itch of the small intestines) Mung decided it was time to get the militia to help him scratch it: and by "scratch" he meant "with lasers and lead". While filing away the idea of a lead and laser based back scratcher in the back of his mind, Mung makes an attempt to maneuver the vehicle in such a way as to both try and jink the human off of his hull and also deposit him in position to be shot by the militia.

--

Drive check to try and both jink the grabasser off and also maneuver over to where the militia has a clean point blank shot on him. +10 for MIU, +5 bonus from armor.

Addendum question: If dipshit tries to krak me again next round, won't he be at -40 for the attack? He is technically on a vehicle that moved it's full speed last round and is also attacking a vehicle that moved it's full speed last round. Never mind that both are the same vehicle.

Edit: Also, the Chimera doesn't have anti grenade mesh, the tauros does.

Edit 2: Statblock edition

code:
Critical Effect: Turret locked forward position

CURRENT STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY: 29/35
BASE VEHICLE TRAITS: Enclosed, Rugged, Tracked Vehicle, 3 firing ports per side (left/right)
CARRY CAPACITY: 1 Driver, 1 Hull Gunner, 1 Pintle Gunner, 1 Turret Gunner, 12 Passengers
MODIFIED VEHICLE TRAITS: Enhanced Motive Systems, Extremely Volatile (i.e. it moves fast in combat but blows up easier!), Search Light,

ARMAMENT:
Turret (360 arc): Multilaser (150m | -/-/5 | 2d10+10E | pen 2 | clip 100 | reload 2 Full | Reliable)
Pintle (360 arc, gunner exposed): Storm-Autogun (100m | 2/6/20 | 1d10+3I | pen 0 | clip 60 | Reload 2 Full | Storm, Fluid Action*, Quick Release*)

*Customizations:
 -Fluid Action: Slathered in scrunty lube to ensure smooth firing. Semi-Auto attacks automatically have an additional DoS. Increases reload by Half Action.
 -Quick Release: Magazine well is also slathered in scrunty lube. Reload is reduced by Half Action.
[/quote

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 10, 2015

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung
Driving me closer, I want you to hit him with your sword.

Mung can't quite seem to shake the dirty fucker who wants to give his chimera a Krak grenade enema, so he does the next best thing: Drive it to the people who can shoot and/or hit the guy off.

Spending my full turn to move chimera to a position where the guy can be shot by the most amount of small guns and/or stabbed as possible. Someone finish him so we can exfiltrate the farm.
code:
Critical Effect: Turret locked forward position

CURRENT STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY: 29/35

ARMAMENT:

*Customizations:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Mung heard the taletale thump and splatter of the grabassin' human first getting knocked loose of his precious vehicle and then getting fragged by militia fire. For a second Mung was sure he was going to have to reassemble the exhaust port on the chimera but thankfully the grenade bounced wide.

Just like clockwork, once the danger had passed the tech-rats squealed and beeped in triump as they finally get the coms jammer brought online, scrambling the coms of a bunch of corpses. Their victory cry was cut short when Mung interrupted their chatter "Too late there kids, ya done got it workin' a day late and a crown short ya furry idjits"

Mung brings the vehicle to a stop and opens the back hatch to clamber out while a few of the other combat scrunts scrambled in. His tech rats followed along, doing their best to haul the coms scrambler along. Mung protected his precious big fire and it was clear he wasn't interested in a protracted chase with the remaining militia members.

Mung surveyed the chaos wrought in the last few precious minutes. If the nuke didn't turn the farm into a radioactive shithole then the flaming wreck of the weirdo dreadnought certainly did, and the rain wasn't going to help things along. The talky strangescrunt seemed to be doing an allright job ordering the techscrunts around the flaming wreck of the walker, so he left him to that while Mung worked on other priorities. They were going to need to vacate the farm in short order and the scrunts needed to get their loot packed away.

Including the stuff that needs looted off the corpses.

Already soaked through and miserable with rain water, Mung goes from corpse to corpse collecting what's left of intact gear from the dead Severans and gets it all brought into the workshop. As Mung passes the first corpse he grabs one of the microbeads off the body and puts it on, wondering what is being said about the farm that isn't in military code

--

Taking stock specifically of any notable weapons/gear/armor scraps I can salvage off of dead soldiers, gathering them up in the workshop as part of THE LOOT PILE.

Second order of business is getting as much fuel loaded back into the tanker as possible, I'll mobilize any techscrunts that aren't on Yurik's radioactive scatter program.

While this is going on I'll loot a comm bead or if there's a they brought one that still functions a Vox and passively listen in to Sevran comms to see if anything is being said about us that I can understand. I'm going to have a bad roll at it though since I don't know military lingo: This may be a point where I study up on whatever comms I can pick up and spend exp to learn it, still haven't decided if I want to or not.

I'm specifically staying out of the dreadnought business unless brought into it in character since we've probably got enough scrunts investigating it.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 22, 2015

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Mung groaned and complained loudly. On one hand he was happy to find a burst lasgun and a pair of melta bombs, however all this rain he's exposing himself to gather and load the fuel would qualify as the first shower he's had since boarding the vessel to bring him here. He needed something to work on to distract his mind from the water...

While looting the bodies of the soldiers, he hadcome across some microbeads that still worked and tried to use it to listen in on the retreating soldiers, but quickly lost interest when he found the channel to be dead. Now that he had a moment to work his brain, he decided it would be a good idea to key their new coms devices to something that isn't actively being used by their enemies. Mung breaks into a sprint back out into the rain and finds that jerkoff crazy rear end in a top hat of a gunner thinking he was going to hand some out. He shouts out "Oi you daft wanker, whad'ya think yer doin' wiv those?" as he attempts to snatch the microbeads back. "Those are still on the 'umans frequencies. Do ya want to advertise where we are to them?" the shouting and grabbing continue until the gunner finally relents and allows Mung to run back into the shed, safe from the rain.

--

It didn't take terribly long for Mung to key the microbeads and vehicle comms (for the ones that have it) to what he called THE SLAM CHANNEL if they were to leave tonight in the night they will need short range coms going to keep in touch with each other to keep from getting lost. Mung keeps a bead for himself passes a few of them out, leaving one or two left for scrunt limo drivers. After this, Mung moves on to the next project...

--

Mung had one more fuel tank he needed to account for and he didn't really have a good way to transfer it to the truck. By this point it seems the other scrunts had roused the civilians and things were looking like they were getting ready to leave. The mild paranoia endemic to being a scrunt started to kick in: what if some idiot heavy gunner leaves evidence of what happened here? Why is that walking exploded metal monstrosity's parts starting to liquefy?

There was one answer to these questions: it all had to burn.

That last tank could be sacrificed to hide evidence. Mung rallies the techscrunts, gathering barrels to fill with fuel and sending some to find something long enough to act as a long fuse. It doesn't take long to fill several barrels and shove them around. He sets one barrel in each of the buildings, sloshed around enough to catch the nearby area on fire and piles the rest of it around the dreadnought in an attempt to blow it into small flaming chunks. Mung let's the civilians take their share of human meat for the road before piling the rest of the corpses, both human and scrunt, into the farmhouse to burn with it.

--

Out in the rain, Mung find a few of the other military scrunts out milling about herding civilians. He rounds a couple up and speaks his mind;

Oi fellas, we gotta think 'bout how were gonna move the vehicles. All this rain is going to make it muddier than a good scruntbrawl competition an we need ta plan round that. The Chimera is tracked and the sentinel walks and the tauros is an off road vehicle, so those won't have to much grief. However, the limos and the nuke tanker are gonna have fits with the mud. We got to have our good drivers manning both a' those to keep from getting stuck or worse. Is there anyone aside from me an Groin that can drive well enough ta do that?

--

Big phonescrunt.

First order of business: looting the triplex pattern Las, the melta bombs, and a knife.

Second order of business. Gather all our coms equipment and get it broadcasting on a new, different channel. We are probably going to need it to communicate where we're going on the farm and rain. I'm also under the assumption that our military vehicles (I. E. Not the limos) have comms devices I can key into microbeads. I'm thinking this is routine tech use but if you think it should be easier / harder I'm not going to argue.

Third order of business, the extra fuel tank. If we can't take it with us, it can cover evidence of us. After civilians take what human meat they want for the road we are putting all the corpses human or otherwise in the building. Going to rig up the buildings to burn and put whatever is left towards blowing the dreadnought the gently caress up.

Lastly, we need to talk about how we are organizing our migration, this might be a conversation for the ooc thread. Namely we don't have enough skilled drivers to manage off-road mud routes in the dark in the middle of a monsoon. It's less so an issue for our combat vehicles because they all get bonuses to difficult terrain, but it's going to be a swampy shithole getting our nuke and civilians out in the rain. DJF may want to correct me on this, but I think the Chimera is the only one with a MIU hookup and is therefore the only one I can drive actually well. I can give it the college try for the nuke truck, but without a MIU I'm better than being unskilled but worse than pretty much anyone else until I get my advanced career.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung
Rally at the drinking tank

Mung groaned as he heaved the first barrel bomb into place in the farmhouse. He could of swore his underlings were right behind him filling the next barrel up. He spins on his heels to see the gaggle of techscrunts all crowding the fuel tank. Must be fightin' over who gets ta' set the next bomb he thinks to himself until he notices halfway back that all his helpers had flasks and mugs and were fighting over the spigot to drink. Mung shouts uselessly into the mob:

"You useless bunch of dirty thieving fecks. Yer drinking all the good explodin' fuel an' not pouring me a glass! Billbob stop tryin to eat your shoes an' give me a glass"

Mung elbows his way up to the fuel spigot and bangs a nearby techscrunt on the head with his utility mechandrite to steal his drinking pot. He fills up the pot and an extra hip flask for later drinking before getting his drink on. He tasted the familiar metallic tang of the fuel and the potent aftertaste reminiscent of equal parts paint thinner and septic runoff. His stomach already groaning and squealing with equal parts pleasure and distress, Mung is then mentally prepared to assesses the situation with the techscrunts. Upon closer inspection (coupled with the fact that he is now in the middle of it) it appears that this is not the social gathering he had hoped and it was more a riot than a drinking party. He addresses the crowd with what authority he can muster, 'Hey you packa idjits, we got poo poo ta' do ifn we want ta-"

--

The angry juice

Mung was suddenly overcome by a wave of emotions: Anger, confusion, and lust and flatulence were emotions that most scrunts felt but few felt all of the above at the same time. He wanted to get to fight, he wanted to cry, he wanted to (and did, he noticed after the fact) piss himself, he wanted to start chewing on the tarmac around the farm, but most of all he wanted to drive, and he knew deep down that these squabbling pack of tweeking techscrunts wanted to as well. They just needed a motivator. They needed some fear to get them moving.

Now that he was properly addled and amped up, Mung pulled his burny flamecaster out from beneath his robes and shot a spray of fire straight up into the air. He shouted at the top of his voice, "YE FACKIN PACK A GEARHEADS GOT THE ANGRY JUICE IN YAS JUS' LIKE THE SCRUNTFATHER INTENDED. THIS 'ERE FARM IS poo poo AN WE GOT BETTER PLACES TO BE. SO NOW I'M YELLIN AT YA TA GET YER ASSES IN THEM LIMOS AN WITNESS A SCRUNT CONVOY IN ACTION CUZ IF YA DONT YALL'RE GONNA BE THE NEXT ONES I BURN UP." Mung punctuates this by firing another gout of flame into the air and hears several of the twitching anxious techscrunts hooting 'SLAM' and 'WITNESS' as the nearby sentinel begins spouting flames seemingly in unison.

Mung, now having completely forgotten about the fuel bomb he was working on or the nearby fires, elbows his way out of the scruntmob to lead them to the vehicles. As he crosses the tarmac, Mung spots Yurik cowering from the sentinel near the dreadnought wreck. Mung points at the smarty scrunt and shouts "NEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRD, GET'CHER rear end OVER HERE, YOU'RE RIDIN WIF ME."

In the workshop, Mung's drug addled mind has a brief moment of clarity as a small voice of reason reminds him to grab the chain knives sitting on a nearby table. He throws the chain knives into the passenger seat of the tanker while some of the other twitchy techscrunts grab cans of spraypaint for road huffing.

He turns the ignition on the tanker and pops it into gear to get on the road, leaving the ruins of the now-mildly-on-fire farmhouse behind him.

--

Gonna get me some of that angry juice Murdelia whipped up and then do a trained intimidate check against the scruntmob to follow me to Car Valhalla get on the road in the limos. Spend a fate point on this for reroll if needed.

I'm securing the chain knives for future bayonets from the loot pile.

I'll be driving the nuke/fuel truck in the convoy.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 13, 2015

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Skellybones, Grimply already rescued the EXPERIMENTAL COMBAT DRUGS.

Edit: You would probably want the Narthecium or however the gently caress you spell it. It's directly relevant to you doing the healing thing until I steal it and turn it into a medical mechandrite whenever I get a workshop.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Oct 19, 2015

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung
The Cave Entrance

The truck drive while uneventful could only be described as a clusterfuck to anyone on the inside of the cab. Yurik spent most of the ride bickering at Mung, meanwhile Mung, still manic from the drugged fuel was too busy shouting past Yurik about hare-brained technobabble and angry ranting at engine gremlins and the cursed walker that turns anyone seated in it into a raging jackhole.

By the time the truck rolled to a stop the worst of the drugs were starting to ease up, so Mung counteracted this by drinking an extra hip flask of the stuff he nicked before leaving the farm.

Hopped back up on angry sauce, Mung is first in line to volunteer to scout and get to a fight. He orders his rats to stay at the nuke truck and keep any civilian scrunts away by harrassing any trespassers

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Phonescrunt , using good quality auger array to detect radiation, warp corruption, EM signals, the works. Good quality let's me auto reroll a failed test and it can't be overloaded. Will also do scholastic lore (admech) to try and identify the propose of the servitor and any identifying markers on it.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Mung was riding high. Between the fighting juice and being able to loot the gently caress out of a dead servitor that he knew a frankly baffling amount on he was in high spirits. His normally meek and cowardly ways suppressed by the drugged fuel allowed him to follow the others deep into the tunnel where the comparatively logical voice in his head was screaming about impending doom or some such nonsense.

Mung didn't have time for the logical voice, there was poo poo that needed to be burned up. He followed the others deeper into the tunnel.

As the forward scouts come to a stop. Mung draws his flamey burncaster out from beneath his robes and toggles on both of the pilot lights. He whispers to the scrunts ahead of him "Oi, get the fack outta tha way, I gotta hankerin to burn up some poo poo if'n something comes our way"

---------
Half action ready weapon. With my other half action I'm going to try and elbow my way forward to get into the middle ranks, behind the scouts but out of the backline. Assume I'm advancing if everyone else is, otherwise just getting in the mid ranks and holding up. My intention next turn is to probably get up to where the tunnel forks off to the right and overwatch that way so long as other scrunts aren't in my fire line.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

flamer does, of course, preclude holding torches in your hands. perhaps you have another limb you could have already affixed a glowglobe or torch to??

Pilot lights are technically lights. :downs:

I was working on the assumption that someone else was touting a flashlight, giving out enough ambient light such that I could navigate. Unless you are cool handwaving it to "utility mechandrite has a flashlight too!" of which I'm fine without.

As far as another limb I could attach a torch to, I am not cool with dicklights.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

sorry, bit unclear - i know you said you're not leaving the lit area but just to make sure, which dot are you going for?

Go ahead and move me up toward the purple dot and I'm going to be watching toward the blue dot for weird dograbbits to burn. That'll be my move action for this turn. If people need to get past me to get to the north the I guess I can get on the inside of the corner closer to the blue dot and advance if nothing shows up next turn.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Click for music

Mung was too hopped up on fighting fuel to be concerned with wolfrabbit diplomacy. He elbows his way past Gumbo and yells "HOWS THIS FER SCARY" before opening the fuel mixture and blasting a great gout of double-fire down the tunnel at the approaching creatures.

----

Completely ignoring relaying anything to anyone and instead reveling in bloodlust. Going to try to force myself to the other side of Gumbo and fire my flamey burncaster up the tunnel. Drekk isn't moving and I'm up for initiative before Gumbo, so I should be clear of friendly fire. Aiming for maximum wolfrabbit burnage. Remember that the flamethrower is rending/reliable when calculating damage.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Tin Tim posted:

Well then I probably should use a half action to get closer if I can. Is throwing the nade half or full action? My gut is telling me half but I'm the eternal rules baby. If I can't get closer then I'll still do the throw because yolo

Also I will never increase my strength cause that's for suckas without cool guns

Half action to ready if you don't have quick draw, half action to throw. If you do have quick draw you can ready and throw in a half action.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Mung is elated to be able to test fire his flamethrower on something moving. Unfortunately it appears as though what he fired at isn't dead, moreso troubling it appears as though the wolfrabbits are bounding directly at him.

As they close in and as Drekk and Gumbo begin to engage them in melee Mung ghostfire addled brain decides that sounds like a jolly fun idea. He pulls out his gizmo-ed up axe and joins the fray.

----

I'm running on the assumption that dogsquad is going to engage the gently caress out of me by my next go round. Half action draw for my best quality axe and half action standard attack on one of the injured dogs.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Mung was having the time of his life. He was high on stimulants and the blood and hydraulic fluid was pumping in his veins. He wasn't sure why Grug was so pissy at the situation but the techscrunt was having a ball.

"What are ya talking about you daft ponce? Ya ain't killin' these things with kindness and they ain't scrunty enough ta be proper scruntdogs. Now shut yer gob and help us kill our dinner."

When the dograbbit got hold of Mung's shoulder he yelped in confusion but was not able to bite the creature back before it pulled away. Mung's retaliatory swing went wide and met the ground. By this point the drugs, the pain endorphins, and Mung's already manic state got him acting marginally more erratic than usual.

He starts cackling "Ahhhhahahahahahah, lookit the little hellbeast tryin' to eat me. I'm gonna eatchyou first ya little shitrabbit" before rearing up to take another swing.

------

Taking another swing on the dograbbit I'm engaged with, All out attack and assuming double team bonus from Gumbo.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Tin Tim: Standard (i.e. not swift/lightning attack) weapon swings give a +10 bonus as well, similar to firing a gun on single shot setting. Since you are effectively doing two separate single swings each attack should have an extra +10 bonus. Not that it's currently helping you this round due to how badly you failed, mind.

If you declared you were going to all out attack you could opt to lose your dodge/parry for the next turn in exchange for +30 WS which is handy if you think you're going to kill something.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rud_qEyRDGw

Mung stands victorious over his mostly overwhelmed prey. The adrenaline mixed with the ghostfire mixture mixed with the gasoline mixed with his raging malnutrition has amped his manic state into a fever pitch.

Mung, now nearly foaming at the mouth, grabs and hoists the corpse of his vanquished foe under his armpit. Mung takes a look at the gore and viscera oozing from the cloven head of the wolfrabbit and does the thing his drug addled mind thinks is a good idea: Namely taking a large bite out of the inside of the wolfrabbit's skill.

Bits of blood, brain, and viscera dribbles down his chin as he notices the Sergeant and Drekk moving forward to meet some large shadow in the distance. Mung, in his current clouded mindset moves up with the Gumbo and Drekk to meet the new foe, wolfrabbit corpse still slung underarm.

---

Half action to wield the corpse in my offhand and take a bite out of crime my dinner. Half action move up to join the other melee scrunts.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 17, 2015

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Something pops in Mung's head as he approaches the large dogbeast fighting the other two scrunts. The drug/fuel/adrenaline overload must be starting to wane because he can hear his voice of hosed-up scrunty reason over the din of gunfire and the thrill of the melee. He twitches uncontrollably and mutters to the nearby scrunts, perhaps as a warning, "Must-muST cOOk tHe meat, mUsT cOoK the mEAT, MUST COOK THE MEAT."

The techscrunt flops the corpse of his rabbitwolfmeal as close to the Alpha as he can and drops his axe at his feet before whipping out his bizarre flamer contraption, hosing both the alpha and the wolfrabbit corpse down with aerosol promethium and hitting the activator switch to start another fuel-air burst centered on the massive beast.

-----

Free action drop corpse and axe, half action draw flamey burncaster, half action :flame:

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 21, 2015

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Add 10 to that if you are doing a single attack and not a swift or lightning attack action.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung
Wounds: 7/12
Fate: 2/2

The techscrunt coos in satisfaction at the wolfbeast being cooked and also carved like a roast alive. It's only a matter of time before it'll be ready to eat.

He yells to the Sergeant "Roight now that the meat is proper cookin make sure you cut along the muscle grain, the meat is more tender that way. Remember not to carve all the gristle, that's the tastiest part!" before he determines it's time to see how the others behind him are coming along with the appetizers. The techscrunt picks up his dropped axe to put it away and waddles back toward the entrance

---

Picking my axe up off the ground and wandering back to the enterence. Out of character I'm looking for an angle where I can flamer the second giant wolfbeast without burning up my buddies. I'm in character ignoring the last surviving member of wolfsquad two because we don't have any light down that way and I don't really know what happened there anyway.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jan 15, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
You didn't miss by loads, you have +10 for single shot, +10 for close range would put it at 75 for the test. If comrades were down here or you had a custom grip that would be a hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung
Wounds: 7/12
Fate: 2/2

Mung skids to a halt, quite literally as he finally notices the blood pooling around his ankles. He yells out to the mass of scrunts clustered around the thrashing giant wolfrabbit "Which one of ya colossal morons done 'spilt all the blood? Yer wasting perfectly good drinking blood!" It takes the techscrunt a second for his drug and fuel addled brain to recognize that the others were still fighting the beast. He level his burncaster and tries to find an opportunity to get his shot in.

---

Looking for an opening to get a flamer shot in without burning up allies. If I have no clear shot assume I'm overwatching vaguely in that direction. Since my flamer is twin linked, this is going to be my last shot before the tank is empty.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jan 25, 2016

• Locked thread